Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Razorscale - HELP!

Hey everyone, we are kinda stuck on Razorscale.

What we do is tank the packs, kill the casters + big whirlwind guy asap.
    Get the boss down the moment the fourth harpoon is ready, nuke him for about 20%
    repeat.

however usually during the third time he lands, he goes beserk.
    We figure it's a 6 minute enrage timer, but we can't figure out when to get in more DPS when he's in the air.

which is what we need to do I think.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Razorscale - HELP!

You should bring him below 50% before the third landing.
    More dps plz
    German player, sorry for bad grammar.

I don't know if you're doing 10 or 25 or what your gear is like, but try busting heroism/bloodlust right away and switch to the boss when he lands ASAP. Our group got him to 50% during his second landing phase without any trouble, and from there it was pretty easy. Just save cooldowns for boss landing etc, and nuke him. This was in 10 man with 25 man Naxx gear, so take that into account as well.

for our kill we had 3 tanks taking packs ofc. When the sentinel came,(whirlwind guy) all casters nuke that and then went bk to the side their designated to.

When 4th harpoon is about to be shot all dps charge to middle and nuke asap with heroism.

We got it to like 71%. Then next landing to 50%. Tank charges in and tanks and then if 1 tank dies switch blah blah, cr.. until dead.
    Level 85 Warlock
    Gne - Twilight's Hammer
    Nocturnál

You can't dps him in the air phase. You just need to DPS him for 25% each ground phase. Use bloodlust in one of the phases if needed.

Thanks for the advice guys, guess it really is a low dps thing.

Time to figure out how to boost our DPS by 5% of the boss his health!

Quote Originally Posted by Gne
    for our kill we had 3 tanks taking packs ofc. When the sentinel came,(whirlwind guy) all casters nuke that and then went bk to the side their designated to.

When 4th harpoon is about to be shot all dps charge to middle and nuke asap with heroism.

We got it to like 71%. Then next landing to 50%. Tank charges in and tanks and then if 1 tank dies switch blah blah, cr.. until dead.
    <Haste> is going blind with little to no previous strat knowledge, so this may or may not be absolutely correct, however; when you are tanking him on the ground after 50 percent, have the tanks perform a taunt rotation and drop debuffs, sort of like bloodboil or brutallus. tank 1 taunts, gets a couple debuffs, tank 2 taunts, gets a couple, tank 3 taunts, gets a couple - hes probably dead by then, but if hes not, tank 1 taunts.

We killed him fast enough that we got the achievement.

Just concerning the achievement. As of right now, it's not possible to do it without the achievement, so it's pretty normal.

Well, we got him too 11%

awesome
    We'll get him for sure this time!

switched out some healers for DPS.

well, my usual naxx25 group decided to do ulduar toay, i dont consider us good or bad, just average, our usual naxx25g run was around 2-3 hours, and we were pretty bored with content.

so, back to ulduar, we needed 4 tries for FL due to people not really understanding how to launch players on him and none of us except the RL and me having read any guide.

ok. so, then we went to razorsclae and got freakin pwned! the adds rip us apart with their chainlightning, we got razorscale down about 2mill on our best attempt in the first flying phase (we should have been at around 3mil) and thn died to the adds/fire/FFB from razorscale.

help would be appreciated, cause i really doubt that we can actually down this boss..

elcher

Make sure melee interrupt all chain lightnings (or close to), spread out healers on both sides and make sure everyone has a few yards range between them. Run out of the blue fire before it actually spawns (you can see the blue thing flying on you), keep everyone topped up after the fireballs. Don't really know what other advice to give.

Quote Originally Posted by elcher
    well, my usual naxx25 group decided to do ulduar toay, i dont consider us good or bad, just average, our usual naxx25g run was around 2-3 hours, and we were pretty bored with content.

so, back to ulduar, we needed 4 tries for FL due to people not really understanding how to launch players on him and none of us except the RL and me having read any guide.

ok. so, then we went to razorsclae and got freakin pwned! the adds rip us apart with their chainlightning, we got razorscale down about 2mill on our best attempt in the first flying phase (we should have been at around 3mil) and thn died to the adds/fire/FFB from razorscale.

help would be appreciated, cause i really doubt that we can actually down this boss..

elcher
    First, have your sides split up. We did it with 3 tanks, one left, one right, and one middle. Ranged dps kils the Sentinel adds (which WW), everyone kills watchers. Watchers FIRST, always. AoE is tempting and as gear levels increase, will probably be the way to go, but for now I recommend single targeting Watchers, then AoE. Don't stand in the blue-purple fire.

When you get him past 50 percent, he lands, and you will need a rudimentary tanking rotation to keep your tanks alive.

ok, great, thanks for the help guys, ill report more as we try and down him on friday (yes we are casual) :P

elcher

Oke question do you need to stack up in a ground on the sides to make it easyer for the healers or do you spread out (yaya i know about the blue fire)

as our guild got big problems on 10 and 25 man on 10 man we got him at the ground but at 25 man people keep diing as flies...

any suggestions or idea's ?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account

When he lands the first time drop all DPS on adds (leave them to the tanks) and go all out on the boss. Heroism and blow all cooldowns. You must do enough dps in order to bring him to 50% at his second landing.

to Alineara: Your DPSers must spread out around the spawnpoints of the dwarves. Each dps group must have its own tank. Kill order should be: Caster, WW war, medium dwarf.
    If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people - Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Alineara
    Oke question do you need to stack up in a ground on the sides to make it easyer for the healers or do you spread out (yaya i know about the blue fire)

as our guild got big problems on 10 and 25 man on 10 man we got him at the ground but at 25 man people keep diing as flies...

any suggestions or idea's ?
    we found it easier to spread out, but stay in range to your healers.
    the tanks have to spin razorscales head away from the raid and the raid has to watch the fires.

PS: raidframes with a range indicator aren't just for healers!

yea that was a big problem people just running out of range of healers and die ... cant do anything about it ..
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Someone said due to casual QQ the 6 mins enrage timer was upped to 10 minutes today in a hotfix - is this true?

it is indeed 10 min now^^
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA - 23/03/2014 View Post
    Seriously. Someone bookmark this. If we go all the way from 6.0 to 7.0 and there is never a paid Garrison feature on the blizzard store, I will go to the store, purchase a hat and film myself eating it.

yes Mr. elitist, 10mins now
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    sugoi monogatari, onii-chan!~