Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Hardest boss fight in wow?

C'Thun is clearly an awesome fight.

As a shadowpriest, the fight in which I had to perfect my gameplay the most was clearly M'uru though:
    - Mass dispelling, and being ready to click + single-target dispel in case of resists (targetting macros didn't work here as it could target dying mobs instead of the one that had resisted),
    - SWDing the Void Sentinels and leading them to their tank whenever darkness prevented him from grabbing them to their tanking location,
    - Killing the Void Sentinels,
    - Multi-Dotting the humanoid adds that weren't to be sheeped (we used sheeping tactic), and Dotting the sheep about 3 seconds before it was supposed to break,
    - Assist the other side if for some reason DPS was too low (wasn't needed on actual takedowns but I have still been doing it quite a lot before that),
    - All of this while maximizing DPS on M'uru by keeping DoTs up as well as an full DPS cycle whenever there was nothing else to do (VT and VE were quite important), while being aware of the timers in order not to spawn Entropius while adds were incoming...
    - And while being quite busy doing this job, my mana was dropping quite fast (especially due to mass dispels and multi dotting), which forced me to be extremely attentive and preventive on when to use what mana CD. That especially meant using an early shadowfiend after dmg trinket, making sure that mana tide wouldn't be used at the same time, keeping mana pots off CD until shadowfiend and mana tide were both on CD, and then using them every CD until the end of the fight, as well as the other shadowfiend, which was to be cast after darkness of course.

That's for phase 1... It was really awesome

I think that what I love in fights are:
    - Not knowing all the tacts before I enter the boss' room and discussing what can/should be done to counter this or this ability,
    - Once the tacts are known, have an encounter that has so many parameters that not only you need to adapt and communicate important things at raid-level, but also you have to make decisions at player or group-level on-the-go. For instance, C'thun fight, you get out of the stomach and positions are a bit fucked up: it's not like anything is hard but a few persons have to notice that positions are bad, make space cleverly while trying to guess where each other is going to head toward. That is adaptation and team spirit, and it's what prevents the fights from becoming boring

cthun & yogg+0 don't count, they were impossible pre nerf

m'uru pre nerf however, was the hardest boss i've ever done; and mathematically it was possible prenerf.

Used to have issues with tanks being destroyed by Doomwalker in BC. Muru. Kael. And i still hate Maly. Fuck vehicle fights.
    4 8 15 16 24 32

TEH GUY IN SHATTERED HALLZ THAT DROPS TEH AGRO

Quote Originally Posted by Trollbert
    Level 1 Cow
    Critter
    correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure that the cow critters are technically level 5?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dark+Iron&n=Rolybaby

Quote Originally Posted by Vysogota
    First of all, 12 guilds killed it before Blizzard nerfed it the first time (by removing the Negative Energy spell interruption), not 4. Second of all, I'm not sure if the original M'uru was the hardest -- the original Mimiron HM was on the same level IMO, if not harder.
    I was in one of the guilds that couldn't kill him even after his second nerf (not the 30% hp nerf to all bosses). We came close a couple of times, but just couldn't do it. Any guild that was able to kill him before he was nerfed the first time, really must have some highly skilled players. I've been playing for over 4 years and have experienced most bosses in this game and have to say M'uru pre-nerf was the hardest I've ever done.

btw, would you happen to know what were the 12 guilds that were able to kill M'uru pre-nerf?

Twins in aq40... it is impsoible to do if u have atleast 1 noob in raid lol
    Amberkintribe Yogg+0 kill 10man.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuQ1_SjRxaA

nightbane in karazhan honestly was a crazy difficult fight before it got nerfed. Of course the nerf came after only like 2-3 weeks and karazhan became such farm status for EVERYONE that people forget.

Damn skeletons that spawned during the air phase- More would spawn depending on how many people were near the target of the spell, the skeletons did aoe damage if i remember right, and only took physical damage and holy spell damage.

Deleted

People who say c'thun are just stupid because he unkillable.

pre-nerf Gruul was the hardest ever.

by prenerf i mean any nerf at all.

Deleted

Hardest fights overall, would probably be something like:

1. Muru/Entropius
    2. 4H at lvl 60.
    3. C'thun.

If im not mistaken, more guilds killed C'thun at 60, than 4Horsemen, and the skill level of the fights were just incredible.
    M'uru required more than just good dps, it required the raid to swap focus from 1 mob to the other in very little time in addition to timing everything perfectly.
    4H was just agonizing, as it required everyone to move right, watch out for invisible void zones (did that even get fixed?) and what not, I personally found the fight harder than C'thun.
    And C'thun was more about organizing the raid, once you killed him, it was a more "stable" boss, as people knew what to do, and without people failing much, he went down.

Quote Originally Posted by fendrix
    Archaedas felt almost impossible at WoW's release.
    Yes.. That guy was damn tough back then.. Especially considering the groups you usually got for him.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

pre nerf Muru is the hardest boss in the history of WoW. No question about it. Bugged or Mathematically Impossible encounters dont count :P Kil'Jaeden was an awesome fight but after killing Muru it was an easier fight all around.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

vanilla style; The four horsemen or KTZ, they were amazingly tough to organise. damage n healingwise id say M'uru tho.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

since I never made it to sunwell plateu with my old guild back in TBC, I'd have to say Teron Gorfiend in BT, was almost a luck based fight for our guild :P the few people that knew what to do had to shadow of death, or it was all over, too many people who had too many lag, or couldnt tab lance, tab lance, tab lance, or too old or too young or whatever, was just an aweful fight since it all comes down to those few people who get shadow of deathed.
    also, prince malchazar in karazhan would be an awful bastard before we got good enough gear for him, since it was also a luck based fight of where the infernals dropped, and if you got a few flame buffets from the infernals on your tank or raid group it would all be over
    Skysin/Xavius EU

Quote Originally Posted by Teramos
    as far as i know it was death&taxes, i remember everyone in the raid got a tankflask for this fight. (and damn those flasks were expensive in these days^^)
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?page=107 rly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaavis
    And you didn't even address the fact that auto attacks do a lot better than wanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    Quick trade chat poll reveals that YOUR MOM is actually the hardest bossfight in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuzzek

Nowadays with massively used add ons just like recount, decursive, boss mods, Grid etc things that seemed difficult with lvl 60 became somewhat easy. But can you say they are easy then? Just the equipment (add ons) changed and so the players job became more easy but in fact....the hardmodes you see in ulduar are harder than any lvl 60 boss imho. You just don't realize it because you got so much help through add ons nowadays and because nowadays it is much easier to find out who plays well and who not, so it is mu8ch easier to get bad players out of the raid.

epic. fail. Healbot and Decursive prenerf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaavis
    And you didn't even address the fact that auto attacks do a lot better than wanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    Quick trade chat poll reveals that YOUR MOM is actually the hardest bossfight in WoW.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Gruul before he got nerfed is quite a contender to be honest. And still no trinket after so long!

1. Firefighter
    2. Yogg + 1
    3. Mu'ru
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by giantdouchelol
    Thaddius
    OH FUCK THIS MINUS SIGN MUST MEAN I HAVE TO GO NEAR THE PLUS TO CANCEL OUT THE DAMAGE I WILL TAKE
    Retard has died.
    Victim 1 has died.
    Victim 2 has died.
    Victim 3 has died.
    Retard has been removed from the guild by Victim 4.
    Victim 4 has died.
    Retard has left the raid group.
    QFT as this has wiped many a pug.

Quote Originally Posted by fendrix
    Archaedas felt almost impossible at WoW's release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Don't underestimate the number of ways to be bad that people can come up with.