Thread: Post Your UI

Uploading now 2.0
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    perfect :-)

ColdUI 2.0 now online! Thanks for people supporting it

DPS layout (raidframes are now smaller anyway)

Healer layout

Enjoy!

Man, everytime I look at someone elses UI I feel like I really need to redo mine.. Maybe when I resub I'll try out something new.

Not really a fan of Xperl anymore but it's the only one I know how to make show what I want to show.

Plus I really want my UI to work well for every class for every spec with the layout of the bars.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-07-04 at 11:09 AM.

Anyone have a Good looking UI Repack for a Raiding Hunter.

I have One currently but it's starting to get old and annoying

Quote Originally Posted by nokei View Post
    Anyone have a Good looking UI Repack for a Raiding Hunter.

I have One currently but it's starting to get old and annoying
    http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/index.php?cid=28

Quote Originally Posted by EKAA25 View Post

ElvUI
    BigWigs
    MSBT
    Skada
    How in hell your ElvUI looks like that? =D This new one looks like shit. :/

@coldkil

Some things that are jumping out at me in the Ui:

1. I hate the tooltip. Its over-sized and gives you class information 4 different times. Its also the only Ui element using a 3 px border instead of a 1 px border.
    2. Your data texts at the bottom of the Ui are unevenly spaced.

Also...a personal preference of mine, for consistency, I would suggest using 3 letter abbreviations for all the data texts.
    You have "DUR" & "FPS" so use "MLS" & "MIB" so that they match ^_^

3. Why are the large texts on the unit frames a different font? I see no reason why they can't be the same font as the smaller text. Also, you don't need the "%" symbol.
    4. I don't like the choice of bar texture, especially for raid frames.
    5. Not a huge fan of the portrait overlay, the unit frames are unique enough without adding unnecessary fluff. The portrait+texture+unit frame layout is making them seem cluttered. Stick with the interesting layout that you have and streamline the rest imo. If you strip things away and find them to be too "boring" try to find a more clever way of making the unit frames interesting rather than adding layers of textures.
    6. The buff icon layout is driving me insane, and its not just you, plenty of designers neglect their buff layout.

Example: http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/4944/notcasting.jpg

I
    nstead of leaving my buffs to display randomly, I gave them a specific order.
    (from right to left - obviously) Weapon buffs - auras - then buffs with a long remaining duration flowing to buffs with shorter remaining duration.

Lastly, the minimap seems rather large in scale but people can change that if they want I suppose.

<3
    Ish

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnst View Post
    I'd love to know as well

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    This is mainly to focus on solo play and to show what it looks like with loads of buttons or next to no buttons. They're enabled / disabled using the in-game "Action Bars" toggle option. rActionBarStyler<3
    I've now sorted out the pet frame and pet bar.

For all you button lovers out there.

snip

And then for those who wouldn't been seen dead with loads of buttons!

snip
    Hi,

I'm hoping it's not a private update cause it's awesome.

I made the one that you have now to use portraits but it's not as nice and not maintained like this project.

Will you be releasing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    @coldkil

Some things that are jumping out at me in the Ui:

1. I hate the tooltip. Its over-sized and gives you class information 4 different times. Its also the only Ui element using a 3 px border instead of a 1 px border.
    2. Your data texts at the bottom of the Ui are unevenly spaced.

Also...a personal preference of mine, for consistency, I would suggest using 3 letter abbreviations for all the data texts.
    You have "DUR" & "FPS" so use "MLS" & "MIB" so that they match ^_^

3. Why are the large texts on the unit frames a different font? I see no reason why they can't be the same font as the smaller text. Also, you don't need the "%" symbol.
    4. I don't like the choice of bar texture, especially for raid frames.
    5. Not a huge fan of the portrait overlay, the unit frames are unique enough without adding unnecessary fluff. The portrait+texture+unit frame layout is making them seem cluttered. Stick with the interesting layout that you have and streamline the rest imo. If you strip things away and find them to be too "boring" try to find a more clever way of making the unit frames interesting rather than adding layers of textures.
    6. The buff icon layout is driving me insane, and its not just you, plenty of designers neglect their buff layout.

Example: http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/4944/notcasting.jpg

I
    nstead of leaving my buffs to display randomly, I gave them a specific order.
    (from right to left - obviously) Weapon buffs - auras - then buffs with a long remaining duration flowing to buffs with shorter remaining duration.

Lastly, the minimap seems rather large in scale but people can change that if they want I suppose.

<3
    Ish
    I'll work around this. I need first of all a flat texture that isn't UGLY GREY. If i can get that, i'd use it for everything. As for fonts, the big one is different just because it looks better imho than visitor in big size. I can anyway revert every font to the other one (a little smaller anyway, maybe too small).

Tooltip in effect was made only to work, need to put my hands on it (basically i'm removing all the class color apart the hpbar and make the tooltip equal to the others).

I'd really like to know how to sort buffs/debuffs.

EDIT: asking anyone, just create a simple square tga, it just need to be a little darker than white.

EDIT2: tooltip size depends largely from player name and server. That + title is a very long string. On regular mobs is not so big.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2011-07-06 at 09:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwnst View Post
    That is actually Elv himself posting that picture :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EKAA25 View Post

ElvUI
    BigWigs
    MSBT
    Skada
    Does anyone know what font that is ?

Quote Originally Posted by Evaine View Post
    Does anyone know what font that is ?
    helvetica 67 medium condensed

Deleted
    £25 ! I'll pass

Cheers.

@Ish:
    worked some time yesterday, don't have a screen right now.

I followed your advices, especially for textures and tooltip thing. Now i have a flat texture for every frame, and it looks really neat now. Even with portrait on, it looks really polished. Fixed also toolitip (and other frames) that had a wrong background, and removed useless things from the text (like title and server name, now displayed as a *).

As for fonts: visitor is perfect for little text, but it's too big for the tag and goes out if the frame borders, looking bad. On the other side, the other font is really good for tags, but it's way too small to read with the little size. And it's impossible (afaik) to have a pixelfont that looks good both with 10px and 16px size. This is the better solution i've found, but i am always open for suggestions.

Still figuring how to sort buffs (what addon do you use?).

I fixed other minor bugs too, like fonts not changing accordingly to the config file. I'll be posting a screen as soon as i can.

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Planning on moving the middle DBM warning bars to the right of grid, makes it less bulky in the middle. Maybe gonna make grid smaller, but that would be just to have more screen space, wouldn't really be beneficial to raid healing or w/e.

Planning on moving the middle DBM warning bars to the right of grid, makes it less bulky in the middle. Maybe gonna make grid smaller, but that would be just to have more screen space, wouldn't really be beneficial to raid healing or w/e.

Heres mine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI4v-Gc9sAM
    S
    ry that its a pvp vid of mine only way i could get the ui right >.<

Recount is supposed to be in the bottom right corner. Critism welcome.
    Last edited by Alskonda; 2011-07-07 at 01:23 PM.