New Ret Paladin Mechanic

The Paladin has always been the warrior with a mana bar. They have always lacked any major utility compared, but given we have a shitload of survivability.

I had an idea for a new mechanic for Ret Paladins.

Not replacing mana, this is just an added bar...much like the DK runic power system.
    Power Infusion Bar [|||||||||||||||||||||]

Everytime we use Crusader strike, Divinestorm, consecration or Judgements (Our base cycle). We gain some power into our power infusion bar.

Divinestorm, Crusader Strike and Judgement will give us say 10 power infusion, and Consecration gave 5 power each time it ticked as it is only really used in PvE.

The decay rate will be very fast on the bar ofcourse, so we can be cced to lose the power gained.

After the power reaches certain intervals I figure we get some spells that would help us out, like and note these are only example....first thing that came to mind. Not too many so it would be game breaking, but giving us access to stuff

30 Power Infusion 1 minute cooldown
    Activates Holy Charge Ability
    Basically just an in combat charge.

50 Power Infusion 2 minute cooldown
    Activates Crusader Infusion
    Your next crusader strike will interrupt casting and silence the target for 4 seconds.

100 Power Infusion
    Activates Hammer of Wrath
    Your next hammer of wrath's mana cost is reduced by 100%, and only applies the global cooldown. (Mainly for PvE paladins, can basically use two Hammer of Wrath every within the normal cooldown, raising DPS.

Also a new idea I had for the Hammer of Wrath glyph, is if it doesn't crit that it dazes the target for 3 seconds.

Anyways it's just an idea, try and keep it constructive. Don't give me the Pally is fine shit, because Blizzard even admits they are lost and have no clue what they plan on doing. So run with it.

Re: New Ret Paladin Mechanic

100 Power Infusion
    Summons a GM to fight by your side. First GMs ability is /kill (infinite range,has no CD, cant miss or be resited, pierce through walls)

btw...i guess the New Ret Paladin Mechanic is landing in 4.0?

Quote Originally Posted by jneboon
    100 Power Infusion
    Summons a GM to fight by your side. First GMs ability is /kill (infinite range,has no CD, cant miss or be resited, pierce through walls)

WoW2 more likely

Quote Originally Posted by jneboon
    If we're lucky

15+ Year Old Account

And how would this work out for Holy Paladins?

Quote Originally Posted by Cadras
    And how would this work out for Holy Paladins?

I've been thinking of way to implement this aswell...this is all I have come up with.
    This bar is passive, speccing points into ret grants a different bar. This bar uses the same prospects except the infusion bar is shown on the target you are healing. Works like combo points, but it is called "Holy Power". As your bar charges up to 100% on a target your power becomes focused, but when you change targets your holy power is reset. When you power focuses you are granted different abilities.

I figure Prot Paladin could use the same type of system.

This type of system implementation would bring us out of being the kindergarten class for sure.

My idea is flawed but it has potential.

seriously dude, are you on crack? chi and holy paladins just don't fit together. adn the ret stuff is really useless for pve

Consecration causing your power to Regen alot faster is useless in PvE?

Is it really

Quote Originally Posted by Divinestorm
    Consecration causing your power to Regen alot faster is useless in PvE?

Is it really
    yes because you can't do usefull things with this "power"

I R REt PALADIN I WANST TO BE DK.

Your a Mana using DPS melee class... only enhancment use the same basic mechanics as yours do.. you also have the judgement system.. now you basicly want a runicpower/rune hybrid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming_rain
    I R REt PALADIN I WANST TO BE DK.

Your a Mana using DPS melee class... only enhancment use the same basic mechanics as yours do.. you also have the judgement system.. now you basicly want a runicpower/rune hybrid?
    no, only HE does and nobody else

stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Nighty
    no, only HE does and nobody else

Fully directed to him of course
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Just no.

Nice idea, not going to happen
    Maybe in WoW2, not in current WoW

Its an interesting idea, though very unlikely. Either way Blizz has stated once or twice that they want to get rid of healing plate items eventually in favor of holy using dps oriented plate to heal with. To be honest, I don't see how many people can knock this idea down considering both ret and prot already use a blue rage bar. Mana is out of date for paladins at this point anyway. :P
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Quote Originally Posted by Horn
    Its an interesting idea, though very unlikely. Either way Blizz has stated once or twice that they want to get rid of healing plate items eventually in favor of holy using dps oriented plate to heal with.
    This is such a horrible idea and I can't see how this could possibly work, especially considering the itemization problems feral tanks had or still have.

Just give Holys a skill called "Holy Armor" (or something along the line) which gives x% bonus armor on Mail items and convert all SP plate items into mail. This solves two problems at once:

SP mail armor only designed for Shamans (both Elemental and Restoration) and SP plate for Paladins. An item designed for 3 specs is certainly less missplaced than an item designed for 1 or 2 specs.