Thread: Post Your UI

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zooxs View Post
    I guess its online about now? Or does it allways take 5 days to updload stuff to wowinterface:P. Not to sound impatient or rude or anything, just want this ui real bad. Any chanse on an update? Or does someone have a link to where i can find this amazing ui?
    patience young padawan if you read this post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ight=Kaytemoss maybe there are still some issues that are being worked on so that the finished product performs just as awesome in the video?!

btw i can't find it on wowinterface....i've been looking

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    So after years I decided to bring back some good memories and look at some UI's. Damn it seems every good UI designer just quit or died.

The only thing I see are still the cluttered unpractical UI's that people used years ago.

Back to the LoL section I guess. =(
    Ish is still here :P /wave

Anyway,

@Forum Mods

Suggestion. I'm not sure how the Post your Ui threads got split into healing and non-healing threads, but I think it would serve the community better to merge those two threads and instead have a single thread for Tuk/Lui and then this normal thread for everything else. It really is getting quite redundant seeing the same interfaces over and over again in here. If people want to see the same two Ui's over and over again, at least they would have their own thread :\

Also, perhaps a stickied thread for User Interface discussion since discussion is frowned upon in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    1. I don't PvP
    2. I filter out any irrelevant buffs(all longer than 2 Min.) on me, and I only show MY debuffs and buffs I (on my mage) can spellsteal on my target. I also show all my other buffs on me(by me) in the top right there.
    3. Currently my guild only does 10-mans, so they don't cover up too much of the screen.
    How do you filter out those which can be spellstolen, a whitelist or some other means ?
    Wanting a way to implement a better buff filtering not just for that potential of spellstealing, but dispells in general, and particularly in pvp but based on your specific filter that would suit it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    Ish is still here :P /wave

Anyway,

@Forum Mods

Suggestion. I'm not sure how the Post your Ui threads got split into healing and non-healing threads, but I think it would serve the community better to merge those two threads and instead have a single thread for Tuk/Lui and then this normal thread for everything else. It really is getting quite redundant seeing the same interfaces over and over again in here. If people want to see the same two Ui's over and over again, at least they would have their own thread :\

Also, perhaps a stickied thread for User Interface discussion since discussion is frowned upon in this thread.
    There is an Ask It UI/Mods Edition thread meant for that purpose, but this due to the context is often deemed much easier, and less reliant on them watching another thread.
    Though perhaps appropriate, I am not entirely convinced by having to send someone a PM, especially if it could start a back and forth communication, and more so if it brings up something potentially of interest to to others.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2011-11-14 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    There is an Ask It UI/Mods Edition thread meant for that purpose, but this due to the context is often deemed much easier, and less reliant on them watching another thread.
    Though perhaps appropriate, I am not entirely convinced by having to send someone a PM, especially if it could start a back and forth communication, and more so if it brings up something potentially of interest to to others.
    I did indeed check the current stickies before posting my suggestion. I disagree that the "Ask It UI/Mods Edition thread" is the place to discuss Ui design practices like the one a few posts back regarding the importance of the minimap in the overall design of your Ui. The Ask It thread seems more of a "hey what's this unitframe addon called?" thread. <3

@Ish, I'm not sure on the what the exact reasoning of the splitting of the thread for healers and everyone else was. I guess because of the raid frame requirement being a main part of the UI, but nowadays UIs are being created to suit many specs, resolutions, and playstyles. The first page of that thread looks like it was supposed to be updated on a class by class basis but it just turned into a free-for-all much like this thread.

I think having a Custom UI thread and a Tuk\Lui thread is a good idea but then many UIs are compilations of something and where would the line be drawn on what's "custom".

Also regular constructive questions and comments and 99.99% of what's already here are fine but there were a few posts recently that people were clicking the Report Post button on and it was turning into a flame war where people were being attacked personally for their choices and felt offended enough to Report them so that needed to be cut out quickly.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    I asked about the sticky split some time ago myself, and apparently Healer and "other" UIs are considered to be different enough to have different stickies for.

As for discussion, it's fine in here - but please, just don't start getting ad hominem again. If it stays civil, I don't see any issue with it in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    *hauls soapbox back in*

Frankly, with the influx of 'same UIs all over', I feel discussing layout/design has become more interesting than showing off the same UI again.

A while back Coldkill posted a "nostalgia" picture, I went back through the archives and found one of mine from roughly the same time period (June 7, 2008).

There are a few things I quiet like about that setup, I might work them back into my tanking UI: it's long past due for an update.
    Last edited by a21fa7c67f26f6d49a20c2c51; 2011-11-14 at 06:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butger View Post
    Here's something different..

Too cluttered for me, but I like the style and thoughts behind it. Very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Girradda View Post
    Nothing too special

ooc

In combat
    Nice man, reppin 1366x768 resolution D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post

This is my druid's new UI. I'm using art from Wildheart UI, it is available on GiganticTexturePack. Power auras: Green leaves are SM and WG and the one in the middle is Harmony uptime. White "pergaments" are cooldowns; innervate, LB, tranq and NS. And there is also OoC proc, that is blizzard aura. In 25-man setup Vuhdo will rise and fill cap between art and castbar.

I'm not sure how to make buttons look better, since there is no "grid" for them. I tried all clean icon skins(thin, square and original), but none seems to fit.

Edit: found masque skin, picture updated.
    Try getting a chat addon to remove the buttons for the chat frame that are now partially covered by leaves. Additionally, you might want to give your buffs the same skin as the action bar buttons for consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Khonorum View Post
    Nice man, reppin 1366x768 resolution D
    Haha yep, best I can do playing on a laptop at the moment, not really optimal, but it gets the job done nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    I've tried making my own KG panels, but I can't figure it out at all. Do you know any good guides?
    There's a few simple panel creation videos on youtube and such. My panels all use borders and textures supplied by SharedMedia, Ishtara Media, dMedia, and Ferous Media. Having the proper textures and borders is imperative when trying to make panels - especially one's that use thin, "pixel-perfect" borders.

It's tedious to make things the way you want to, but I'm sure theres a simple tutorial video out there that will explain the basics of creating certain panels.

Quote Originally Posted by zakalwei View Post
    patience young padawan if you read this post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ight=Kaytemoss maybe there are still some issues that are being worked on so that the finished product performs just as awesome in the video?!

btw i can't find it on wowinterface....i've been looking
    To all my impatient mates out there:

Approval pending on WowInterface... Stay tuned =)

Kaytemoss UI, to be released soon (TM)

EDIT
    UI now available for download on WowInterface
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ytemossUI.html

Enjoy and please keep the constructive feedback coming
    Peace.
    Last edited by Kaytemoss; 2011-11-15 at 07:03 AM.

I posted my UI on this thread a few weeks ago which resulted in some nice feedback and quite a few people asking me to make it available for download.

Just wanted to let you know that by popular request, it is now available on WowInterface : http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ytemossUI.html

Peace.
    Last edited by Kaytemoss; 2011-11-15 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    How do you filter out those which can be spellstolen, a whitelist or some other means ?
    I use Raven

Kayte, I was wondering if you would ever upload your UI. I've been waiting to install this for weeks for my Holy Paladin alt haha. Thanks though, best healing UI (in my opinion) that I've come across hands down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper11b View Post
    Kayte, I was wondering if you would ever upload your UI. I've been waiting to install this for weeks for my Holy Paladin alt haha. Thanks though, best healing UI (in my opinion) that I've come across hands down.
    e: nvm this, misunderstood.
    Last edited by Rairu; 2011-11-15 at 05:50 AM.
    Rairu - Mage
    gnomemasterrace

Oops, didn't mean it as a question....more of a compliment. I already downloaded it lol, but thanks for the help though.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    I posted my UI on this thread a few weeks ago which resulted in some nice feedback and quite a few people asking me to make it available for download.

Just wanted to let you know that by popular request, it is now available on WowInterface : http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ytemossUI.html

Peace.
    OMG!! excitement thanks again for caving in and packaging....btw did you get that rag kill?