Thread: Post Your UI

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nipah, yeah, I ran afoul of Photobucket and their hatred for proper screenshots. I've swapped to using Imageshack - I set WoW to take screenshots in quality 10 TGA images, which I convert to PNG's and then upload to Imageshack. They don't futz with resizing or dumbing down the image, thankfully. :-)

Also, check out Who Framed Watcher Wabbit for modifying the default quest tracker - it handles font, spacing, tracker size/position, etc. I tossed in QueTip, JobsAGood'n, and QueLevel to get 99% of the features I'm used to in quest addons. :>

Shuffler, I like some of your ideas. I really like how you've got threat handled - works great for DPS, but I think a tank or healer might wish for more. Also, isn't that Recount a little... large? Other than that, it looks pretty solid. :-)
    Last edited by Taryble; 2010-08-19 at 07:57 AM.

Deleted
    Just remember to follow the stickyed guidelines for imageshack. I'm tired of having to fix 5+ posts per page.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipah View Post
    I'm digging the combat text font (I wanna steal it, what is it??), but not the unit frame font (it's way too tall for my personal tastes).
    It's - gdFont , and tbh, its just slightly modified TUKUI, it just rox if u ask me and i've tried a lot, all u need to it is power auras, quarts + some boss encounter addon, rest is optional.

i would love tukui if it were accessible for 1024x1280 resolutions. Unfortunately, it's much less appealing in that formation. I'd also like to see the unit frames in more PvP-friendly places.

Using 1024x1280 and not liking action bars at all, I've had to build my own UI every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzume View Post

This is what it looks like atm. Modified TukUI with some extra addons. There are some hidden bars I forgot to show but w/e :P

Proper linkage according to guidelines.
    ~ Treeston
    Quote Originally Posted by Issyle View Post
    That is the worst UI I have ever seen.
    Sorry but I 100% agree here lol, you totally destroyed it! Omfg this is actually the worst UI of 2010 I saw to date and you made it from my UI addon. I'm crying right now... really... I'm crying.
    Last edited by tukz; 2010-08-20 at 12:26 AM.

OOC:

COMBAT:

feedback please
    Last edited by tariel36; 2010-08-20 at 05:20 PM. Reason: fixed hotlink

Honestly, it looks like a good computer so I'd make SuF a bit flashier. Other than that, it looks like your buff bar would interfere with your quest tracking in 25 mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Honestly, it looks like a good computer so I'd make SuF a bit flashier. Other than that, it looks like your buff bar would interfere with your quest tracking in 25 mans.
    SuF?

Also quest tracker is not interfere with buff bars, i adjusted it to minimap height.

Looks like you're using ShadowedUnitFrames, but I may be mistaken. Also, at least from that SS it looks like your buffs go downward, and they would tangle with the quest tracker text. I don't know what your full setup looks like in a 25 man though.

I hate how the default will always cut the name short due to having too much text in the health frame.
    Indeed, try to customise it a bit if possible.
    Do you really need two combo point indicators, both in number and in a graphical format.
    The micromenu under your minimap does not need to be visible.
    Make it mouseover only, or at the very least a lower alpha so it is less intrusive.
    You are apparantly tracking your lack of mails twice, once on the minimap and once on the data display on the bottom.
    If you are not using a bag replacement, then you can track currencies on that, including your honor and arena points, so removing the need to do so down there also.

Edit: What the posters above are describing is that they believe since your buffs are "growing" in a downward direction they will go down beyond the minimap and so potentially overlap with your objectives tracker.
    More likely in a raid environment, though that depends on if you have limited the number of buffs per row, so it would wrap into a new column. Unconventional maybe, but it can work fine like that.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2010-08-20 at 06:59 PM.

Idle and Party In Combat.

The higher bigger chatframe is for Guild, Party, Raid and Bg chat while the smaller lower chatframe is for everything else except whispers, for which I use WIM (as seen in the Idle screenshot).
    My Raid UI is pretty much the same as my Party In Combat UI, besides the fact there will probably be some more DBM bars up and more players will show. I scaled and positioned my raid frames so that exactly 40 health bars can fit above the buttons and chat.

(Also don't let the Damage Meters fool you, I was a bit too busy interrupting to do damage. Despite the fact that I'm Frostfire I really do good damage. =P)

Ratings, comments and questions about my UI and/or AddOns are welcome. =)

Deleted
    Three mod cheers, you used proper linking!

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I hate how the default will always cut the name short due to having too much text in the health frame.
    Indeed, try to customise it a bit if possible.
    Do you really need two combo point indicators, both in number and in a graphical format.
    The micromenu under your minimap does not need to be visible.
    Make it mouseover only, or at the very least a lower alpha so it is less intrusive.
    You are apparantly tracking your lack of mails twice, once on the minimap and once on the data display on the bottom.
    If you are not using a bag replacement, then you can track currencies on that, including your honor and arena points, so removing the need to do so down there also.

Edit: What the posters above are describing is that they believe since your buffs are "growing" in a downward direction they will go down beyond the minimap and so potentially overlap with your objectives tracker.
    More likely in a raid environment, though that depends on if you have limited the number of buffs per row, so it would wrap into a new column. Unconventional maybe, but it can work fine like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Looks like you're using ShadowedUnitFrames, but I may be mistaken. Also, at least from that SS it looks like your buffs go downward, and they would tangle with the quest tracker text. I don't know what your full setup looks like in a 25 man though.
    I'm rarely using bottom combo point indicator, it's just reminder if i forgot how many CP i have (upper one just shows for 2-3 sec and disappears)Check THIS movie to see how it works (few seconds a the begining).
    About minimap, i disabled all possible icons around [except pvp and random dungeon tool], so it tracks mail only once @ the bottom.
    Mmm I'm using pitbull (just modifed it a bit :P)
    I fixed micro menu, removed some text in health frame and sldatatext (% tracker is XP/rep tracker, forgot to turn it on ealier) and i turned on SBF options frame to show you how my buffs and debuffs works

I think it looks better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Three mod cheers, you used proper linking!
    It's called skill XD!

Deleted

In combat.

In combat described.

Odine ui (Tuk ui edit) that I customized, still a WiP. (any feedback appriciated).

next step when I have the time is to adjust the width of grid (lua coding q.Q).
    Last edited by mmoc1c984c02b2; 2010-08-20 at 10:18 PM. Reason: fixing thumbnails

What's the addon showing the boss HP and the timer?

Quote Originally Posted by Snater View Post
    What's the addon showing the boss HP and the timer?
    That would be DXE - Deus Vox Encounters - a boss mod.

Redid my UI a couple weeks ago. If you have any questions, you can always toss me a PM!

This is out of combat:

This is in combat:

Quote Originally Posted by Nipah View Post
    ...One thing that I enjoy that is just a bit of "why the hell is that necessary?" is the replacement of the "in combat" icon with the text "combat", and the replacement of the "resting" icon with a "zzz"... I wanted to remove a lot of the icons that I'd see constantly, and those 2 (along with dead/ghost as they're easy to replace as well) are the prime suspects in always being there...
    If you're using Stuf, what code did you use to get the status text? I had it over a year ago with Pitbull, but I want to use Stuf now except I'm having a hard time finding the correct format since the lua code is different. I want to be able to do it with all the icons (loot, pvp, leader, role etc).

Used pitbull more substantially than Stuf, but it is my understanding that pitbull tends to use a number of "helper" functions.
    More userfriendly pre-written sections of code, but still both can access the built in API.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    StUF requires you to use the exact same Lua coding that the addons themselves run on, at base - Pitbull4's "LuaTexts" module, on the other hand, programs in a lot of Helper Functions - things to make the most commonly done texts easier to write.

This has the side effect of any text written for StUF working fine for Pitbull4, but many Pitbull4 texts won't work in StUF.

If you open up the LuaTexts.lua file in PB4, you should be able to find the code for the "combat" and "resting" helper texts, if the PB4 luatext code doesn't operate properly in StUF.