Thread: Post Your UI

i think this could use some slightly better art to ground it? im just kind of messing around moving elements for the first time again. also need a decent text font

Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    i think this could use some slightly better art to ground it? im just kind of messing around moving elements for the first time again. also need a decent text font
    What sort of style are you looking for.
    Plus are you looking for a more standard font for the UI, different from the more cosmetic one on the unitframe.
    Plus are you in europe, as cyrillic support could matter more.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

it looks nice! i think the action bars could use some better art though.

side note, I wish you would port your 1.12 ui to work with retail wow

yeah i already polished that up a bit.

i have an idea for the typefaces but i think il wait to try tomorrow
    Last edited by modernist; 2017-05-01 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Alright I'm really curious. Sorry if it's answered in the WA, but what in the world is that circle of icons that pops up around 35-36 seconds?
    Like Amemiya said, it's Opie. Probably the second thing I install after Weakauras whenever I start fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Aok View Post
    I don't know shit about monks, but, you're not a healer right ?
    If you are, isn't it troublesome for you to put the raid frame so low on your screen compared to your character ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I suppose it could be done for symmetry, but I think there is a point when form should not come over function.
    And raid frames for a healer is IMO absolutely one of those times.
    If putting them at the side lets you do your job better, then to hell with how it looks.
    Yep, I main a MW. It's not too low for me, I haven't found that I haven't been able to both heal and get outta fire yet. Although I use a lot of visual queues, I play with game sounds on and that helps me to dance just fine.

In 5m content they're moved up a bit, but not by too much. I've tried putting my frames to either the left or right in the past, but always find myself centering them again. Just more comfortable for my play style, I've Pavlov'd my peripheral vision so that this format works best for me. When I DPS or Tank they pop up to the left hand screen, turn vertical groups, and become more contrasted to keep them outta the way but still able to glean info from without really looking at them.
    Last edited by lasair; 2017-05-02 at 02:17 AM.

Deleted
    It's very much a work in progress, but here's what I've got at the moment. I mainly run 5m content;

http: // imgur.com /a/ zFBon
    Last edited by mmoc3fababf025; 2017-05-02 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imerzion View Post
    It's very much a work in progress, but here's what I've got at the moment. I mainly run 5m content;

http://imgur.com/a/zFBon
    Fixed link for you. Looks good, mate!

Xpariah
    , Protection Warrior
    Xdh, Vengeance Demon Hunter
    Reckoning, Usually Recruiting
    YouTube & Twitch, Warrior & DH Tank PoV

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is my current and best UI Ive ever used, its elvui minimalistic profile I got from preach, just look how clean and sleek it looks:

Out of combat:

In combat:

Quote Originally Posted by iNUKE View Post
    This is my current and best UI Ive ever used, its elvui minimalistic profile I got from preach, just look how clean and sleek it looks:
    unify your fonts, man. you have like 7 different fonts and font sizes.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    unify your fonts, man. you have like 7 different fonts and font sizes.
    What fonts, you mean the damage fonts? not sure if troll XD

They are right there are at the very least 3 different fonts, if not more.
    Hardly "trolling".

The font for the button bindings on your action bar as far as I can see doesn't match anything else.
    The nameplate has a Serif font which I can't see anywhere else.
    The combat text to me looks to be a different one from the unitframes, and maybe the damage meter as well.

Replying and perhaps commenting that the font's aren't a priority for now, or something else more appropriate.
    Instead of calling them a troll which simply makes it look like you can't handle criticism.
    Which makes a discussion forum the wrong place to be posting.
    Make an argument why you disagree.
    Don't attack them personally simply because they do.

Sick of disagreements resulting in "trolling", "fanboy" and similar attacks.

A work in progress fair enough will have inconsistencies such as varying fonts.
    You just give the impression that it is something polished and finished.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-05-03 at 03:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

As stated, unify your fonts. Also the statusbar textures. I see like .. 3? different ones.
    Also the font shadow on the unit frames seems a bit too much.

Since most ElvUI layouts look the same for me .. I am just noting what you could improve.
    oh, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    it looks nice! i think the action bars could use some better art though.

side note, I wish you would port your 1.12 ui to work with retail wow

as much as i like using a display font like that blackletter for stuff like names, it proves really hard to balance around. so i switched back to something less wild
    Last edited by modernist; 2017-05-03 at 12:45 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely different:
    Skada is using it's own font.
    Unit frames are using their own font.
    Action bars have their own font.
    Nameplates look like they have their own font.

Might not be different but can't tell:
    Friendly names look like they have their own font (probably default).
    Buffs might have their own font but I can't tell because you're using monochrome outline and it's distorting the text.
    Damage font looks like it may be different but if it's default then it may be the same as some other default client fonts.

So no he's not "trolling". I personally have my damage font different than the rest of my UI but the rest of it pretty much stays unified. The font I use for my damage wouldn't work for the rest of the UI is all. Just take the font you like most and apply it to everything in ElvUI and all of your visible addons that can have the fonts changed. You can also place that font in a Fonts folder for WoW and change the names to replace the the default WoW fonts if you want.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-05-03 at 01:27 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Imerzion View Post

http: // imgur.com /a/ zFBon
    Looks really good! Is it available publicly? Would love to use it.

Your Skada is in Accidental Presidency.
    Your quest log is Expressway.
    Your Target Nameplate is in that serif default WoW font.
    Your keybinds on the bars is in Homespun.
    Your Unitframes are in another font with an unnecessarily thick outline.
    Your monochrome outline makes the buffs font look like an entirely different one.

It's not a troll, it's an observation to help you improve your UI, which is what this thread is for.

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

as much as i like using a display font like that blackletter for stuff like names, it proves really hard to balance around. so i switched back to something less wild
    what is that font you use? (for name/tooltip) beauty as always.

Alte Haas Grotesk and a bootleg version of Bloomberg's headline font, which is probably Avenir 85 Heavy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angeredsoul View Post
    Looks really good! Is it available publicly? Would love to use it.
    Thanks man! The version that's on show here isn't available for download.. Yet..

I have the older version on WoW Interface which is good to go though (quick search for Imerzion should get you there), I'll be putting this one out there when I'm happy with it.
    Last edited by mmoc3fababf025; 2017-05-04 at 02:48 PM.

Here's my UI. Any and ALL criticism is appreciated. Wanting to make this look spiffy.

http: // imgur.com /a/ JfwIR