Thread: Prot mana regen

Prot mana regen

so even though i've only done the new Vault boss cus Ulduar keeps crashing, I've noticed that with 1 point in SA and the refreshing Divine Plea i have absolutely NO mana issues whatsoever. makes me wonder if i should just get rid of the 1 point in SA to see how well just DP refresh works for regen.

did anyone try without getting any points in SA?

Re: Prot mana regen

Although not entirely the same, but on the PTR at nearly the end of the changes, I was soloing UK and therefore had no heals. Full rotation, no mana issues.

Really though, no point in NOT taking it lol.

where would you put the point?
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

divine guardian? lol i dunno

Stood in the Fire DaveTheHunter's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I suspected from my time on the ptr that SA wouldn't be needed, but i took it anyway to be safe. I could definitely go all out dps when switching to the second trash target, taking no damage and getting no heals, and be at full mana. I would spam everything I could too, including Consecration and Exorcism.

Stood in the Fire DaveTheHunter's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

That's just the thing though. I don't think it's even possible for JoW, DP, and BoS not to cover all mana useage. I TRIED to lower my mana bar while i was doing dps on the secondary trash target and I couldn't.

I currently have 1 point in SA, and while tanking the adds in 25-man ulduar for razorscale I found myself having mana issues from time to time. I'm not sure if my mana regen wasn't working properly, but I had DP active and was finding myself needing a little more. Of course during this fight I'm spamming AS and Concencrate every time it was on CD. Since we have multiple tanks sometimes the mobs weren't attacking me and I wasn't taking damage.

Having no SA I don't think is completely plausible to keep up a full tanking rotation. Especially on the longer boss fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar
    divine guardian? lol i dunno
    I actually have 2 points in it, Prot is my 2nd spec though - wondering if that was just a waste or not. In the end its mitigation, but get a holy pally and its wasted points, which kinda annoys me.

Anyway, having all forms of mana regen are still good - I'm just not sure how much you need so you can cast anything you'd want without any worries. Divine Plea alone definitively isn't enough, but Sanctuary might just add the necessary.

I think the 1 point in SA is good when Sanctuary gives you back less.

You could go for crusade with it (otherwise unreachable assuming all surv talents); I've grabbed 2/2 for now just to be safe though, it's not like threat's an issue, just means more HoSalvs when the nearby scribes learn to make the glyph.

with 28/43/0 SA accounted for about 18% of my mana regen in ulduar (Flame Lev & Razorscale.)

It was nice to have imo, didn't have to plea as much (barely at all.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wintry
    with 28/43/0 SA accounted for about 18% of my mana regen in ulduar (Flame Lev & Razorscale.)

It was nice to have imo, didn't have to plea as much (barely at all.)
    wait.... were you healing or tanking... cus why would you plea while healing, and why would you spec like that for tanking.