Having Issues...

I switched from Holy to Shadow as my main spec. Naturally, I changed out a bunch of gems and got a lot of hit gear, and i'm sitting at 5.3k GS.

However, from what I've seen I've only been able to pull 4k DPS in a raiding envrionment... which is absolutely terrible.

Seeing as this is my alt, im not too worried, but I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong if anyone has any feedback.

I've followed the shadow priest guide on here for the most part, and only my gemming needs work really.

Here's the armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...sera&cn=Snackz

Note: Yes, I have T10 Healing Shoulders. I'm aware of this -.-

As for Trinkets:

I have Those two Equipped, but I also have a Solace of the Fallen, and a Fetish of the Volatile Power. Not sure what to use. Obviously Solace is a healing trinket but it provides me with a good chunk of spell power.

Anyway, any feedback is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

Do you use any mods to keep track of your dots or to make sure you are not clipping Mind Flay? Gnosis for cast bar is a good one. Many variations for Dot tracker.

The NMIC is not bad at all, make sure you use it before casting SW:Pain as the crit will roll as long as you only refresh it with Mind Flay.

You are aware of gemming/gear issues, so nothing to really say there, as long as you know what to change it to.

just a side note, you have healing ring for reputation with Ashen Verdict.
    as buddy said, get some doT and CD tracking addon.

Quote Originally Posted by buddytonto View Post
    Do you use any mods to keep track of your dots or to make sure you are not clipping Mind Flay? Gnosis for cast bar is a good one. Many variations for Dot tracker.

The NMIC is not bad at all, make sure you use it before casting SW:Pain as the crit will roll as long as you only refresh it with Mind Flay.

You are aware of gemming/gear issues, so nothing to really say there, as long as you know what to change it to.
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll try all these suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.