Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Hardest boss fight in wow?

Quote Originally Posted by Watipah
    I Think the Hardest Fight for melee classes is the fight vs Mimiron.
    Phase1-3 are quite easy, but in Phase 4 you have to look out for:
    - rockets which are hard to see
    - ae dmg from the machine on the ground, while probably hitting the one in the middle (-> watching focus target cast)
    - looking for a way out of the mines around him to avoid the ae... if you don't look out for a good way where you can
    pass the bombs you'll be dead...(looking at your life to decide to hit one bomb if there isn't a better way out)
    - additionally you have to avoid the middles laser barrage and if possible most of its random dmg towards one direction
    - you still want to deal as much dps as possible
    - as enhance there are addionally heals to low health raidmembers, ghostwolves that have to be set on passive for the ae and the still procrelevant dmg rotation so you have to look at the proccs too instead of a facerolled combo

Although i've never cleared the AQ 40 encounters, i think this is the hardest Boss for melees ever because you've to look at quite a lot of things...
    of course it's not so difficult to defeat him if a few melees die... but its still challenging... and i prefer to survive ;-)

I always thought that Mimiron was really easy as well as his hard mode. Thats just me tho

Hunterian

Quote Originally Posted by Stonepony
    I was in one of the guilds that couldn't kill him even after his second nerf (not the 30% hp nerf to all bosses). We came close a couple of times, but just couldn't do it. Any guild that was able to kill him before he was nerfed the first time, really must have some highly skilled players. I've been playing for over 4 years and have experienced most bosses in this game and have to say M'uru pre-nerf was the hardest I've ever done.

btw, would you happen to know what were the 12 guilds that were able to kill M'uru pre-nerf?

Same with us, we butted our heads against him over and yes you guessed it over again. Got the kill the day after HP nerf and also the first KJ kill. Was one of the biggest dissappointments in my raidinglife.

Ok it's taken me a while to post this but I just want to say you can't say a boss is hard when it's next to impossible to complete.
    Muru pre pre whatever amount of times it was nerfed was almost impossible because the insane amount of health the mobs had and the amount of damage required to take each one down.
    And the people who are saying, "Oh if you say KJ you've never done Muru pre nerf, people find different bosses harder than others my guild took less time on Muru than KJ and it was pre 3.0 so not the pre pre pre nerf muru. I found KJ harder it took more coordination than muru. So you people who think you know whats harder shut up and let people give their opininions sunwell was hard end of story.

Yogg 0 is most difficult, if anyone dies or disconnects its a wipe in the first 2 phases.
    3th phase is just a joke, not even Ensidia (considered to be the best players in the world at the time) could world first it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVanquisher
    Yeah, about that.... the Frozen throne is at the bottom of Icecrown Citadel... not the top. Not to mention this entire idea is dumb as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo
    lol wtf is it really? cause im pretty sure its somewhere around the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo
    actually who the fuck am i kidding the frozen throne is at the top end of discussion.
    Hilarious every fucking time i read this

Im not raiding, but the hardest (not maybe hardest but funniest and alot of things you have to know or you can't down this boss) was Freya for me.
    yo

Quote Originally Posted by Teramos
    as far as i know it was death&taxes, i remember everyone in the raid got a tankflask for this fight. (and damn those flasks were expensive in these days^^)
    ^----This...
    Death & Taxes Where the ONLY guild that killed him pre nurf/bugg/fix....

Typo = fixed :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dytex
    Yogg 0 is most difficult, if anyone dies or disconnects its a wipe in the first 3 phases.
    4th phase is just a joke, not even Ensidia (considered to be the best players in the world at the time) could world first it.
    Wait, Yogg has four phases?

Deleted

I'd be leaning to say C'thun, but it doesn't really count, it was just a good example of bad game planning.
    Aside from C'thun I guess M'uru or Kil'jaeden. I always found KJ harder than M'uru, but most players around think the other way, so I guess I'm just a noob :3

Speaking about Final bosses of TBC, I also always found Kael'thas Sunstrider harder than Illidan. I guess, again, I'm the only one who sees things this way?
    I mean: sure Illidan was a badass and had his hard parts, but I always found KT more troublesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dytex
    3th phase is just a joke, not even Ensidia (considered to be the best players in the world at the time) could world first it.
    O_o

Pre-Nef C'thun.
    Pre-Nerf M'uru.
    Kil'jaeden

Them 3 was so hard in there days.

I'm taking it back to the old school and saying Ragnaros.

By a country mile the most epic fight in wow in terms of size, strategy and environment.

A lot of guilds wiped for a very long time on Rag. Most didn't have it down before BWL.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Funny thing is.

Most people saying C'thun/Muru etc, never seen them before and just assume so because others say it is.

My hardest fight (which i reached) has had to be Thorim (frozenblows nearly oneshotted our tank, every single hit ^.^)
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

yogg +0 pre-nerf.
    mimiron pre-nerf.

Hogger.

Actually, idk who i'd say. haven't done any bosses that are tooooo hard. havent done toc raid yet
    Kiyoshi - 80 Death Knight on Anvilmar
    Azas - 80 Hunter on Anvilmar
    Sagess - 46 Druid on Anvilmar

Imo Mu'ru and Vashj + Sir Setback pre-Nerf

I would say C'thun pre nerf, but i considered him more bugged than really hard. With him set aside.

Four Horsemen (Naxx 40) not so much for the omg this is super super hard, but for the fact that it took so long to gear up for the encounter. It was an immense gear check and near impossible for unprepared (didnt really recruit and gear that many tanks) guilds.

After that, ironically, Ragnaros... When we were fighting him for the first time he wasnt easy, we didnt expect to get decimated and have to sit back and reattune gear solely for him. (strats didnt exist for him when we were first tackling him... so some stuff was unexpected.)

Instructor Razuvious!

In original Naxx no one knew what to do against this ravager until coincidentally some priest MCed the adds.

Still it's hard to find ppl who know what to do :S
    Quote Originally Posted by stonedviper
    If a rogue had fan of food stacks that auto tossed 2 stacks of food in the bags of everyone within 20 yards mages wouldn't be needed...lol

15+ Year Old Account

C'Thun hands down was the hardest boss. But before that, a little instance called Scholomance , there was a dude (Death Knight Darkreaver) You had to summon him (shaman and Paladin quest) After clearing Rattlegore's room. Dont know if anyone remembers this... that boss was a real pain in the ass to kill.

Good Old Times.
    Claiming that your operating system is the best in the world because more people use it is like saying McDonalds makes the best food in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    Funny thing is.

Most people saying C'thun/Muru etc, never seen them before and just assume so because others say it is.

My hardest fight (which i reached) has had to be Hodir (frozenblows nearly oneshotted our tank, every single hit ^.^)
    Fix'd. Iiiironnnnnny

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    Funny thing is.

My hardest fight (which i reached) has had to be Thorim (frozenblows nearly oneshotted our tank, every single hit ^.^)
    Just because people dont post all day on these forums, doesnt mean they dont know jack about the game.

as for thorim, the hardest part ( or tricky part if you ask me) is the arena gauntlet fight. Thorim is pretty easy by himself, just need a second tank to taunt thorim when he does his debuff, so its just a tricky fight but once mastered is pretty easy.
    Claiming that your operating system is the best in the world because more people use it is like saying McDonalds makes the best food in the world.