Thread: Post Your UI

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't remember if I posted my UI recently or not, but here's what I've been running with lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by pr0fite View Post
    yeah you need atleast ElvUI + Shadow and Light for the basic Layout, im using Lyn's Minimap and a few other addons, but i will Upload my UI in the coming Days i still have to Pack it Neatly and im currently not @Home.
    Awesome thank you.
    Last edited by ausmara; 2017-03-21 at 09:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skmzarn View Post
    Very interesting! Thanks for the explanation. It's an interesting way to use your hots, but I think it gets too cluttered, atleast from my point of view, but I like the idea, and might get few ideas from this. Right now, I am using different framecolors depending on if you have a dispellable debuff on you, curse, magic, poison or disease, whatever.

Also using a yellow color if the player is fixated and needs some attention. Also using a red color if the player has some debuff that really requires your attention fast to focus-heal the target. So, I guess, your way won't work for me, when I already have such many colors, but I still like the idea.

Here's a clip with my UI in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAPD1xGzR5c
    I know that I got the idea using mouseover WA-strings from someone else, but maybe that guy got it from you? I don't know, but I love the idea though.
    Always nice to hear fellow swedes having fun on ts. Nice kill. I really hope the mouse-weakaura becomes common practise, it is just sooo good!

I think you are right that mixing too many elements and connecting too many ideas into one output channel will clutter it (I hope that makes sense). But I would argue that in raiding and dungeons you are very aware of what debuffs will come at what time and a simple indicator would be enough; that logic can of cause be used on hots to, but I would say 1. debuffs are out of your control, 2. you'r often only concerned with who and stack count, 3. if you already have plenty of hots on the target the fact that he has a debuff is not your concern.

PS: I think your UI is cool, a bit cluttered and I prefer a smaller gap between raid frames, center, CDs. And I dont really understand why you show numerical health deficiency and I dont understand all the inner functions of the grid looks complicated, what are the bars that sometimes cross the frames? My main concern is how the color or bar texture of the health deficit make me feel like everything is going to shitz, personally I prefer to keep that deficit out of my mind and faded as low as possible Ultimately it is not my role to spot heal or get caught up in said spot healing.

PS2: Have you considered using /cast [@cursor] Efflorescence ?
    Last edited by mmoc6b0ee71655; 2017-03-22 at 12:12 AM.

Hello. Could you please tell me the name of your addon on left side, where your whole raid's health bar appears? Looks amazing.
    good job, your UI is a very good one!

Quote Originally Posted by stokbaek View Post
    I used last 2 days trying to build your UI using ElvUI and weak auras only. This is what I have gotten so far

I like your raid frames, how do you get them?

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    I like it too. Do you mind share?

Quote Originally Posted by mikkelsen View Post
    Always nice to hear fellow swedes having fun on ts. Nice kill. I really hope the mouse-weakaura becomes common practise, it is just sooo good!

I think you are right that mixing too many elements and connecting too many ideas into one output channel will clutter it (I hope that makes sense). But I would argue that in raiding and dungeons you are very aware of what debuffs will come at what time and a simple indicator would be enough; that logic can of cause be used on hots to, but I would say 1. debuffs are out of your control, 2. you'r often only concerned with who and stack count, 3. if you already have plenty of hots on the target the fact that he has a debuff is not your concern.

PS: I think your UI is cool, a bit cluttered and I prefer a smaller gap between raid frames, center, CDs. And I dont really understand why you show numerical health deficiency and I dont understand all the inner functions of the grid looks complicated, what are the bars that sometimes cross the frames? My main concern is how the color or bar texture of the health deficit make me feel like everything is going to shitz, personally I prefer to keep that deficit out of my mind and faded as low as possible Ultimately it is not my role to spot heal or get caught up in said spot healing.

PS2: Have you considered using /cast [@cursor] Efflorescence ?
    Thanks, when I watched the clip afterwards, I noticed that I did sound like a big ass, because I was whining at my girlfriend when she was sneezing multiple times behind me. That disturbed me abit since I was too focused. :P

Most of the time you don't even need to know what the debuff does - just that, it hurts and it requires some focushealing. But nowadays, you are unlikely to die in 1.5-2 sec from a debuff - not like it was in much earlier tiers, when you were spiking like hell, up and down.

Thank you. I love my UI, but you're right, it is a bit too cluttered, but I don't know how I can improve it further. I am out of ideas. I will never be happy enough with the UI, since there's always something you can improve anywhere, and it's fun too. It is quite complicated, yes. The bars in the upper part of the frames, are the progresstimer that shows when people use their personal cooldowns, or raidcooldowns, in a priority-list, linked to the actual icon of it in the left upper corner.
    The middle bars are, either Cenarion Ward progresstimer, the color depends on if it's from you, or another druid, it also shows beacon of light targets, and earth shield (only in pvp for now since it was removed in pve-legion). All with their own priorities.

The bars in the lower part of the frames are, in priority, first: pink color that shows the actual absorbamount the frame has, counted from their current maxhp, but there's also a number for that in the middle lower part, so you all absorbs are merged into a figure If there is no absorb, you will see different colors for other healer's hots, so you will see if the target has other hots. Blue for shammy, teal for MW, yellow for Pala, green for druid, white for Priest, and so on. Also, other druids wild growths. It might be abit overkill, but I like it. It helps me to save mana when I know that there should not be any incoming dmg for a short time, to not heal that target, or atleast, focus on someone else as priority, same if I see someone use their personal cooldowns, I won't focus too much on that person., or at all, depending on what cd they use.

My biggest goal is to keep my overhealing as low as possible, and you probably saw in the clip that I had, kind of lowest healing of all healers (I also have the lowest gear though), but also highest mana left, and least overhealing by far, and in the end I wasn't starving for mana when it really counted, while others were kinda oom.

I want to see the numerical health deficiency because I know how much healing my spells does and can then figure out how much healing a target needs, so I will keep the overhealing lower. You're right there, it's definately not our duty to spotheal people, since there are much better healingspecs that can do it, but I have played all healingspecs, and I use the same UI for all my characters, so it works fine this way. I am quite used to "save" people from their deaths, nomatter what healingspec I use. Just that druids are not the best to do it, but not worthless either. :P
    I have tried the @cursor macro, but I didn't like it at all. I find it much better to have control into where I put the Efflo.

I hope that I cleared some questionmarks there. If not, you're most welcome to ask anything again, we could help each other out.
    Last edited by skmzarn; 2017-03-22 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pr0fite View Post
    yeah you need atleast ElvUI + Shadow and Light for the basic Layout, im using Lyn's Minimap and a few other addons, but i will Upload my UI in the coming Days i still have to Pack it Neatly and im currently not @Home.
    Where'd you find the Flatsmooth texture?
    Last edited by Naeno; 2017-03-22 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    Well he's using ElvUI, but make your raid growth "Down then right/left", then you make it so you have 5 groups per row/column.

Pretty happy with it, playing with cooldowns being bars vs icons, not sure which I like most.

(Click for bigger)

Quote Originally Posted by vulpix View Post
    Pretty happy with it, playing with cooldowns being bars vs icons, not sure which I like most.

(Click for bigger)
    I like it but I'd probably go with icons, seems like the section in the middle takes away a bit too much of your floor view to be practical

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

Quote Originally Posted by Jassinta View Post
    I like it but I'd probably go with icons, seems like the section in the middle takes away a bit too much of your floor view to be practical
    Yeah, after doing a progress fight in tonights raid, it's too distracting having to read what you have on cooldown instead of just glancing down and seeing which icons are there. I'm open to critisism of all kinds!

Yeah, after doing a progress fight in tonights raid, it's too distracting having to read what you have on cooldown instead of just glancing down and seeing which icons are there. I'm open to critisism of all kinds!
    I tried the progress bar cd thing and had the same issue. icons are just so much simpler?
    I did try to colour the bars to see if it helped it does a little but obviously you have a different colour profile for your ui.

Still looks pretty damn good though.

Could you share your elvui profile? (assuming it is elv looks like it to me at least)

Yeah I found in my earlier introduction to WA that the only way I could use bars instead of icons was if they were all coloured differently and still had the icon on one side of the bar anyway, so I just went to icons only and never went back haha.

I'm using Anarkz UI from Fatboss, and he had all his timers for buffs in just uniform red coloured bars much like yours but as you said, just a bit too distracting compared to the simplicity of a quick glance and immediately recognising the icon.

Really like it though, but yeah the middle is too blocked up with the current progress bars imo, but should end up being much less intrusive if it went to icons

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

My ElvUI. Been using this for couple weeks. Feels adequate for now.

Mounted

Out of Combat

Raid

Demo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftshadow View Post
    As a clicker (I know :P) I look at this and think it would be my perfect UI if I was full UI keybinder.

My latest version heavily tweaked from previous posts:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skmzarn View Post
    Thanks, when I watched the clip afterwards, I noticed that I did sound like a big ass, because I was whining at my girlfriend when she was sneezing multiple times behind me. That disturbed me abit since I was too focused....
    I was actually progressing spellblade yesterday when I remembered what you had written; and I added a top layer that shows the healthbar in red/pink if they have Mark of Frost. And it worked wonders, it was much easier to keep track of who to spam hot in that hectic phase. Also, A few weeks back I was searching for a way to gradiantly color the healthbars depending on amount of healing incoming and total absorb; in order to minimise overhealing. But ultimately it was to difficult to 'program' for me so I gave up on it. My point being that I approve of taking into account players current state (health, cds, absorbs, incoming heals); but often I want to heal them regardless of status, better safe than sorry without exceptions. And naturally I have tuned up the indicator for incoming heals so it is easy to see if someone is targeting player A with a direct heal and I can hold back on my regrowth or swiftmend.

I digg the graphics, might take some inspiration from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    I tried the progress bar cd thing and had the same issue. icons are just so much simpler?
    I did try to colour the bars to see if it helped it does a little but obviously you have a different colour profile for your ui.

Still looks pretty damn good though.

Could you share your elvui profile? (assuming it is elv looks like it to me at least)
    Yup, went back to icons.

Profile: https://wago.io/VJ_9kn2jM
    You'll need Ubuntu Bold & Flat statusbar to properly import it (I think?)

Deleted
    That's clean and minimalist, I like !

Quote Originally Posted by mikkelsen View Post
    I was actually progressing spellblade yesterday when I remembered what you had written; and I added a top layer that shows the healthbar in red/pink if they have Mark of Frost. And it worked wonders, it was much easier to keep track of who to spam hot in that hectic phase. Also, A few weeks back I was searching for a way to gradiantly color the healthbars depending on amount of healing incoming and total absorb; in order to minimise overhealing. But ultimately it was to difficult to 'program' for me so I gave up on it. My point being that I approve of taking into account players current state (health, cds, absorbs, incoming heals); but often I want to heal them regardless of status, better safe than sorry without exceptions. And naturally I have tuned up the indicator for incoming heals so it is easy to see if someone is targeting player A with a direct heal and I can hold back on my regrowth or swiftmend.
    Nice that you tried something new and liked it.

Vuhdo works perfectly for those features you were talking about as you can see in my clip. I really miss the incoming heal indicators though. They've been broken since Legion, and the new author didn't take care of it - not sure if he ever will, might try to remind him because I loved that. Saves so much mana when you're getting used to it, that's mainly why I track other's hots so I can atleast see something, instead of incoming direct heals.