Thread: WTB Pvp Addon

WTB Pvp Addon

Hey, I am an elemental shaman who is dedicated in both pve and pvp. Can you tell me what addon can i use to track if my totems are destroyed or when my grounding totem is ready.

It would be very useful in arena as I notice that my tremor totem is destroyed by the damn warlock's pet only when I'm running away in fear!!

Thanks in advance

Re: WTB Pvp Addon

If you don't use any UI's that remove this stuff, the Default UI displays your totems below your character, if you see an icon vanish you can tell taht it's gone. As for the grounding totem, I can only recomand you watch the CD, it's never been ap roblem for me, but I am not exactly a "pro" (not being rude, just saying I'm not one of those people with a super high Arena rating) so I don't know if those split seconeds it takes to look can do something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

yeah but while all the tense fight is happening, i can't notice that the icon of the totem is vanished exactly in time, if there was addon that could give me a warning that the totem is destroyed, it will be cool

You could use Power Auras to show a big thing when you have the Grounding Totem buff, and a cooldown flash addon to show the cooldown, I'm pretty sure the big shaman addons can probably do similar (totem timers, shaman friend etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by ForceMaster
    yeah but while all the tense fight is happening, i can't notice that the icon of the totem is vanished exactly in time, if there was addon that could give me a warning that the totem is destroyed, it will be cool
    Makes sense. I couldn't really tell you to be honest. Most of the time if I'm watching these things I have floating text on, but since Tremor doesn't really provide a buff tiself It wouldn't alert you that it's buff went away =\

Good luck on finding this, would come in handy for those higher class PVPers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

I'm pretty sure http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...an-friend.aspx can do that. It announces when one of your totems are destroyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    I voted Waffles, because Waffles are awesome.

Freshly baked up in the morning with some fresh old fashioned butter and maple syrup, can't go wrong with that. Just think about it for a moment, imagine the waffles in your mouth, syrup dripping down your throat, and then downing it with a glass of O.J.

It is because of this that I believe Blizzard should rework Azeroth for Waffles.

hmm ive been using shamanfriend but since 3.1 patch it has some bugs and only shows the purge effects correctly. And in the website it still seems not updated.

And as far as i can remember shamanfriend doesnt show if your totem is destroyed; it also doesn't say in the add-on's own notes that it does

I use Totem Caddy and Shaman Friend i forget which 1 does it, but it flash's on ur screen that ur totems have been destroyed. although it doesnt say "Earthing Bind Totem Destroyed" it says your "earth totem has been destroyed"

I use a combination of power auras and totem timers. Power auras is mainly to see when I am covered by grounding totem, and totem timers to see the time left/cooldown on grounding.

I've actually set up my Mik's Scrolling Combat Text with custom triggers to make a sound and display text when my tremor/cleansing/grounding totem's are killed.

The only thing about it is if its an enemies totem that's killed it also will trigger. I'm sure there's a way to make it distinguish, but I've not looked into it.

TotemCaddy worked very well!! Thanks