Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Atwood View Post
    You didn't even tried ElvUI do you?

Standard ElvUI looks much different then this.

Also there is a lot of work in Tags, Filters etc.
    Youre mistaking "standard" with "default". Whilst it isnt out-of-the-box default, and there may have been a lot of backend work we cant see, this is the standard layout for hundreds of other Elv UIs out there.

You didn't even tried ElvUI do you?

Standard ElvUI looks much different then this.

Also there is a lot of work in Tags, Filters etc.
    I started coding my own addons when elvui was just a tukui skin, so yes i tried elvui. It's an awesome suite but installing it and tweaking options in the menu is something i see around every single day and it's nothing special. (i don't mean about the effort someone puts in it, but because 99% of the UIs posted are Elv+WA).

By the way, both Tuk and Elv started as an oUF skin, then they became the basically standard wow ui. Much like XPerl was very far back in the days. And then we all started doing pixelperfect retro-styled unitframes, etc. It's just cyclical.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Maybe he could be called WeakAuras: RealUI -Burning Crusade?
    Last edited by Enixz; 2021-06-21 at 11:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Went for a more cartoony-gamey style, since i cannot figure out how to get consistent pixel perfect stuff (upgraded to a 1440p monitor - usual scripts dont work and don't want to manually fix every frame lol).

Still need to deal with standard buffs and the objective frame. Will deal with the chat aswell.

I like your idea--definitely different. What's your ARIALN front?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Went for a more cartoony-gamey style, since i cannot figure out how to get consistent pixel perfect stuff (upgraded to a 1440p monitor - usual scripts dont work and don't want to manually fix every frame lol).

Still need to deal with standard buffs and the objective frame. Will deal with the chat aswell.

You got too many abilities on your screen in my opinion. Why show Obliterate, Frost Strik, Chain of Ice etc.

Also why show your bags.

Also the location of your abilities seem random. There's no real structure of defensive abilities vs offensive abilities vs utility.

And you need to farm some gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    You got too many abilities on your screen in my opinion. Why show Obliterate, Frost Strik, Chain of Ice etc.

Also why show your bags.

Also the location of your abilities seem random. There's no real structure of defensive abilities vs offensive abilities vs utility.

And you need to farm some gold.
    They're the standard actionbars (and i literally mean blizzard ones, just moved and reskinned). As for the organization, it's just how im used to for years ago The aura trackers are just above the runes.

Bags could be hidden, yeah. Maybe mouse over so you can change bags if needed. The micromenu is hidden and it's just above the minimap.

As for gold, its an alt but i don't farm much gold, i just buy some tikens and then play the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ansi View Post
    I like your idea--definitely different. What's your ARIALN front?
    Not at pc right now, but i can check later.

EDIT: the chat font is called Collegiate, the other texts/numbers (on the unitframes for example) is Lemon Milk.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2021-06-25 at 08:41 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Still W.I.P any Suggestions?
    Mess around with the buff filters on the unit frames. Personally, I don't have meaningless buffs like whatever the weekly bonus is on the player frame. I try to reserve only buffs that have a higher impact in combat than generic world buffs just take up that space.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

In combat (Unitframes not shown out of combat)

In raid + combat

Last edited by F Rm; 2021-07-04 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Better raid image

I've been away for while .. but couldn't resist TBC classic!

I loved wildstart and im one of those who still hope it comes back one day, so i made my UI based on one of my fav projects called VikingHugs.

Addons:
    -ElvUI
    -Custom media folder
    -Weakauras
    -Masque
    -Questie!
    -XIV_Databar
    Last edited by mikkis2k; 2021-07-02 at 12:33 PM.

trying something new for a change. inspired by Halcyone's UI from TBC. not completely satisfied with the pixel font, but havent found a suitable replacement yet

VikingHugs UI

mikkis2k can u share that UI mate ?

https://github.com/CoreVale/CCUI/issues/1

Above is a link to a series of pictures showing the basic variabilities of layout for the UI I spent far too many hours honing in wow. I'd chosen to call it "Class Core User Interface" or CCUI. I Got lost in optimizing aesthetics and never sharing (apologies for the selfishness). A few of the iterations were lost as computers broke, but here's what's left. Can't say I play these days, but I put too many hours into it to not share it.

All credit goes to (among many lost names): Birg, Haleth (skarie for keeping a version alive), pHishr, Duke, p3lim, Lynn, Vxt, Halcyon, Vranx, Roth, Tuk, Elv, SrCarebear, Kendian, ComputerNerd, Taryble too who share's that avatar (cant remember who joined first), Kolkil, Sunnydee, don't recall the name of the creator; but "ultimui," Much gratitude for putting up and addressing my anonymous altogether plebian questions. Lastly (most importantly) for providing the horsepower behind the idea of CCUI (utilizing the existing class crests as an anchor to base a user interface around) Odylle. Never thanked you for that... so, Thanks be to you sir or ma'am. I know there are so many more. forgive me, and pls drop ur names by. The UI community that was created by wow has and i hope might remain something special.

As Far as what I did with the inspiration these good folks fed me- Each class and most specs have modified "class core" crest art (just changin colors and cleaning up some pixels here and there; at the last time of my playing they also included relevant class ability procs/cooldowns/snapshots/pandemic timers) and through the grace of weakauras two (those godly creators) relevant spell effects conveying pertinent information to the user while also feeling "immersive" as best as i could figure at the time. Some classes more than others, but check the screenshots. If the interest is there, I will learn how to make videos and upload some of all the classes/specs I did something with. Hope someone finds it useful )

*ps, pardon the username, lol! many years ago and all (though I can't say I don't like any of those three things) XD

- - - Updated - - -

** oh and resolutions may be wrong, all bit mapped/"pixel" fonts are rendered for my relevant resolution. if not be for yours, settings are modifiable...

Kait UI TBC classic Hunter version.
    Last edited by Kaitain; 2021-07-16 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NERDZILLA View Post
    The little menubar in the bottom left, is that part of ElvUI?

Quote Originally Posted by metalbeerandwomen View Post
    https://github.com/CoreVale/CCUI/issues/1

Above is a link to a series of pictures showing the basic variabilities of layout for the UI I spent far too many hours honing in wow. I'd chosen to call it "Class Core User Interface" or CCUI. I Got lost in optimizing aesthetics and never sharing (apologies for the selfishness). A few of the iterations were lost as computers broke, but here's what's left. Can't say I play these days, but I put too many hours into it to not share it.

All credit goes to (among many lost names): Birg, Haleth (skarie for keeping a version alive), pHishr, Duke, p3lim, Lynn, Vxt, Halcyon, Vranx, Roth, Tuk, Elv, SrCarebear, Kendian, ComputerNerd, Taryble too who share's that avatar (cant remember who joined first), Kolkil, Sunnydee, don't recall the name of the creator; but "ultimui," Much gratitude for putting up and addressing my anonymous altogether plebian questions. Lastly (most importantly) for providing the horsepower behind the idea of CCUI (utilizing the existing class crests as an anchor to base a user interface around) Odylle. Never thanked you for that... so, Thanks be to you sir or ma'am. I know there are so many more. forgive me, and pls drop ur names by. The UI community that was created by wow has and i hope might remain something special.

As Far as what I did with the inspiration these good folks fed me- Each class and most specs have modified "class core" crest art (just changin colors and cleaning up some pixels here and there; at the last time of my playing they also included relevant class ability procs/cooldowns/snapshots/pandemic timers) and through the grace of weakauras two (those godly creators) relevant spell effects conveying pertinent information to the user while also feeling "immersive" as best as i could figure at the time. Some classes more than others, but check the screenshots. If the interest is there, I will learn how to make videos and upload some of all the classes/specs I did something with. Hope someone finds it useful )

*ps, pardon the username, lol! many years ago and all (though I can't say I don't like any of those three things) XD

- - - Updated - - -

** oh and resolutions may be wrong, all bit mapped/"pixel" fonts are rendered for my relevant resolution. if not be for yours, settings are modifiable...
    I like the global design and the I can obviously see the polished details of this UI.
    I personally found the out of combat a little weard, having juste the class texture, alone in the middle, but I know you had a decision to take, and you took it.
    I wood place the action bar right under the unit frames to avoid eyes movements but it is only becose I'm in 3440/1440, with your resolution, its ok like that I guess.
    Last edited by Duke; 2021-07-17 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    The little menubar in the bottom left, is that part of ElvUI?
    It is from ElvUI_WindTools. I customized it with the built-in options.

It is from ElvUI_WindTools. I customized it with the built-in options.
    Thanks for the reply. Using Naowh's style UI myself and that little bar would work well over the standard icon bars.

15+ Year Old Account
    What's the bar in the top left with T1, T2 etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Chibitoo View Post
    What's the bar in the top left with T1, T2 etc?
    Probably a WA that displays talent choices, some crucial equipment picks (trinket etc.) and so on.

Popular with streamers because people keep asking them what their spec is, what talents they use, what conduits, etc. With this, it's all visible on the screen instantly.