Page 1 of 2
LastLast

3.1 Boomkin Glyphs?

I am going to duel spec Resto/Balance. Just curious as to what are the best Glyphs to use for Balance in 3.1?(Major and Minor)

Re: 3.1 Boomkin Glyphs?

If you're not planning on being Moonkin in groups, the Glyph of Insect Swarm is pretty good. When you're soloing (doing dailies etc. That's what I'm having my second spec as Balance for) you don't really notice it not affecting chance to hit any more. However if you're raiding or group, unless you know there's another druid there who will have it, the damage mitigation on the tank is pretty sweet.

Glyph of Entangling Roots is also pretty good, again mostly for questing but also PvP.

Starfall is okay, especially going back and forth between it and Wrath due to Eclipse procs and taking wrath means you could probably drop a point from Nature's Focus, but overall Moonkin glyphs aren't that exceptional, especially for raiding.

For PvE dps youre going to want Insect Swarm, Starfire and Moonfire Major glyphs.

If you're actually raiding on progression content, Innervate > Insect Swarm.

Farm content or anything else, Insect Swarm or some other glyph. Current implementation every Boomkin PvE should have MF/SF combo.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Beachbum
    If you're actually raiding on progression content, Innervate > Insect Swarm.
    THAT is a false imformation. Insect Swarm is one of the best glyphs for a Boomkin, I don't know where you get your information, but in 3.1 there is a Idol for it, and there is a Improved Talent for it, and the 4/T8 Insect swarm is the best thing to have, research more Beachbum.
    Naocho: 100 Worgen Druid - Eldre'Thalas
    Naocho's Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Cateaka
    Insect Swarm is one of the best glyphs for a Boomkin
    I totally agree, along with starfire and moonfire for the other 2 PvE glyphs at 80. until they glyph eclipse or something, they aren't gonna change.

I prefer glyph of focus to insect swarm, and I glyph typhoon so it's usable in pve.

THAT is a false imformation. Insect Swarm is one of the best glyphs for a Boomkin, I don't know where you get your information, but in 3.1 there is a Idol for it, and there is a Improved Talent for it, and the 4/T8 Insect swarm is the best thing to have, research more Beachbum.
    I agree with you 100% with using IS as the third major glyph for DPS, however I think you need to do some more research as well. The Idol of the Crying Wind (for Insect Swarm) is nowhere near as beneficial for DPS as the Idol of the Shooting Star from badges/instructor. If you cast more than one Starfire during an entire duration of Insect Swarm, which every moonkin does, then you get more benefit from Shooting Star.

As for 4/5 T8, no moonkin should be using this over cloth BiS from Hard-mode kills in Ulduar unless the internal CD on the proc is lowered. Currently the spell the 4piece procs, Elune's Wrath, has a 3 Minute internal cooldown on it, in total saving you roughly 1.4 seconds of casting every 3 minutes. At a 5% procrate it should take an average of 40 seconds to proc as well. In total it is about a ~0.64% DPS increase, and for a moonkin doing 5000 DPS on average this will yield a total of 34 additional DPS, making the bonus not worth using at all since the itemization of the T8 set is horrorsome.

In Ulduar for DPS youre going to want to use IS, MF and SF glyphs. You're going to want to use the Starfire Idol from Valor Badges/Instructor. You're going to want to either keep your T7 4 piece or Ideally wear 2/5 T8 for the eclipse bonus (which is about equal with 4pc t7 in terms of DPS) and wear better itemized off-pieces from Hard-mode kills, which will most likely be cloth.

Just my 2 cents.

Losing the debuff to hit on the boss on progression content?

Your raid contribution is more than personal DPS. It's not a matter of research in this instance, it's common sense and maximizing your raid contribution. That's why I made the qualification on farm content, if you know you're going to win anyway of course max personal DPS = Insect Swarm.

Innervate, maybe not with the spirit changes, we'll have to see, but I know you haven't done enough raiding under 3.1 to make that blanket statement yet.

Somebody said in another thread (I asked about it there, too) that the glyph of moonfire doesn't stack with the talent. This rings false with me, but can someone verify one way or the other?

Also, the loss of hit on IS is the main reason I don't glyph it... seems counter-productive.

omg 3mn hidden cooldown on the 4 pieces t8... seems like a very bad joke..

Seeing how terribadly itemized it is it would really need a good bonus to be worth wearing.

Even with no hidden cd it would still be a pain to equip 4 pieces of it..
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

Concerning Imp. MF and MF glyph it's stacking, but :

the glyph modifier is applied last, after the multiples talents (imp FF not being the most efficient), the spell power and then it's just no longer a +20% dmg.. don't ask me why I'm still confused about that but it seems that the initial dmg get most of the +dmg in Imp. MF.. and that initial dmg is reduced by 90% by the glyph.

*French guy inside*

Quote Originally Posted by nemex

As for 4/5 T8, no moonkin should be using this over cloth BiS from Hard-mode kills in Ulduar unless the internal CD on the proc is lowered. Currently the spell the 4piece procs, Elune's Wrath, has a 3 Minute internal cooldown on it, in total saving you roughly 1.4 seconds of casting every 3 minutes. At a 5% procrate it should take an average of 40 seconds to proc as well. In total it is about a ~0.64% DPS increase, and for a moonkin doing 5000 DPS on average this will yield a total of 34 additional DPS, making the bonus not worth using at all since the itemization of the T8 set is horrorsome.

where did you find this information? i would really like to read about it..

and thanks for your 2 cents :P

Deleted

It's in the wowhead spell description. Not sure if it has been tested on live yet to verify this, but even a 45s or 1 min iCD would be quite a letdown. At least the 2 piece bonus is quite good.

I'm not really sure where the internal cool down for the 4 piece tier 8 bonus can be found i just spent about 25 mins looking at every site i could find to see some actual data on this and everything seems to be speculation seeing as though no one has tested the set bonus live. If someone would be kind enough to actually link this info that would be great.
    Never forget that Justice is what love looks like in public.

15+ Year Old Account

i use IS, MF and SF carried over from 3.0x. the 3% hit isn't really an issue imo as tanks can't be crushed anymore. if a better combo becomes apparent, i'll switch to it but so far i haven't read anything.

IS, MF and StarFall for me.

Moonfire+ StarFall are quite obvious and our Tanks have given me the green light on IS glyph a long time a go. Gear on our tanks is at the point, where the IS debuff is not an issue.

Moonfire+ StarFire used to be hard as nail combo, but StarFall seems to be the one to go atm. NG procs, dmg and ability to roll efectively 3 DoTs on target while moving seems to out weight the +3 ticks on MF that we would get with the old set up.

Khad
    Ipit, Finnish speaking 25 raiding guild on Lightbringer-EU is recruiting. Check our website for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Khad
    IS, MF and StarFall for me.

Moonfire+ StarFall are quite obvious and our Tanks have given me the green light on IS glyph a long time a go. Gear on our tanks is at the point, where the IS debuff is not an issue.

Moonfire+ StarFire used to be hard as nail combo, but StarFall seems to be the one to go atm. NG procs, dmg and ability to roll efectively 3 DoTs on target while moving seems to out weight the +3 ticks on MF that we would get with the old set up.
    I'm not sure Moonfire Glyph is still worth it if you don't get Glyph of Starfire.

If you want IS + Starfall Glyphs you may as well take http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44928
    *French guy inside*

Good point Gae, i actyally tried Glyph of Focus for few weeks on Nax 25 clears. I found it pushed me closer to target and, thou its prolly something one could learn to live with, i felt it complicated my playing without any real benefit. Must point out that i havent tried it with the new StarFire CD yet. And i think that i wont in a while unfortunately. Since the bosses in Ulduar are new to me, i like to keep max distance to them to give me more time to react on events and such. But as i sayed, a very good point.

My avarage tick for MF with the glyph is around 1200, thoou for some od reason (prolly the new buffs and such) last Ulduar run gave me avarage tick on 1400.

Am in a spot where i really need to study weather MF is a "use if you have time and nothing to do" or "must have" spell for me. If i end up desiding its the former, the glyph prolly goes aswell.

Khad

additional info: tested to target dummy, MF does about 5200 dmg with earth and moon up... so ques ill keep it in the rotation.
    Ipit, Finnish speaking 25 raiding guild on Lightbringer-EU is recruiting. Check our website for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Pity
    I'm not really sure where the internal cool down for the 4 piece tier 8 bonus can be found i just spent about 25 mins looking at every site i could find to see some actual data on this and everything seems to be speculation seeing as though no one has tested the set bonus live. If someone would be kind enough to actually link this info that would be great.
    as far as I know, the only info on the 4t8 bonus is the wowhead page about Elune's Wrath. However, at this point, everything is pure speculation as there is no hard evidence to back any of this up. Also, however, the maths that is being done based on the info from wowhead is accurate.

Thus, if it is a 3min internal CD with a 5% proc rate, then this is absolute worst joke piece of shit 4 piece bonus in existence and it's an extremely sad that Blizzard not only put this in but also hasn't commented on it at all since they introduced t8.

edit: on glyphs, Insect Swarm for my money is one of the best glyphs. Incredibly better than innervate. I'm typically doing, after I get 10 stacks on my dragon trinket, about 1300 per tick. That's pretty damn good.