Question about Enduring Winter

Does it proc only during WE summoning and casting a frostbolt? Or is it off of any frostbolt you cast at any time?

How would you rate this ability vs Clearcast in terms of mana savings?

Any other tidbits would be great thanks.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Question about Enduring Winter

it works off of any frostbolt...but why the hell would you even think about picking it up?
    BfA Beta Time

Because i could use more mana savings of some sort before running OOM. It sounds pretty significant if it can proc off any frostbolt, and gives back like 4% mana each proc if i read it right. Unless that proc is capped at only once every few minutes or something. I guess i'll spec it and see how it is since i can't seem to find too much feedback on it from a google.

15+ Year Old Account

if you're having mana issues as frost, you're doing it wrong. on the ptr, i was able to sustain DPS without running oom for 1,140 seconds as 18/0/53 (back when the talent was even crappier than it is now). frost is the most mana efficient spec (unless you're talking pvp) and the proc doesn't refund 4% mana off of each cast, it just refreshes the "replenishment" buff everyone should have in a raid. it works the same way that a spriest, ret pali, survival hunter do.
    BfA Beta Time

If you really want that skill. I'd suggest leaving a few things in the lower tier frost tree. Just get as many pts as you need to get to the water elemental and put 2pts into enduring winter and 2 into brainfreeze. Three points is a waste. Remember, it last for 15 seconds, and more than likely you'll be casting more than one frostbolt in that time. One point is okay in pve, just frost should never be used in pve anyways. For pvp it's not enough. Two is just right.

Yeah its for PvP. I find myself going oom relatively fast between barrier recasts, CoC's, and sometimes even Blizzard's and stuff. Its not for Arena just general BG's and WG mostly. I'm going to mess around with it i guess with my secondary dual spec. I'll try 2 points then and see how it goes. It just sounds better than putting points into frost channeling, and i don't really PvE, other than some dailys.

Well for pvp putting 3 points into Enduring Winter is really a bad idea. Those 3 points can be put to better use. Besides for pvp you should be using Mage Armor I hope so there is 50% mana regen while casting. If you wanna pvp as frost I would suggest using this spec until you become more aware how to pvp as a frost mage then you can break away into hybrid specs.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...6&version=9835

I use Frost Armor mostly, but switch out to Arcane vs casters.

I've been playing with my spec a lot lately, and have leaned towards a more passive defensive focused build. I only have 1 pt into Winters Chill(not for Arena), and might forego points into Chilled to the Bone(i had no points into it right before last patch and it wasn't a huge difference imo). So far i haven't really noticed a dropoff, and feel a noticeable boost in survivability using those points for Arctic Winds and Frozen Core. I'm still not sure about Arcane Fortitude, and thats something else i might switch out in favor of Spell Impact. I really wanted to see the difference a max passive defense spec would be, and imo its pretty noticeable.

This is the spec i'm currently using, but might allocate points somehow into Enduring Winter if its a noticeable mana return with consistency:

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...03212152231041