Thread: Post Your UI

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of Combat

What my UI Looks like In Combat minus my Tell Me Whens and DBM Timer.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    While that's not specifically my taste, it's still pretty incredible how well done it is, and I love all the little touches, like the text on the minimap and the "Henchmen" thing for configurations. Really impressive piece of work.
    I appreciate that very much, thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    Very very cool!
    I'm going to be honest Kait.... I freaking LOVE your recent concepts! Big fan!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen some people with a pretty border around their DBM bars, how is this possible ?

- I made the banner, so feel free to copy and share!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qubis View Post
    I've seen some people with a pretty border around their DBM bars, how is this possible ?
    I use Quse Boss Styles (works with DBM or BigWigs) and then edited the LUA file to put a border around it. It might (should) be possible to simply edit DBM directly to add a border, but I couldn't find where. Besides, the upside of using a standalone mod like Quse and editing that is that you don't need to reapply edits every time DBM is updated.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    It's also possible to attach textures for border or background with Kgpanels onto the DBM Bars. This solution might be easier for people who are not familiar with LUA.

7+ Year Old Account
    I use Quse Boss Styles (works with DBM or BigWigs) and then edited the LUA file to put a border around it. It might (should) be possible to simply edit DBM directly to add a border, but I couldn't find where. Besides, the upside of using a standalone mod like Quse and editing that is that you don't need to reapply edits every time DBM is updated.
    Where do you put the DBM skin? Just putting in in the addon folder doesnt work for me..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixe View Post
    Where do you put the DBM skin? Just putting in in the addon folder doesnt work for me..
    To be clear, you have the !dbm folder in your Addons directory? I believe that's all it should take.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

7+ Year Old Account
    To be clear, you have the !dbm folder in your Addons directory? I believe that's all it should take.
    Yeah even tried with a clean install without any other addons on. Still doesnt work :[

Quote Originally Posted by Mixe View Post
    Yeah even tried with a clean install without any other addons on. Still doesnt work :[
    You have to go into the DBM config after enabling the !dbm addon, and select 'bar style' to be 'QuseUI' or something like that. It doesn't work right off the bat.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressil View Post
    You have to go into the DBM config after enabling the !dbm addon, and select 'bar style' to be 'QuseUI' or something like that. It doesn't work right off the bat.
    It doesnt show in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Everlu View Post
    jSewell, that looks like an adaptation of my 2009 UI that WoWInterface user Bloodthorn made. I remember him sending me a message asking if it was okay to use my textures, and I'm pretty certain that was the layout he came up with.
    Thanks for the info -- only thing I see on wowinterface is a user with 2 forum posts from 2007 and no addons

This is my UI that I have been working on for some time. I think too many UIs these days are built to look modern and contemporary, which isn't really in keeping with the game or the genre, so my UI is based around a fantasy theme with a few modern twists, and keeping it as close to "fantasy" as possible.

Heavy use of Weak Auras, Shadowed Unit Frames and KGPanels plus some others. Its not completely finished but virtually done and will be the UI I use in WoD. Any questions let me know.

So it's really not my style at the moment, but I just like it. The idea behind it is very very cool.
    Which font do you use?

Hey Snichy,

How'd you get the middle section (Player & Target Frame) to look so awesome. I'm wanting to rebuild my U.I. and I think that looks amazing. Any chance you could work on a Monk (Brewmaster specifically) or give me the files and information so I could try?

It looks epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post

This is my UI that I have been working on for some time. I think too many UIs these days are built to look modern and contemporary, which isn't really in keeping with the game or the genre, so my UI is based around a fantasy theme with a few modern twists, and keeping it as close to "fantasy" as possible.

Heavy use of Weak Auras, Shadowed Unit Frames and KGPanels plus some others. Its not completely finished but virtually done and will be the UI I use in WoD. Any questions let me know.
    My favorite part is really the cast bar. I'm assuming thats made completely out of Weak Auras?

snitchy: impressed that you've more-or-less successfully integrated square and round elements together. Not an easy thing to do.

Thanks for all the good feedback guys. I will release it at some point but theres a few little elements im tinkering with first to get it just right, e.g. positioning and symmetry etc and some things dont quite align properly. There no reason why it cant be amended slightly for other classes

Quote Originally Posted by Kokeless View Post
    My favorite part is really the cast bar. I'm assuming thats made completely out of Weak Auras?
    The effects are all WeakAuras2, whilst the artwork is imported using KGPanels (obtained from the Blizzard WoD website with some help from Photoshop!)

Deleted
    i.imgur.com/JiX1dR0.jpg

elvui + weakaura + dbm + recount + tellmewhen. kinda simple and i like it

Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post
    *snip*

I like it a lot. The artwork is really nice, fits well with the genre as you said, and nice effects. Good work!

My only comment would be that the unit frames etc are insanely high up on the screen. It would totally rule out having the camera any closer than it is in your video. This feels like a non-HUD design pushed into a HUD layout.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    I like it a lot. The artwork is really nice, fits well with the genre as you said, and nice effects. Good work!

My only comment would be that the unit frames etc are insanely high up on the screen. It would totally rule out having the camera any closer than it is in your video. This feels like a non-HUD design pushed into a HUD layout.
    Thanks for the positive comments.

I can see what you mean, but its the way I play as I like to have everything as close to the centre as possible so I don't miss any procs, dropped debuffs, low health etc and my eyes dont have to stray too far from the action. Its a fine line getting a HUD-type display with all the information available without it feeling too convoluted but for me personally I feel like I have achieved it (to my tastes anyway!) and as we all know, UIs are very personal to the individual.

I have tried playing with important UI elements on the edge of the screen and whilst aesthetically it may look better, logistically I feel more comfortable having all the information front and centre even if sometimes it may looks cramped as it improves my performance as well as ticking the "unique and un-common" box.