Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    It is indeed! I can imagine it's a hassle to import though.. And it only includes the animations, focus, cast, and 4 squares above the unitframes.

http://pastebin.com/fwrDvQgZ
    Is it just more Weak Auras for the cds under the player / target unitframes?

Trying to "re-create" it for my druid, I miss minimal UI's :P
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2014-03-25 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maemae View Post
    i like this a lot. good job!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    Re: what Birg said about keybinds - I do exactly the same. You'd be amazed how many class abilities are totally analogous with abilities from other classes, or put another way, how few truly unique abilities there are. There is a partial separation of keybinds into the categories melee/ranged/healer, but that's about it.
    In a show of extreme laziness on my part, has anyone ever compiled (or has anyone found such a compilation) of all abilities across all classes/specs broken down in such a manner to show overlap/etc.? I've often wanted to align my keybinds in this manner, and to an extent I do, but then I roll and alt and find something that doesn't overlap right and it screws up all my other characters. If I had such a chart, I could maybe map it out ahead of time.

Yes yes, I need to buck up and make such a chart for myself I suppose, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Daagar View Post
    ...list abilities across all classes/specs broken down in such a manner to show overlap/etc.?
    We're having a good discussion on keybinding in this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...s-too-few-keys

But I do the same as Birg and Kait. These are the things I bind to the same key on every alt - maybe people could add to this list?

• self heal is always on C
    • #1 DPS cooldown is F1
    • #2 DPS cooldown is F2
    • oh %&%$ button is always Z
    • frequently used proc is X
    • primary rotation spells are on Q, E, R, 1, 2
    • interupt is on F
    • secondary interupt or target debuff is on G
    • main AoE is Shift E
    • Secondary AoE is Shift R
    • Long tem buff is U
    • Alternate long term buff is Ctrl U
    • Primary mount is on T

So whatever class I am playing I know to use Q, E, R, 1 and 2 for main fighting. I know C will always heal me (if possible). I know if I see a proc I hit X and it triggers that class' proc reaction spell. If it hits the fan I hit Z and it will bubble me or boost my defense or save me in some way. When I need to pour on DPS I hit F1 and F2 since these are always my dps cooldowns. And for AoE I hit Shift E to multi-shot or whatever the trash pulls.

Does anyone have anything else? Anything better?

This may even be off topic for the thread - if so I apologize but I'd love to hear what people thing.

- - - Updated - - -

...it only includes the animations, focus, cast, and 4 squares above the unitframes.

http://pastebin.com/fwrDvQgZ
    I love you Birg. Seriously.
    Last edited by Mashugana; 2014-03-26 at 03:16 PM.

I've been playing around with some of Birgs weak auras / hunter ui to see if I could make it work for my druid

This is what I've got so far.

Edit: Updated Pic.

Can someone show/explain how to put a nice 1px border on my UF in StUF, got this chunky border that I dont like atm
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2014-03-26 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Changed picture

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Can someone show/explain how to put a nice 1px border on my UF in StUF, got this chunky border that I dont like atm
    wowinterface.com/forums/showpost.php?p=237916&postcount=3

Quote Originally Posted by Dresni View Post
    wowinterface.com/forums/showpost.php?p=237916&postcount=3
    Thanks, will give that a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Krevaan View Post
    Awsome stuff Birg. Not sure if you said you would be willing to share or not
    I have no problem sharing the stuff I make, tho I won't release anything so you'll have to take it as is and configure to your liking.

Here you go
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...SpriestUI.html
    Is it just more Weak Auras for the cds under the player / target unitframes?
    Nah, that's done with Raven, along with the buffs and debuffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daagar View Post
    Yes yes, I need to buck up and make such a chart for myself I suppose, but...
    Well I just make it up as I level and gain new abilities. You don't have to find a perfect match for every ability. Like Moshugana said it helps to just have general abilities share the same keybindings, so that the main rotation stays on the same buttons across all characters, same for cooldowns, aoe, etc.
    This is what I've got so far.

That looks great! Really surprised how similar you got it, good job!

As for the 1px border I usually only put a 2px larger black frame as a background below the actual unitframe so that it sticks out 1px on each side.

Also, sorry for any late replies. I've only got access to my computer ever so often and posting on the phone is a nightmare.
    Last edited by Birgwow; 2014-03-27 at 01:13 PM.

That looks great! Really surprised how similar you got it, good job!

As for the 1px border I usually only put a 2px larger black frame as a background below the actual unitframe so that it sticks out 1px on each side.

Also, sorry for any late replies. I've only got access to my computer ever so often and posting on the phone is a nightmare.

Thanks, I figured out the cds were a raven frame and sorted that.
    Just got the little things to do.

Not sure what to do with the raid frames though.

I've got mine very basic underneath the minimap

Thanks, will give that a look.
    You can also set it to have no border, a background that is opaque, and place all (borderless) bars and things 1 pixel inside the background.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a really nice look. I might do something like that for my DPS characters.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Here is the UI I am using on my hunter. Its not pixel perfect but it took a lot of tweaking and Im finally happy with it - something a bit different whilst still providing all the information I need.

Its mainly Weak Auras with a bit of TMW and SUF. Any questions let me know
    Last edited by Snichy; 2014-03-27 at 09:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post
    Here is the UI I am using on my hunter. Its not pixel perfect but it took a lot of tweaking and Im finally happy with it - something a bit different whilst still providing all the information I need.

I quite like your unit frames/focus/cast bar display. One question I had is which Masque skin are you using for those round icons for Glaive Toss and Kill Shot, assuming that is what you're using?

One bit of feedback I'd give is that I don't think button glows work too well when the aura/button isn't "anchored" to some sort of background. Just floating in space, it looks like a 1-button action bar in a random place, almost.

Other than that, though, it's a very strong UI, one that looks different from most.

Really nice work! I like the ToH / L&L display a lot.
    What's that small bar hanging right from your target frame?

I would switch the position of your Kill Shot & GT icons. That way, you won't have that GT icon hanging above nothingness when you don't have a target
    MW Monk - Bilgamesh
    Resto shaman - Hexxtra - UI on Wowinterface
    Holy paladin - Kaytemoss - UI on Wowinterface

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    I quite like your unit frames/focus/cast bar display. One question I had is which Masque skin are you using for those round icons for Glaive Toss and Kill Shot, assuming that is what you're using?

One bit of feedback I'd give is that I don't think button glows work too well when the aura/button isn't "anchored" to some sort of background. Just floating in space, it looks like a 1-button action bar in a random place, almost.

Other than that, though, it's a very strong UI, one that looks different from most.
    The GT and KS prompts are through TMW, using Adorn: Light Round masque border. I happen to agree somewhat about the button glow especially on a single round button like that but it really helps in the heat of battle to have a flashy bright button to let me know when to cast it, even if it does look a bit out of place

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    Really nice work! I like the ToH / L&L display a lot.
    What's that small bar hanging right from your target frame?

I would switch the position of your Kill Shot & GT icons. That way, you won't have that GT icon hanging above nothingness when you don't have a target
    The small bars are my Black Arrow and Serpent Sting target debuff timer. Its a bit redundant as I have a weak aura to alert me to those DOTs expiring but I like it anyway. I cant really find a good place for them at the moment though, they used to be inside the target box (just above the health %) but I ran out of space!

Thanks for all the positive feedback, will certainly take the suggestions on board

Seems like I need a rectangle minimap then :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The GT and KS prompts are through TMW, using Adorn: Light Round masque border.
    Thanks! /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if you noticed but the last column of your raid frames do not have a black border on the right side. Sometimes I don't notice things like that till I see a screenshot of my own UIs heh.

Awesome! Personally I'd go for thinner borders, but I really like the layout and design. Keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by cheriees View Post
    I don't know if you noticed but the last column of your raid frames do not have a black border on the right side. Sometimes I don't notice things like that till I see a screenshot of my own UIs heh.
    Oh I noticed alright, just as I was about to upload it. Felt too lazy to fix it..