Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Xintic View Post

My rendition of skullflowers ui, minor tweaks here and there, but happy with it overall
    If that's Skada, you can use this trick just for visual continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    Can't sleep, so i hooked up one of 2 popup menus that come up when you click the button below them.
    This one will be for changing the Grid setup (via profile switches).

Glowy stuff behind it is WA.
    What addon do you use to make the popup menu?

Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
    I like the ui, but too many different fonts imo. And i don't like these little pixel fonts:P but hey.. thats me.
    Ye I actually kind of agree with you. The sad thing is that because of piss poor font rendering in WoW, there really aren't many good options.

If you want a interesting headline font, a legible body font and a very small font, because of the poor rendering that means using 3 fonts. If you want to use two or even one font you have to lose one or two of those things (the interest, the legibility, or the smallness)

I've no problem with 3 fonts in one design, it's really doesn't break any design rule I know of, but it definitely has the effect of making things look less unified. I'm trying as hard as I can to counteract that by making everything else in the UI pull it back together.

Quote Originally Posted by dntmn View Post
    What addon do you use to make the popup menu?
    kgPanels

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    Ye I actually kind of agree with you. The sad thing is that because of piss poor font rendering in WoW, there really aren't many good options.

If you want a interesting headline font, a legible body font and a very small font, because of the poor rendering that means using 3 fonts. If you want to use two or even one font you have to lose one or two of those things (the interest, the legibility, or the smallness)

I've no problem with 3 fonts in one design, it's really doesn't break any design rule I know of, but it definitely has the effect of making things look less unified. I'm trying as hard as I can to counteract that by making everything else in the UI pull it back together.

kgPanels
    I for one appreciate the hard work you are putting in and to be honest I don't think using 3 fonts is a gamebreaker if it makes the UI more "usable" - i.e fonts actually being readable.

What minimap is that!? It's absolutely gorgeous!

NEED.

(I'm not allowed to post links )
    thanks bud, things have changed a bit again though:

it's a custom written minimap.

the aura stacks are something I'm mucking about with at the minute:

Last edited by modernist; 2014-11-08 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    thanks bud, things have changed a bit again though:

it's a custom written minimap.

the aura stacks are something I'm mucking about with at the minute:
    Looking good, I like the approach you're taking with your UI.

Any way you can share that minimap of yours? It is hands down the best looking I have ever seen! QuseMap and dRecMap ain't got nuthin' on yours!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    *uber snip*

gaaah, i so wanna try this out!
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what I ended up with, but it's already boring me. I think I'll go more "back to basics" before WoD launches.

Click for a larger image.

. The Artist also known as Epiphany .

Running mainly ElvUI with some other addons mixed in.

I guess it´s a pretty standard Tank UI

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2014-11-11 at 05:17 PM.

Got some more icons done. Still working on the "Ultimate" cooldown/charge timer and the portrait/icon next to the health bar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiFails View Post
    This is what I ended up with, but it's already boring me. I think I'll go more "back to basics" before WoD launches.

Nice look. What nameplates are those?
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished the latest iteration of my UI compilation and felt proud enough to share.
    Idling: http://puu.sh/cIVDh/00d6efd6bf.jpg
    5man: http://puu.sh/cIV6U/fa3ad59783.jpg

I'm using artwork from RothUI, some of it slightly altered. The orbs are rBBS, also created by Zork. I didn't like the overall feel of any of those though, so I took pieces and built my own.
    All art is LitePanels, other addons used include Stuf, Dominos, Grid, Chinchilla, PhanxBuffs, Prat, Skada, SAW, cdb, ShieldsUp, and xCT. Plus some more "under the hood."

Vital information is centered and I try to keep it free of garbage. The RothUI look adds a lot of flavor but doesn't take away any functionality. There is no overlap at all and visibility is still good. I'm very content with this setup, but I believe nothing is perfect so I'm happy to listen to any suggestions to improve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    Nice look. What nameplates are those?
    Just the ones that come with ElvUI with the Enhanced Nameplate Aura addon. You could probably recreate them with Kui Nameplates.

. The Artist also known as Epiphany .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    Got some more icons done. Still working on the "Ultimate" cooldown/charge timer and the portrait/icon next to the health bar.
    <snip>
    Really cool concept, got some in combat/raid screens?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just the ones that come with ElvUI with the Enhanced Nameplate Aura addon. You could probably recreate them with Kui Nameplates.
    Yeah, I was afraid it was ElvUI, heh. I do use Kui, but I can't get that nice bright white target glow. Kui Nameplates uses a different type of indicator glow. Thanks, though!
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

How do you track class buffs / debuffs? Also could you please post your ElvUI profile, I also use skullflower's UI but I like how you've set it up more.

Edit: Was meant to be a reply to Xintik, messed up my quote
    Last edited by Senftw; 2014-11-09 at 04:31 AM.

That looks awesome. GJ!

Looking good, I like the approach you're taking with your UI.

Any way you can share that minimap of yours? It is hands down the best looking I have ever seen! QuseMap and dRecMap ain't got nuthin' on yours!
    i probably will once i iron out a few minor bugs. As you can see here occasionally the blips will 'escape' the boundaries in battlegrounds and dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    Really liking it. Now that is out of the box, and almost like a console UI. For some reason i still need to see my buttons though ha. Looking great!

Small updates, now with animated crest!