Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: The Ashbringer... Think they could bring it back?

Quote Originally Posted by Gadirm
    People seems to be forgetting that the only legendary weapon that have become unavailable is Atiesh (Due to naxx moving to Northrend) and therefor the only thing that would be fair is for a caster legendary.
    As a caster i would love to have a legendary even though the stats would be crap, its the lore around the weapon i would be after.

No more melee stuff, bring back the possibilities for a caster legendary, i dont even care if it is as boring in details as Atiesh were
    What about the new Ulduar mace? And I could see Ashbringer coming back. I bet anything that for Icecrown when it comes to face Arthas/LK that Tirion helps in the instance somewhere,gets caught and killed/corrupted and somewhere the Ashbringer drops or like the Kael weapons is usable against the LK in the fight and only then. But I doubt we will see people running around with Frostmorne's and Ashbringer's on a mass level.

Actually, when you kill arthas he will drop frostmourne, but due to some fantastic lore event (It breaks down/the souls are released/the lich king had actually become such a strong entity that the blade itself had become bound to it.. take you pick) it will have lost all it's power.
    It will be a gray quality weapon with no soulbinding whatsoever, and it will always drop. It's dps will actually be decent, since a greatly shaped sword is still greatly shaped even without containing magic(or whatever), and the only special thing about it will be a comment:
    "Only a single rune appears to still be vaguely visible on the swords blade, it reads: pwnd. -blizz"

Some people don't seem to understand that Frostmourne has lost it's power in a sense.

When Arthas dawned the Lich King's armor their souls fused and Frostmourne became just a tool and no longer is imbued with the Lich King's power...

So Unlike the Ashbringer, getting Frostmourne wouldn't give you creepy whispers or anything, it'd just be a stronger-than-average weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

I just... can't see Blizzard putting Ashbringer or Frostmourne as usable weapons.

They might be nifty but.. it's just something that should never be done. ever.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlebums
    There is alot of confusion in the legendary lists going on in here.....

Hand of Ragnaros- Paladin, Shaman (shaman were gods with this thing back then), Warrior, Druid

Thunderfury- Paladin, Warrior, Rogue, Hunter (It was stated by blizz that any class that can carry a sword can equip this though)

Atiesh- Mage, Druid, Warlock, Priest

Ashbringer- Paladin, Warrior

Warglaives- Rogue, Warrior

Thoridal- Hunter, Rogue

Valanyr- priest, paladin, shaman, druid

sorry, but afaik, you made some small mistakes

Thunderfury- (It was stated by blizz that any class that can carry a sword can equip this though)... ever seen a mage with it?

Ashbringer- Paladin, Warrior <-- not in the game yet
    Corrupted Ashbringer - no class specification
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Corrupted_Ashbringer

Thoridal- Hunter, Rogue <---- no class specification as well...
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Thori%27dal,_the_Stars%27_Fury

and about Val'anyr as the first Healer item, i remember the Priest/Druid Atiesh as a pretty nice Healer staff, or am I wrong (not sure about this, actually)

1) i have seen mages with it but that was BC. not important.
    2) Thoridal should be hunter only imo. anyone else that gets it should die in a fire unless EVERY hunter in their guild has it.
    Ashbringer will most likely be warrior pally only if it is introduced...lucky fellers.
    http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/hats.png

Quote Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS
    the ashbringer and the frostmourne wont be usable weapon so stop dreaming about it..
    Bliz already said they dont want it just like private Ownusohard shown us at Blizzcon... and well 187 dps sword who want that amd 150 intell? o_ô
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...hand&n=Unholyz

I have an Ashbringer.
    Chalupacabra, Hand of A'dal 85 Tauren Paladin
    Chupatroopa, Destroyer's End 85 Orc Hunter
    Ambassador Cactuars 85 Undead Priest
    Elder Emberclaw 85 Tauren Druid
    Habana the Kingslayer 85 Goblin Mage
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by mehdie
    Hunter weaps !
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Twohats
    1) i have seen mages with it but that was BC. not important.
    screenshot or it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Twohats
    2) Thoridal should be hunter only imo. anyone else that gets it should die in a fire unless EVERY hunter in their guild has it.
    of course, it should be hunter only, 'cause TF's not really a hunter weap. but it isn't.
    (maybe simply because when SWP was up, i know only of guilds that had no / 1 hunter in their raid because of low DPS and uselessness.... just these guilds I know killed KJ)

oh, and about the topic.... It looks very much like they will bring back Ashbringer, even if not as a legendary for players to wear (at least outside Icecrown citadel or something)... blizz stated several times now that they like the Idea of bringing Ashbringer back to the table.

What are you guys talking about ? .. Lich King does drop FrostMourne .. i just killed him and he dropped but i didn't pick it up cause i couldn't vendor it or destroy it ( i made the mistake with the last one :-/)

Quote Originally Posted by Noru

and about Val'anyr as the first Healer item, i remember the Priest/Druid Atiesh as a pretty nice Healer staff, or am I wrong (not sure about this, actually)
    Yes it was but this is the first healing legendary for Pallys and Shamans.

Sadly, if Ashbringer and/or Frostmourne will become available in this xpac, you will get better green/blue sword while leveling 80->90. I m not totally sure about it, but this is just my prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by variousart
    Sadly, if Ashbringer and/or Frostmourne will become available in this xpac, you will get better green/blue sword while leveling 80->90. I m not totally sure about it, but this is just my prediction.
    Wrong, If Frostmourne / Ashbringer are lootable they will be a new type of quality (Artifact) and you may only end up replacing it with lvl 90 epics.

They have already fucked over all the lore regarding legendary weapons.

Atiesh - MEDIVHS FUCKING STAFF, THE MOST POWERFUL MAGE OF ALL TIME... HE USED SOMETHING WORSE THAN A LEVEL 70/80 EPIC... WHAT!?

Warglavies of Azzinoth - ILLIDAN, TEN THOUSAND YEAR OLD BADASS WHO HUNGERS FOR MORE AND MORE POWER USED WEAPONS WORSE THAN LEVEL 80 EPICS. WHAT!?

Hand of Ragnaros - Fire elemental lord, possibly an old god... weapon worse than level 60 (naxx) gear... sure......

Gorehowl - Grom Hellscream's weapon, possibly the most powerful orc of all time... one shot a very powerful Pitload that thrall could not even dent.... NOT EVEN LEGENDARY WHAT? WORSE THAN A LEVEL 70... WHAT?

Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury - A legendary bow used in the War of the Ancients by some forgotten Night Elf Hero... owned by KJ YOU THINK ONE OF THE MOST POWERFUL BEINGS IN WOW LORE WOULD RUN AROUND WITH A BOW THATS WEAKER THAN LEVEL 80 EPICS? REALLY?

Take legendaries out of the game or make them scale, this is just embarassing.

PS. Caps lock is cruise control for cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Eteo
    They have already fucked over all the lore regarding legendary weapons.

Atiesh - MEDIVHS FUCKING STAFF, THE MOST POWERFUL MAGE OF ALL TIME... HE USED SOMETHING WORSE THAN A LEVEL 70/80 EPIC... WHAT!?

Warglavies of Azzinoth - ILLIDAN, TEN THOUSAND YEAR OLD BADASS WHO HUNGERS FOR MORE AND MORE POWER USED WEAPONS WORSE THAN LEVEL 80 EPICS. WHAT!?

Hand of Ragnaros - Fire elemental lord, possibly an old god... weapon worse than level 60 (naxx) gear... sure......

Gorehowl - Grom Hellscream's weapon, possibly the most powerful orc of all time... one shot a very powerful Pitload that thrall could not even dent.... NOT EVEN LEGENDARY WHAT? WORSE THAN A LEVEL 70... WHAT?

Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury - A legendary bow used in the War of the Ancients by some forgotten Night Elf Hero... owned by KJ YOU THINK ONE OF THE MOST POWERFUL BEINGS IN WOW LORE WOULD RUN AROUND WITH A BOW THATS WEAKER THAN LEVEL 80 EPICS? REALLY?

Take legendaries out of the game or make them scale, this is just embarassing.
    Legendary doens't mean the stats are awesome.
    Legendary means it has a background story and not just a loot item.
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    Some of the stuff doesn't add up man... Take Illidan for example... why would he use such shit weapons compared to what he could get in Northrend.... COME ONNNNNN...

Some of the stuff doesn't add up man... Take Illidan for example... why would he use such shit weapons compared to what he could get in Northrend.... COME ONNNNNN...

Because bosses run around dungeons killing other bosses to gear up.

INCOMING BLIZZARD'S NEW GAME!

illidan couldnt do northrend... he got pwned by arthas... no loot for him.
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    yeah, that's how I heard about how to deal with legendarys.... unfortunately, Blizz employees seem to have not enough Ideas, regarding Thori'Dal and Val'anyr, who have almost NO storyline behind (oh yeah, once the weapon of a Titan or so... used problably in their 3. gear for farming... great deal, indeed)

For having removed for the first time a whole raid-content from the game, Blizzard should have given paople with remaining Slinters of Atiesh a way (as hard as they estimate) to let them finish their staff.. I miss 22 slinters of these QQ. A splinter of Atiesh would be consumable to enable a 7days-long lock-out raid period of an Naxx-60 ID.

Just let the player choosing it through interface.

Let me dream x