Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by nightcrow View Post
    Here is my new ui

I like the minimal look

Any commentary???
    Is this ElvUI? If so, any chance for an import link? I really like this!
    Last edited by hurrricanne; 2017-07-14 at 04:14 AM.

Deleted

My current UI. Pretty basic ElvUI setup, but I think it looks neat. Any feedback is welcome.
    Last edited by mmocc521106ee3; 2017-07-14 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hurrricanne View Post
    Is this ElvUI? If so, any chance for an import link? I really like this!
    Yeap it is and elvui setup
    You can adjust your Weakauras around

here is the link
    https://wago.io/SksefF0NZ

Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    I'm messing around with animations and stuff, and, well, not quite exactly what I intended, but amusing:

Is that an addon that's placing a casting reticle on your mouse cursor? If so, what is it?

- - - Updated - - -

I think i found it, thanks. Though the addon "Cursorcastbar" seems to be out of date. Is there a different addon? Can WA's accomplish this?
    Last edited by Hendawgg; 2017-07-14 at 06:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendawgg View Post
    Is that an addon that's placing a casting reticle on your mouse cursor? If so, what is it?

- - - Updated - - -

I think i found it, thanks. Though the addon "Cursorcastbar" seems to be out of date. Is there a different addon? Can WA's accomplish this?
    In the video I'm using rCompassCastbar, which hasn't been updated recently but still works perfectly as far as I've seen. CursorCDtimer also works and has some more features, but it doesn't look as good out of the box and I didn't feel like doing any setup at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    In the video I'm using rCompassCastbar, which hasn't been updated recently but still works perfectly as far as I've seen. CursorCDtimer also works and has some more features, but it doesn't look as good out of the box and I didn't feel like doing any setup at the time.
    Awesome, thanks. How do you like it? Was it easy to transition from a standard bar to the cursor? Seems like i'd have to use both to start until my eyes no longer gravitate to the standard bar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendawgg View Post
    Can WA's accomplish this?
    Sure thing

Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    Neat, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    For a while, back in Wrath, I also had a separate window for loot/gold, to prevent it from scrolling actual things said in party/raid. I've found, though, that just a separate tab in the same window works. For me, at least. I don't always need to be seeing loot/gold scroll, but it's always there for me to click over to in order to see what all dropped, if I want. And it doesn't take up any extra appreciable screen real estate. Might be worth a try.
    Is it possible to have the General window allow loot announcements based on their rarity? E.g., if I don't want to deal with the endless announcements of vendor trash, greens, or even blues, but only purples, I'm guessing that WoW's interface isn't that granular, but perhaps an add-on?

Made some changes lols...

Solo

Combat

Raid

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftshadow View Post
    the font size on basically everything is too big, thats why its blurry. it also looks like you have the fonts set to use OUTLINE, instead of MONOCHROME OUTLINE.

either making the font smaller and changing the outline type or using a different (larger) more readable pixel font would look much better.

other large pixel fonts i recommend would be MiniMasa at size 12 or Aansa at size 16
    Last edited by kheath812; 2017-07-16 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    the font size on basically everything is too big, thats why its blurry. it also looks like you have the fonts set to use OUTLINE, instead of MONOCHROME OUTLINE.

either making the font smaller and changing the outline type or using a different (larger) more readable pixel font would look much better.

other large pixel fonts i recommend would be MiniMasa at size 12 or Aansa at size 16
    Yep! That's exactly how I like it =D

Yep! That's exactly how I like it =D
    y tho.. /10char

Deleted
    is the text underneath your action bar an addon or a weakaura and if it's the latter would you mind sharing it?

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    is the text underneath your action bar an addon or a weakaura and if it's the latter would you mind sharing it?
    It's actually an elvui plugin called Elvui System Data Text. Unlike the default one provided by elvui, it shows memory as well as being able to select world or home latency.

I modified it to also show durability and time in 1 line. Other wise elvui by default spaces out their datatext weirdly far apart.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last View Post
    I PM'd Vulpix and he linked me this
    I can take down if you dont want it public vulpix just let me know.
    I know it's been awhile but I would really love to get a copy of this if possible? Link says it has expired as per the previous one...if anyone could share that would be great!!

Quote Originally Posted by vije View Post
    some progress on the creative process - decided to go back to the Sovereignty aesthetic

for those who asked, the menu icon is a current project of mine to consolidate settings into a neat button. currently housing class hall, chatmenu and micromenu. everything else is forked from FreeUI.Fluffy, but afaik it's last been updated in April
    Had a similar idea of sorts myself.
    Consolidating brokers and similar clutter used to toggle addons or display their configs into a small number of menu's.
    Might keep an eye on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    And question to people in general: Is the minimalist approach mostly a power user thing? Because my UI is pretty busy (taking up most of the bottom 1/3 of the screen), and I can't imagine going without any of it. (ElvUI chat windows, four action bars that mirror the left side of my keyboard--with extra buttons for miscellaneous stuff--Reputation Bars add-on for tracking current-content factions, bag bar and mini bar; with Recount graph and Details list on the left, and quest list and two action bars on the right. Lower center of the screen will be player/target/pet/focus frames, hopefully soon with buffs/debuffs showing, and soon the fun-and-informative "what of my spells does the most damage" from Details. Plus Weak Auras showing priorities and cooldowns.) Mostly, I need the action bars because I don't have the "muscle memory" for my keybinds, so it helps to glance if I forget which button to push.
    Minimalism in my view is the removal of redundancy and unnecessary information.
    You can justify the action bars, as you find them necessary.
    What defines minimalist isn't fixed, and will change from one player to the next.
    But in short I see the first step as deciding what you REALLY need to know and act upon DURING combat.
    I find the usual approach with combat text to be unhelpful, as you aren't going to be acting upon how much most of your attacks hit for.
    Same with datatexts, where unless you have a performance or connectivity issue, do you really need to see your fps or latency.
    Do you need to constantly see how many friends are online, how much gold you have, etc.
    Your raid role, your experience, your role in a guild (streamer, leader, etc) and many other things are going to influence what information you will act upon, and what information needs to be displayed for the benefit of others (streaming or video content).
    Look at something you see on-screen, and ask yourself "is seeing that going to influence my gameplay".

You don't need to be a "power user" to consider where your UI might be getting in the way.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-07-17 at 07:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Anyone got some insane looking Balance druid ui maybe?

Deleted
    looks dope!

is the System text in the bottom from Elvui or Weak Auras? looking for some WAs that show latency and fps...

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Minimalism in my view is the removal of redundancy and unnecessary information.
    Yeah, I'm getting on board with that. The bag bar is gone (though there's some weird reskinning from one of the add-ons I've downloaded...). Reputation doesn't show in combat, and it fades away after 30-45 seconds. The damage meter isn't as cool as I thought it'd be, so that's going away, too.

Biggest thing now is the center of my screen. I've downloaded Afenar's excellent Weak Auras, and they clutter up the screen. I just want something simple in the middle of the screen: My player frame (maybe with the cast bar right below it; and below that, if possible, buffs/debuffs) on the left/lower edge of the middle of the screen. My target frame in a similar position on the right/lower edge (again, with cast bar and buffs/debuffs below it). In between, I'd like to set up WA for my offensive and defensive cooldowns, and below that, my "priority" (as defined by WoWhead guides) letting me know what I SHOULD have cast as I'm flailing away at the keys. :-)

I think I can get rid of the action bars if I can get the WA to show my keybind keys? And if I can get the OPie to consolidate all my stuff (e.g., there's four mounts I have on all my characters: water strider, vendor/repair mammoth, sea turtle, and sandstone drake; soon to be adding the xmog yak; there's already a "ring" for professions, I've seen). If I can get OPie to consolidate all the stuff that's sitting on action bars, that'll lessen the need for them. Just have to figure out what to do with the ones that require frequent use in specific circumstances (e.g., archaeology and fishing).

Then I can consolidate my chat windows to one frame. General chatter (channels), combat log, rewards (gold, loot, AP, etc.), personal chatter (guild chat, whispers, achievement announcements), and party/raid chat, I think that covers all situations? Is there a way to filter loot so it doesn't announce anything below a "blue"/rare?