Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    I remembered to take a raid screenshot while things were visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post

Looks great The only inconsistency I notice is the shadow offset on the target name text. The color scheme is lovely (personally I would make the bottom most ability timer bar more maroon than rust colored, but that's just me nitpicking lol)

<3
    Ish

Maybe put a frame around your chat to make it more readable and match the other frames.

no don't do that!

Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    no don't do that!
    Remove the shadow and set THINOUTLINE acceptable?

yeah okay, if it more-or-less mirrored the edging on the unit frames etc.

also, recently had it pointed it out to me that there's no difference between "THINOUTLINE" and "OUTLINE" - blizzard will just internally sub the former for the latter. zork's been leading me down the wrong rabbit-hole for years.
    Last edited by modernist; 2014-09-02 at 10:01 PM.

If that's true then why does THINOUTLINE look thin, OUTLINE looks thicker, and THICKOUTLINE or whatever makes the letters look 4 times larger.

Deleted
    Here's some simple code that shows that outline and thinoutline (they're not actually case-sensitive) produce the same thing:

Code:
    local f = CreateFrame("Frame",nil,UIParent)
    f:SetFrameStrata("TOOLTIP")
    f:SetSize(400,400)
    local t = f:CreateTexture(nil,"LOW")
    t:SetTexture(1,1,1,1)
    t:SetAllPoints(f)
    f.texture = t
    f:SetPoint("CENTER",0,0)
    local fs = f:CreateFontString()
    fs:SetFont("Fonts\\FRIZQT__.TTF", 80, "OUTLINE")
    fs:SetText("Hello, world!")
    fs:SetPoint("CENTER", f, "CENTER", 0, 50)
    local fs2 = f:CreateFontString()
    fs2:SetFont("Fonts\\FRIZQT__.TTF", 80, "THINOUTLINE")
    fs2:SetText("Hello, world!")
    fs2:SetPoint("CENTER", f, "CENTER", 0, -50)
    f:Show()

If you play around with it a bit, it turns out that what actually happens is that you get monochrome text if "monochrome" appears anywhere in the argument to SetFont(), a thick outline if "thickoutline" appears anywhere, and a regular outline if "thickoutline" doesn't appear anywhere but "outline" either by itself or prefixed with anything else does - so, for example, "THICKOUTLINEMONOCHROME" produces the same thing as "qwertyOuTlInEkuaheomonochromeTHICKoutlinezzzzzzz".

(zork may very well be using "THINOUTLINE" just to make it clear to the reader of his code that the outlines are meant to be thin and not thick, for note.)
    Last edited by mmocf531e475c8; 2014-09-03 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninthelora View Post
    Ok here it is, my UI for solo/pvping. The one fore PVE/Raiding is not finished.

Any relation to this by any chance from a few years back?

I would love to know how to manipulate the unit frames to change the shape of the bar from rectangle to....well, pretty much anything else.

... :s ...
    Last edited by GrumpySanta; 2014-09-16 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post
    Any relation to this by any chance from a few years back?

I would love to know how to manipulate the unit frames to change the shape of the bar from rectangle to....well, pretty much anything else.
    The screenshot is from someone who downloaded a UI compilation I released back in 2009 (with the cooldown line added and a shadow/gloss texture panel removed from the minimap). I created my own textures and used alpha channels to make them appear whatever shape I wanted.

Deleted
    Notably, the effect of the unit frames being rounded around the minimap could be achieved with just standard rectangular textures and the minimap being on a higher frame strata level.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The UI was made by another user (magicaldandruff) awhile back.
    That's similar, but the one Snichy is talking about is indeed originally by Everlu. See also here, and note "from a few years back".

Quote Originally Posted by Everlu View Post
    The screenshot is from someone who downloaded a UI compilation I released back in 2009 (with the cooldown line added and a shadow/gloss texture panel removed from the minimap). I created my own textures and used alpha channels to make them appear whatever shape I wanted.
    I know its a long shot, but I dont suppose you still have those textures laying around your hard drive do you? I'm only just starting to learn about custom textures and importing custom TGA files into the game and my knowledge of Gimp and Photoshop is very basic and the ability to download those would be a major short cut for me

Notably, the effect of the unit frames being rounded around the minimap could be achieved with just standard rectangular textures and the minimap being on a higher frame strata level.
    Its not so much the "inside" rounded corner as the "outside" (furtherest away from the minimap) corner being rounded that I would have a problem with. I daresay I could try to replicate it but as I said whilst I am learning as I go along, my knowledge of such things is very much at the beginners stage

10+ Year Old Account
    Another way to make non-standard shaped unit frames is to create the look you'd like in Weak Auras, using whatever mix of textures and models you like, and then putting something like Stuf (with no actual elements like health bar or mana bar) over it. The Stuf frame will be invisible with no elements, so all you see is the Weak Auras stuff, but the invisible Stuf frame gives you all the normal click and right-click functionality unit frames should have (coding that stuff into Weak Auras qualifies under "trying to do too much in Weak Auras," IMO).
    Last edited by shanthi; 2014-09-03 at 03:25 PM.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

So, it's a UI created by two users, since the WeakAuras and class crests were clearly from Magicaldandruffs downloads. Both should of been mentioned, IMO.
    Not quite sure why there is an issue here. Clearly the original UI by Everlu and Cerranos was from 2009/2010, whereas Magicaldandruffs was from 2013 so unless his real name is Biff Tannen, its really not applicable. The class crests are standard Blizzard pictures so it really is just a coincidence
    Last edited by Snichy; 2014-09-03 at 04:39 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar!

Deleted
    So, it's a UI created by two users, since the WeakAuras and class crests were clearly from Magicaldandruffs downloads. Both should of been mentioned, IMO.
    Just to avoid confusion, you're talking about the one Ninthelora posted, while I'm talking about the one Snichy linked to in response, which doesn't have any class crests and is more relevant to Snichy's question. I would agree that the one you're talking about appears to be inspired by magicaldandruff and not Everlu (directly, anyway; maybe Everlu set a trend, for all I know).

But I don't think we're really disagreeing about anything, so yeah, done derailing.

Seeing as i aint posted in a while and iv had a UI gazem lately and wanted to make a new UI before wod.. im starting now and going slow :P

This is the part done with weakauras (Currently)

So basicly what this is, it shows my main cooldowns and there duration and when there ready. So.. on the far left its currently Nature's Vigil. And that only shows when that talent is selected or its Heart of the wild. the green bar below it is showing its duration as a buff on it. When grayed out its on CD with a timer. when its fully coloured its off CD and ready to use. they pulse in and out to catch my eye. The icon in the middle is tracking my starsurge procs (Mostly SS cooldown) so when it comes back it means there is a proc. im probs going to animate abit more around or near it to help kme notice it more. to do right now is my eclipse bar (even tho its changing in wod...) and some dot / trinket timers. trying to murge it all into one small package you could pretty much import and use as a main UI segemnt in middle of screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyefire View Post
    I like your priest UI. What do you use for your target frame (and how do you track your health)? And out of curiosity, what do the bars track? I'm guessing it's Mana, Rapture etc but can't quite work out what else they are...
    Frames are oUF, i dont track HP on my player frame at all. only on raid/Party.

Bars are various things i like to track. i remember the colors and can easy see what's up..

Showing in SS are arch,SS and meta proc.

@Lyn

It's a really old texture. think i edited myself from one of neals old textures.

I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    Seeing as i aint posted in a while and iv had a UI gazem lately and wanted to make a new UI before wod.. im starting now and going slow :P

So basicly what this is, it shows my main cooldowns and there duration and when there ready. So.. on the far left its currently Nature's Vigil. And that only shows when that talent is selected or its Heart of the wild. the green bar below it is showing its duration as a buff on it. When grayed out its on CD with a timer. when its fully coloured its off CD and ready to use. they pulse in and out to catch my eye. The icon in the middle is tracking my starsurge procs (Mostly SS cooldown) so when it comes back it means there is a proc. im probs going to animate abit more around or near it to help kme notice it more. to do right now is my eclipse bar (even tho its changing in wod...) and some dot / trinket timers. trying to murge it all into one small package you could pretty much import and use as a main UI segemnt in middle of screen.
    Hey, I was wondering if I could get in touch with you about Weakauras and UI setups. I absolutely love the approach you took: clean and simple while still displaying all necessary information in an efficient manner. BattleTag: Thizzin#1378

- - - Updated - - -

That's gorgeous... Can't wait for the pve one

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post

SWOOSCH :O Do you mind sharing them?