Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by scrable View Post
    Move your tooltip above your damage meter. Either hide the keybinds on your bars or change the font to match. Same for the error messages and objectives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fefina View Post
    The tooltip (someone already mentioned) is hidden. Also, I would hide the buttons on your minimap. I think that's sexymap? There is an option to hide them in the interface options.

And just something picky - your scrolling combat text is a bit spammy. You probably don't need all of that info. I've actually removed mine completely and replaced it with eavesdrop. Doubles as my pseudo combat log
    Thanks for the replies you two. I made the changes based on your feedback and I'll post it again in a few days when I make significant changes.

Mostly just SUF and WA's.

Quote Originally Posted by bounstar View Post
    Mostly just SUF and WA's.
    ...and ElvUI..!

Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post
    ...and ElvUI..!
    I like how clean the ElvUI tooltip is compared to something like TipTac. Haven't found any alternatives yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bounstar View Post
    I like how clean the ElvUI tooltip is compared to something like TipTac. Haven't found any alternatives yet.
    You can configure TipTac pretty easily to look pretty close to what the ElvUI tooltip looks like. FreebTip and rTooltip are both pretty clean tooltip addons if you are looking for better alternatives.

The title of this thread should be changed to "Post You ElvUI".

Tried to keep it simple and less active, has proven to be pretty comfortable so far.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Nothing wrong with a lot of people using ElvUI, not like you can't customize the hell out of it to a point that not everyone's UI is the same.
    Last edited by Kink; 2014-03-18 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    When something is made good, there's little reason to use anything else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    don't worry about it, that comment comment comes up every single page

@Kink can you tell me your damage font?, looking good overall

Quote Originally Posted by Otzsx View Post
    @Kink can you tell me your damage font?, looking good overall
    ElvUI Combat, and thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post

Tried to keep it simple and less active, has proven to be pretty comfortable so far.

Nothing wrong with a lot of people using ElvUI, not like you can't customize the hell out of it to a point that not everyone's UI is the same.
    Only thing I would change is castbar, id pop it under the unitframes. Just personal preference though

Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    You can configure TipTac pretty easily to look pretty close to what the ElvUI tooltip looks like. FreebTip and rTooltip are both pretty clean tooltip addons if you are looking for better alternatives.
    I'll look into this thanks.

You i look on this topic almost everyday and i don't think I've ever seen a naga mouse user setup their action bars like me maybe I'm just strange haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Kur View Post
    You i look on this topic almost everyday and i don't think I've ever seen a naga mouse user setup their action bars like me maybe I'm just strange haha.
    Could you post a screenshot?

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Good is subjective. Easy doesn't necessary mean good, or interesting. I have no problem with ElvUI but it isnt the answer to everyone problems and the perfect UI that its made out to be. Plus, just because elements can be moved around and textures changed, doesn't make it it a "custom" UI because in my opinion, they all look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    On the contrary, I can spot an ElvUI a mile away no matter how much it is customised and when I see an ElvUI, they all look the same.

Sounds like I'm on a mission to hate on ElvUI which I really don't, I respect it but I guess when I see someone who claims to have a custom or modded UI and it just turns out to be ElvUI, I cry a bit inside as I love to see a truly unique UI

On the contrary, I can spot an ElvUI a mile away no matter how much it is customised and when I see an ElvUI, they all look the same.
    Can I take this as a challenge? Are there rules? Is ElvUI the only addon I can use? Or just ElvUI as a base for unitframes and other things.

No, just ElvUI (anything else would be cheating)

The only rule I guess is to only use ElvUI and its included modules, and not to use other addons to make a non-ElvUI look like ElvUI, if that makes sense....
    Last edited by Snichy; 2014-03-19 at 12:28 PM.

With all these minimalistic (Elv)UIs dominating the thread, I present you the absolute mess I call "MyUI":

(Don't have a screenshot at hand, so video has to suffice)

Under the Siegecrafter image I have my chats (obviously).

I propably should remove the unnecessary buffs showing up in the unit frames, but they don't really bother me while playing, they just look dumb on videos afterwards.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2014-03-19 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkVanir View Post
    Hey I know your UI is elv but, what other add-ons are you using? I would love to try your UI out for myself.

No, just ElvUI (anything else would be cheating)

The only rule I guess is to only use ElvUI and its included modules, and not to use other addons to make a non-ElvUI look like ElvUI, if that makes sense....
    http://i3.minus.com/ibyoSkMwSLh7xe.jpg

What I've accomplished in about 20 minutes. Pretty much the only things I've completed are shown.

What I learned during this experience is that there are barely any font options by default. I can add custom fonts and do what I want but that's too much work.
    Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2014-03-19 at 02:04 PM.