Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Feral Druids - the Bear guide

I still have some problems with overeager dps aoe in 5 mans. I try to get in before they're in range, mark a skull, mangle/maul, start swiping while clicking individual targets till a maul goes off. But yeah, in case you didn't know your weapon is king when it comes to threat, unbuffed it's at least 1/4 of your attack power in bear. So if you're using something with low FAP look into where you have to go for a new one.

edit: meant to mention, I did a random heroic that gave me a pally healer and sent me to UK yesterday. The pally was complaining that he had nothing to do. So I looked at the recount for the last boss, the pally's only healing was from judgement of light lol.

Ok first of all this is an alt and i am slowly working on gearing her up

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...d&n=Sevenkinds

And i was wondering about trinkets. I got http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47948 last night but I am not sure if I should use it for tanking or not. I was using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49080

Any other feedback would be greatly appreciated

thanks,

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Elude
    Ok first of all this is an alt and i am slowly working on gearing her up

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...d&n=Sevenkinds

And i was wondering about trinkets. I got http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47948 last night but I am not sure if I should use it for tanking or not. I was using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49080

Any other feedback would be greatly appreciated

thanks,
    Well first of all your Expertiseis only 21, i dont see why you dont spec im to primal precision 2/2 that way your expertiseis will incerese for now i be using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47948 untill your expertiseis is 26 then start using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49080 or any better trinket you can get.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elude
    Do spec into Primal Precision 2/2; don't use the expertise trinket. You can take a point out of furor, plus you have one unused point. You can also move the points from Shredding Attacks into Feral Aggression, King of the Jungle, or Brutal Impact, if you so desire (or leave them there; either way).

So, I decided that since I haven't had to heal since Ulduar, I'd ditch my resto spec and go to a tanking offspec.

In terms of gear, I have no tanking gear but what I do have is cast-offs as I upgrade in ICC. I have 4pc 9.245 that I can gem for tanking as well as a belt. I'm hoping to do this as kind of a natural progression. I've almost saved up for the badge ring, and will try to roll on some tanking rings/neck/cloak in our next TOGC10.

Here is my question: What % dodge is good enough for me to worry about stamina, or the other way around? I know that I'm lacking a ton right just just because 60% of my gear is DPS gear gemmed ArP.

My current stats are:

44.35% Dodge
    30,375 Armor (66.60 % mitigation)
    31,297 HP

My stats are low I know because like I said, but how should I be gemming?

1. It depends on what you want to tank. Heroics? ICC10/25? Tot(G)C10/25? Will you be tanking during raid progression?

2. I'd say your priority should be to get to a 'minimum' level of health (this depends on what you want to be tanking) then go for a somewhat balanced gemming approach. Personally, I tend to gem in the following way:

Blue: stam
    Red: agi/stam
    Yellow: stam or hit/stam

Of course, this depends on the socket bonuses. If it's not an agi or stam socket bonus, I go stam.

The +10 stats gem I try to save for a yellow socket with a good bonus (e.g., our T9 hat).

Quote Originally Posted by oura
    So, I decided that since I haven't had to heal since Ulduar, I'd ditch my resto spec and go to a tanking offspec.

In terms of gear, I have no tanking gear but what I do have is cast-offs as I upgrade in ICC. I have 4pc 9.245 that I can gem for tanking as well as a belt. I'm hoping to do this as kind of a natural progression. I've almost saved up for the badge ring, and will try to roll on some tanking rings/neck/cloak in our next TOGC10.

Here is my question: What % dodge is good enough for me to worry about stamina, or the other way around? I know that I'm lacking a ton right just just because 60% of my gear is DPS gear gemmed ArP.

My current stats are:

44.35% Dodge
    30,375 Armor (66.60 % mitigation)
    31,297 HP

My stats are low I know because like I said, but how should I be gemming?

Ok I have look at the gear that will be out in ICC and is updating the list of idea for a tanking gear.

Weapon: Bloodfall ~ I am in shock about this Pole-arm. It is too good to pass it up for feral tank. 162 stamina and a blue socket for even more stamina. I do not know what is the socket bonus, I just hope it is good for a tank.

T10 4/5: Lasherweave Headguard, Lasherweave Shoulderpads, Lasherweave Handgrips, and Lasherweave Legguards ~ we do need to get 4/5 T10 since it is very powerful while tanking.

Chest: Ikfirus's Sack of Wonder ~ This armor will get you to expertise cap while getting you a good amount of hit rating.

Cloak: Sentinel's Winter Cloak ~ I love this cloak, even so it have a couple bonus armor we get at least 2109 total armor in bear form (base armor is 177).

Necklace: Noose of Malachite ~ Since this neck item is a tanking neck item, I see many good thing about it and will post the stat why I choose this.

Belt: Vengeful Noose ~ It is one of the top belt in the games for a tank. The only upgrade from this is in Heroic 25 man.

Boots: Footpads of Impending Death ~ Same thing as the Belt, the only upgrade is in Heroic 25 man.

Wrist: Toskk's Maximized Wristguards ~ A fine item to be name after an influential person in the Warcraft community, Toskk who did quit in August '09 and set up Toskk's DPS Gear Method for Feral Druids.

Ring #1: I choose Ashen Band of Endless Courage for the idea of building threat set.

Ring #2: Agains, like ring #1, I pick Harbinger's Bone Band.

Trinket #1: Unidentifiable Organ ~ Good amount of stamina when it stack ten time. I do not know where this drop because wowhead and mmo listed it at Gunship, however wow armory listed it at Putricide. So I do not know where it will drop until more data appear.

Trinket #2: No idea yet, I am thinking about Corpse Tongue Coin, Corroded Skeleton Key, or Sindragosa's Flawless Fang. I am choosing Corpse Tongue Coin to show the stat when gemmed and enchanted right.

Idol: I need more data to find out about Idol of the Crying Moon, If it is bad then I keep T8 Idol.

Gems I put on this set: 20 sockets total

8 Delicate Cardinal Ruby

1 Rigid King's Amber ~ You will find out in the stat info why I pick one up.

7 Enduring Eye of Zul

3 Solid Dragon's Eye ~ Yes, I am a JC.

1 Solid Majestic Zircon

Enchantment:

Since I have no problem with hearing some ideas for the Shoulder. I want to make sure I have enough health to do ICC Heroic and yes I am looking into the future.

Arcanum of the Stalwart Protector

Greater Inscription of the Gladiator

Enchant Cloak - Major Agility

Enchant Chest - Powerful Stats

Fur Lining - Stamina ~ I am also a LW.

Jormungar Leg Reinforcements

Enchant Gloves - Major Agility

Enchant Boots - Greater Fortitude

Enchant Weapon - Mongoose

Ok, Stat time: (Warning: Some statistics (particularly dodge) may not be entirely accurate.) from wowhead.

In humaniod form, I can't find the math for Bear form data:

Health: 32597
    Armor: 9567 (Reduces physical damage taken by 38.58%)
    Haste Rating: 219 (8.68% Haste)
    Hit Rating: 259 (7.90% Hit chance) (7.29% without that yellow gem)
    Expertise Rating: 256 (+31 Expertise); 41 Expertise with talent
    Dodge Rating: 371 (+9.43% dodge); about 54.11% before diminishing returns
    Critical Rating: 399 (+8.69% crit chance); 35.24%
    Defense Rating: 317 (+64 defense); 464, Increases chance to dodge, block and parry by 2.56% and Decreases chance to be hit and critically hit by 2.56%.

Basic Stat:
    Agility: 1602
    Stamina: 2536
    Attack Power: 2125

Talent idea: You need to have T10 4/5 that I have listed to use King of the Jungle

Really can't figure out why people use 20 agility and 30 stam gems... 1 20 agil + 1 30 stam is exactly the same as 2 shifting dreadstones and dreadstones are half the price of red and blue gems.

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    Really can't figure out why people use 20 agility and 30 stam gems... 1 20 agil + 1 30 stam is exactly the same as 2 shifting dreadstones and dreadstones are half the price of red and blue gems.
    Under your idea, I lose 64 agility and gain 1290 health. Then my dodge will drop 2% due to the lost agi.

I am thinking of changing the Hit rating gem to Hit/Stamina gem and one of the Def/Stam gem as well to stay at 7.9% Hit but I lose small bit of the dodge %.

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro
    Under your idea, I lose 64 agility and gain 1290 health. Then my dodge will drop 2% due to the lost agi.

I am thinking of changing the Hit rating gem to Hit/Stamina gem and one of the Def/Stam gem as well to stay at 7.9% Hit but I lose small bit of the dodge %.
    I simply meant people using a 30 stam gem somewhere in their gear and using a 20 agility gem somewhere else. Two agil/stam gem would be the exact same except they costs half as much.

15+ Year Old Account

I simply meant people using a 30 stam gem somewhere in their gear and using a 20 agility gem somewhere else. Two agil/stam gem would be the exact same except they costs half as much.
    I suppose thats true on most servers, but as a counterargument; on my server, a +20 agi and +30 stamina gem combined will cost you less then 2x 15sta/10agi ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Syph
    I suppose thats true on most servers, but as a counterargument; on my server, a +20 agi and +30 stamina gem combined will cost you less then 2x 15sta/10agi ^^
    Pretty sure he had the "buy using emblems" option in mind, in which case pure colors cost 20 emblems while "hybrid" gems cost 10.

I understand that, I just post the what will happen if you do agil/stam gem in all the red sockets. It does not matter about the price of the gems.

- 86 Agi
    - 2% Dodge
    +1290 Health

That is a huge different between Pure Agi gem and doing agil/stam.

Doing the agil/stam gems will make you have more health than Pure Agi however your dodge get hit.

The best question will be how much health is enough and is my dodge good enough.

I post another stat idea comparing the two different set one with agil/stam and the other one with my idea.

Auroro 1 (Update the yellow sockets)

Auroro 2 (Agil/Stam)

Auroro 3 (Expertise Gems) Bonus

I understand that, I just post the what will happen if you do agil/stam gem in all the red sockets. It does not matter about the price of the gems.
    He didn't say socket all Agi/Stam. But whenever you use a 20 Agi gem with a 30 Stam gem, it can be replaced with 2 Agi/Stam gems. That's all.

Like in the chest piece, instead of 20 Agi, 20 Hit and 30 Stam, you could do Agi/Stam x2 and 20 Hit.

It's just a matter of gem availability. But if you're buying yours with emblems, I would second the advice to get shiftings instead of pure reds and blues when possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Selverein
    He didn't say socket all Agi/Stam. But whenever you use a 20 Agi gem with a 30 Stam gem, it can be replaced with 2 Agi/Stam gems. That's all.

Like in the chest piece, instead of 20 Agi, 20 Hit and 30 Stam, you could do Agi/Stam x2 and 20 Hit.

It's just a matter of gem availability. But if you're buying yours with emblems, I would second the advice to get shiftings instead of pure reds and blues when possible.
    Did you look at the new stat I posted, check out number 2.

Did you look at the new stat I posted, check out number 2.
    Yes, I did see it, and you still missed my point.

I really dunno how else I can try to explain so if anyone wants to step in, feel free.

Quote Originally Posted by Selverein
    Yes, I did see it, and you still missed my point.

I really dunno how else I can try to explain so if anyone wants to step in, feel free.
    I took a look about it and do you really want to lose more health. Every thing that have a socket of red and blue will show Agi/Stam while those that have just red will be agi.

Auroro 4

I think the best choice will be between Auroro 1 or Auroro 2.

I have a question about lower level tanking. I have problems holding threat due to rage starvation. I have prior experience tanking on a paladin, so threat gen and all that isn't foreign to me.

Right now I pull with faerie fire, pop enrage, maul, and swipe if its multiple mobs, if its just 1 or 2 I'll tab between the two and maul till I feel I'm at a safe place, but it usually winds up with me and no rage and someone pulling off me.

I'm level 46 and I'm using a bear/kitty friendly build. Any help with rage generation?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Idol: I need more data to find out about Idol of the Crying Moon, If it is bad then I keep T8 Idol.
    It's worth picking up.

The stacks of agility stack every 3 seconds, aka when your lacerate ticks. It doesn't have to be 5 stacks of lacerate to get the agility from the idol stacked 5 times either. If you got 1 stack of lacerate to run its course on a mob it will get the 5 stacks of agility. Basically as long as your consistant with using lacerate you will have 100% uptime from this idol.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxe
    Any help with rage generation?
    It would help a lot if we had an armory link ^^ for all we know you might have almost no +hit rating which would explain a lot if so :P

Hmm - after taking a look at the talent calculator I realized that due to your level, you are quite close to some talents that really increase damage (and therefor threat) such as Protector of the Pack / Natural Reaction / Mangle (Bear) - heck, nearly all the talents you are close to obtaining are all talents that result in significantly more threat generation =p

If you havent picked the following already, I greatly suggest Primal Precision as expertise is 1) hard to obtain at your level through gear 2) increases DPS as kitty+bear and increases your threat (by not parrying and hitting instead) for bear

Furthermore, Feral Instinct is a godsent for AoE-threat and Primal Fury+Savage Fury are both must-haves in opinion

Hope that this helps out a bit!

[Edit] Also, try to resist using Enrage right at the start and use Growl as your first move when a mob is pulled off of you - when that doesnt cut it - then resort to using Enrage trust me in just a few more levels you'll discover an entirely new arsenal of abilities that all result in increased threat, damage and utility!

-Syph