[Ele]Spell damage that makes Lightning Bolt spam more effective then Lava Burst?

Howdy,

I was reading that with high enough spell damage, lightning bolt spam does more damage then having FS and Lava Burst rotation. If this is true, what is the sweet spot for + spell damage for this to happen?

I'm thinking if switching out the Lava Burst Glyph for the Wrath totem glyph, which seems to be accepted as the best option, more people might be better of using Lightning bolt spam. But I'm not sure how the numbers work and would appreciate any links or assistance on determining this sweet spot.

Re: [Ele]Spell damage that makes Lightning Bolt spam more effective then Lava Burst?

I haven't looked this up but I doubt it is true, and if it is its at such a high number that we will never need to worry about it.

Re: [Ele]Spell damage that makes Lightning Bolt spam more effective then Lava Bu

I read some where that it was around 8000 spell power to make lb do more dmg than lava burst... I don't know where i saw that though..
    i want my lb spam back lol =P

She hasn't come to crush your bones, nor tear your flesh.
    She has come to steal your sanity with just one glance.

Re: [Ele]Spell damage that makes Lightning Bolt spam more effective then Lava Burst?

Haha if they made LB spam the best rotation, I would reroll, no doubt. I suffered through mashing 1 button all through TBC, because I was needed as an Ele Sham to my guild, and in hopes for a brighter tomorrow.

I will consider getting to use a shock and another spell as that brighter tomorrow. Even if it was proven you could get marginally better dps via a certain spell power and LB spam, I wouldn't do it.

Re: [Ele]Spell damage that makes Lightning Bolt spam more effective then Lava Bu

Quote Originally Posted by Dudits
    I read some where that it was around 8000 spell power to make lb do more dmg than lava burst...
    Oh, bonkers... I thought it was around 3k and figured might be reachable in Uldar. Crap, never mind.

8k spell power.......hmmm
    that'd be nice

pretty sure i saw some calculation somewhere saynig 3100sp or just over

but really cant remember so dont take my word on it :P

*edit* which would be attainable with ulduar gears going back to the 1 buttin spamming :
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

You need 8000 spell power, about 100% crit, and over 2k haste if my memory serves me right.