Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Jassinta View Post
    Love the party frames, I'm assuming the raid frames just extend to the right of where the party frames are? What addon is it?
    Thanks, and yes, party frames and raid frames are exactly the same; scales to the right up to 8 groups of 5 (40 man).

I am using Pitbull 4 for all unit frames, including party/raid.

New things.

Still not sure about the Astral Power bar and cast bar colors.

I'm not happy about the icons for DoTs and whatnot, but I'm also not sure of how to track then in a way that both looks better, but that I'm also comfortable with for raids.

I need to find something for the objectives tracker (do Sorha still work?) as well.

Positioning of things might change in order to pull them away from the edges of the screen as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post

New things.

Still not sure about the Astral Power bar and cast bar colors.

I'm not happy about the icons for DoTs and whatnot, but I'm also not sure of how to track then in a way that both looks better, but that I'm also comfortable with for raids.

I need to find something for the objectives tracker (do Sorha still work?) as well.

Positioning of things might change in order to pull them away from the edges of the screen as well.
    Looks pretty good.

I used Move Anything and changed game default font to deal with the quest tracker.

& you should definitely clear your gutters (edge of screen space)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beroin View Post
    That bar at the bottom, with seconds and minutes on it, sometimes see people use but I dont know what it does. what is that called and what is it for?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno View Post
    That bar at the bottom, with seconds and minutes on it, sometimes see people use but I dont know what it does. what is that called and what is it for?
    The one with these 2 icons on it? Cooldown bar... shows when abilities come off cooldown.
    oh, honey.

Basically it is a cooldown tracker.
    Raven has one, as does SPTimers.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hova10 View Post
    Wow. Absolutely love what you managed to do with Elvui. Can't wait for you to upload this cause i'm using this for sure once you're done with it!!!
    I had a lot of trouble trying to create the install file, but here is the download link.

The readme file should be able to walk you through the basics since there is no in game installer.
    Last edited by schwalby; 2016-08-23 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzsx View Post
    So here is what I am working with (just took everything I liked from here and merged it into one.

I have kept everything in ElvUI just cos I am lazy and its easy to update.
    My question is how the help can I get rid of that Raid Control Button because it ruins the WHOLE ui lol.
    what texture are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by klaxce View Post
    Updated mine some more, still working through it.

Realized that party frames and BW bar weren't aligned, even though raid frames were, otherwise pretty happy.

Hardest part now is cutting out all of the bullshit that BigWigs wants to shove in my face...
    Hey I really like you're UI! If I may ask you what minimap you're using and what addon for the graph paper.
    I've been having a UI crisis lately and yours has given me some nice inspiration!

Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
    I did like the black borders.. so i put my fingers at work and this is what i've come up with so far! Testing a new layout for the oUf's aswell Ignore the keybinding text.. it's on hide, but it was on show in the ss

yes! please!
    will you publish that oUF layout? loving the setup and colors and everything..

Quote Originally Posted by schwalby View Post
    I had a lot of trouble trying to create the install file, but here is the download link.

The readme file should be able to walk you through the basics since there is no in game installer.
    Woot, thx alot mate!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
    I did like the black borders.. so i put my fingers at work and this is what i've come up with so far! Testing a new layout for the oUf's aswell Ignore the keybinding text.. it's on hide, but it was on show in the ss

really nice

great ui, no skada/recount?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynox View Post
    great ui, no skada/recount?
    Not sure who's UI you are referring to, but Skada with Skada Chat Frame Integrator is a great way to easily hide/show a damage meter without macros/keybinds/typing.

Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    really nice
    Thank you, it's not hard to see who i got inspired from :P

Quote Originally Posted by chumii View Post
    yes! please!
    will you publish that oUF layout? loving the setup and colors and everything..
    Thank you, but as this isn't my oUF core only "edited" i won't share this, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by hastetheDAVE View Post
    Hey I really like you're UI! If I may ask you what minimap you're using and what addon for the graph paper.
    I've been having a UI crisis lately and yours has given me some nice inspiration!
    Thanks! I aim to inspire. Good luck and post yours once it's done.

SexyMap, stripped way down with basic square shape and border. Clock. Icons on mouseover (tracking/lfg only). Dungeon Difficulty always.

eAlign for graph paper so I can line everything up pixel perfect.

The popular one used to be ForteXorcist. Last I heard its being updated by someone other than the creator. Though I would have to do some research on that. But I'm sure there are replacements for it now.

Quote Originally Posted by xhisors View Post
    The popular one used to be ForteXorcist. Last I heard its being updated by someone other than the creator. Though I would have to do some research on that. But I'm sure there are replacements for it now.
    It was being maintained by Alea, who also wrote a spiritual sucessor of it as SPTimers.
    Last I saw the fx updates were posted on their blog, which is now inaccessible.
    However SPTimers can be found on curse.
    It is in effect the same addon, only still updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Vengeance demon hunter UI:

I was a little less efficient during combat in this video than I normally am (like letting Pain reach 100 a time or two, not hitting the second charge of Demon Spikes immediately a time or two) because I was a bit unfocused, looking around my UI for anything I should use to show how it looks. I used Consume Magic, Sigil of Silence and Sigil of Misery just to show those things going on cooldown.

Also, when I first get to the dummy, I vacillated between using Sigil of Silence to open combat, to show that bar cooling down, or just open as I normally would, with Infernal Strike. Thus the big and then small targeting reticles.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to create a new UI for all 3 playstyles (tank, dps, heal) for the release of legion. Have to see, how it works out in raids. At the moment i like the clean look while not in combat. Love to see the beauty of the world with no buttons, playerframes ...

ooc:

combat:

combat + BossFrames + Cast Bar:

UI: Shadowed Unit Frames, TidyPlates, Bartender+ActionBarProfiles, Quartz, WeakAura, Exorsus Raid Tools, DBM, GTFO, DeathNote, TitanPanel, Bagnon (additional: Altoholic, AMR, AtlasLoot, CanIMogIt, Details! + Skada, GatherMater2, HandyNotes, TSM+LAR, Prat, SavedInstances, TipTac, TomTom)

The big moonkin WA is only present when i'm in combat and not in moonkin form. On my fury warrior this would be the enrage symbol (if enrage is missing, otherwise there is a bar which shows me the rest of my enrage time)
    The special boss bar in picture 3 was moved more left to not overlap the unit frame.

I splitted my bars in 3 parts (which are only visible in combat).
    Healing/own def CDs over my playerframe -> looking on my playerframe gives me the info if i lost health and also if i do have some cooldowns/healing ready which i can use.
    Below my char are 2x6 buttons for longer (dmg)CDs and abilities i want to track but which are not used all the time.
    On the right side of my char in a good visible spot there are 2x4 buttons for my always used abilities (which do have a cooldown or need a specific amount of resources).

All other abilities that have no cooldown or don't need to be tracked (Moonfire/Sunfire, Devastate, Charge, Furious Slash ...) are on the far right in some "hidden" bars (10% alpha and 100% on mouseover) along with my professions, "special" mounts like Yak, Sandstone Drake, Water Strider ...

Right next to my "always used abilities" is my focus frame (mainly interessting for me while tanking).
    Boss Frames on the right as you can see. (By now, i couldn't manage to show my debuffs building up from left to right. Tried every setting in suf, but it was always just building up to the right or down. I think this is bugged for me in test cases and i have to use every setting once in a real bossfight to see which one is working like i want it.)

Big DBM timers on my left to have them in focus, some small "positive" WAs (not shown here) will be left and right to my char (procs, empowerements ...).
    All "negative" WAs (debuffs in bossfights) are planed on the top of the screen (centered and to the left over the DBM Timers).

My Raidframes are for healing purposes below my player/target frames in the middle of the screen. On healing chars, my main spells will also move from the right of my char to the centered button rows between the frames to have the healing spells with CDs in focus. ActionBarProfiles helps me there by switching the keybindings to other buttons (just have to click a macro once which includes my set for the spec and the barsetup for the spec).
    With this position i'm prepared for 20-40ppl groups as they can expand easily to the right without overlapping other frames.
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev.B|ASRock Z97 Extreme4|i7-4790K|HR-02 Macho|G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB|Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64|250GB+64GB+1TB SSD|4TB HDD|Seasonic Ultra Prime Gold 1000W|Corsair Scimitar Pro+Razer Sphex|Logitech G910+|LG 34UC88-B|2x iiyama Prolite XUB2792QSU-B1|Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro+AntLion ModMic 4|Thrustmaster T500RS+TH8A