Thread: Idea for ret

Idea for ret

Hey, Im not sure how ret is exactly fairing as I have stopped playing for around 1 month but I intend to return to the game after im done with my exams. Ive heard mixed reviews really but I think from seeing the changes in the patch notes ret will be a little better than it was before the patch but i do think it needs a little more..
    Looking at the holy tree and the purifying poewr talent more specifically I see it is attractive not only for ret but also prot paladins seeing that it reduces mana cost of consecration and lowers cd of exorcism by 33% (which would mean it has a 10 sec cd?)

For ret now there is basically a need only for 61 points and you cant really get any dps increase with the remaining 10 points which means from 70-80 a ret will have exactly same things only thing affecting their dps being gear choice pretty much.

What I am proposing is a switch with purifying power with unyeilding faith that way rets (and prot paladins) can get a 10 second exorcism instead of 15 seconds at the cost of 7 talent points along with a 10% decrease in consecration (which would also be good for mana issues which some people are afraid of but i guess we dont know yet if there will be mana probs but it doesnt hurt does it?)
    It doesnt seem too OP at all for a change and atleast pve oriented ret paladins will have something to go for to increase their dps.

PS: before people moan that this isnt the place to post this wow forums are that way etc... as i said my account isnt being played atm due to exams and i made my bro change my pass so i dont mess around playing stupidly, so bear with me and gief thoughts. Also sorry if this has been suggested before

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Idea for ret

it has been said by other players before.

switching unyielding faith for pury power isnt fair also. unyielding isnt that good to be placed that high in the holy tree.