Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Kimlil

Re: Val'anyr, a priest perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by tomken
    You've misunderstand I think...
    You get the proc on some1 (in 15 sec) and each time you heal, he will get a shield that absorbs...
    So 10k heal, 1.5k dmg absorb; 10k heal, a NEW shield 1.5k dmg absorbing...

A Holy Paladin can Heal 20K :P

Wouldn't it be funny if the shield ability procced off Vampiric Embrace or Devouring Plague? Then this whole conversation would go completely to pot...

Holy priest perspective:

No manaregen. Next?

Also, this hammer is just too well itemized for the holy paladin. I would expect the priest version to carry some spirit+MP5, and maye a slightly modified proc ability. Bubble worth 15% of a heal is wonderful for a paladin, but ridiculously bad as a druid. I would expect this to be class-dependent.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosEater
    So after your best healers than what? Do you simply give it to a healer because of the proc. I dont recall at any point saying it was a dps only weapon, what i said was that guilds would have to evaluate themselves and it is entirely possible that given individual performances the mace MAY be better suited in the hands of a dps'er. The contribution of the proc to the healer may not in all cases be more than the contribution the weapon may have for a dpser (both ultimately help the guild but based on individual performances one may not always win out against the other.)

- Is it me or does this thread sound alot like the threads regarding the usefullness of Thor'idal to warriors and rogues when it came out?
    Lets assume 7 healers in a raid... 40 shards per healer... how many shards did u think was going to drop?

As previously stated the raw stats on the item don't make it massively better for any dps class and they will do almost exactly the same dps with the next best in slot epic in Uld... if you can't acknowledge that then you really need to take a good hard look at yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbie
    Hmm...doesn't look so Legendary now...does it? The only big advantage was when steady shot did not factor in ammo for its damage, and the "Legendary Bag Slot" it provided.
    You, sir are retarded. You also dont see the bow is much faster which in BC was amazing do to the simple shot rotation of SS,AS while keepin Serpent sting up. And also, the min damage on thoridal is roughly 200 over the max damage of golden bow. and crit/armor pen is much better for BM hunter.
    you
    suck

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    stats are kind of shitty since the next patch that introduces arthas...and the patch later down the line that introduces a raid after icecrown will have better stats...doesnt seem legedary atm
    Informed, I see.

From what i understand (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=64411) the buff isn't placed on your target, but the wielder gets the buff. So for 15sec the mace wielder's heals provide a shield on whoever is the target.
    That it doesn't have spirit, too bad, but that buff>some regen that you can get elsewhere also imo. And as someone mentionned, buff+IF+DH ;o

I don't understand why people is arguing whether it's good for casters or not.
    The ONLY reason it is legendary is the proc it has.
    Stop comparing it to easy mode weapons, start comparing it to hard mode weapons.
    There's hard mode weapons with almost the same amount of stats minus the proc. Casters will have no interest in this mace, end of discussion.

Once again, it's the PROC that makes this a legendary.

Before any of you stupid DPSers out there start flaming me I'll add that I play a shadowpriest and I'm damn good at it.

Also, comparing the legendary bow with the epic one was just silly, but I guess there's been loads of posts explaining this already.

I am guessing it will be the same as http://www.wowhead.com/?item=21625 but as a proc instead of a /use effect. Which is nice, because this trinket was amazing.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Lets assume 7 healers in a raid... 40 shards per healer... how many shards did u think was going to drop?

As previously stated the raw stats on the item don't make it massively better for any dps class and they will do almost exactly the same dps with the next best in slot epic in Uld... if you can't acknowledge that then you really need to take a good hard look at yourself.
    I think it's 30 shards...

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Quote Originally Posted by ilovepeaches
    I find it hilarious there are DPSers who can as much as consider the possibility of getting this weapon over a healer. It's pretty amusing.
    I hail from ravencrest EU, the second server in the world to observe a rogue getting Thori'dal.
    Over a hunter.
    Who was present in a raid when it dropped.

Any other questions?

To the argument on the first 2 pages:

So, a resto shammie who has all but 1 frag shouldn't be allowed to get the last one if they respec to elemental? >_>

To all you ignorant dps fools going on and on about how they deserve it as much as a healer:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45039

1) Read item description
    2) ???
    3) Realize it has class restrictions

In a nutshell: only for Paladins, Shamans, Druids and Priests.
    Gosh look, all the healer classes, I wonder why...

Erm, the people talking about taking it would be Boomkin, Shadow Priests and Elemental shaman. Mages and Warlocks, the other DPS casters, can't use maces anyway, so the item not being useable by their classes does not make any difference.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Curaja
    In a nutshell: only for Paladins, Shamans, Druids and Priests.
    Gosh look, all the SP based DPS classes that can use maces and a single healer, I wonder why...
    Fixed.

Seriously, stop fapping at the proc

It doesn't have to proc "like the wind". The proc lasts for 15 seconds. So as long as it procs around once per minute, even a little longer, it's still really awesome.

So for 15 seconds your healing is indirectly increased by 15% and it can't over heal, so it's always used.

This thing fits into discipline casting style so well, I would kill 11 babies for it!

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Most 15 second procs on items currently have a 45 second internal cooldown, so hopefully this will too.

my staff is a good one -- Kralnor.

Hodir staff for dps is better than a silly glowing mace.

Deleted

Just dinged 80 two days ago on my priest and am the only raiding disc priest in my guild so I hope I might get a shot at this. As disc with Divine Aegis this beauty can provide alot of fun when it comes to preemptive healing other than that it does feel lacking, quite alot.

So I have a question, not sure if it's been brought up or answered:
    Is it possible that the procc from the mace could stack for a certain amount?
    Like maybe 3 or 5??

Then i could definitely see a little more Legendary-ness in it.

Just wondering =D