Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Should spammable cc be given a cooldown in pvp ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nioxic
    all CC spells should have a CD equal to, or longer than the spells effects duration.

And sheep shouldn't heal and damage shouldn't break it sure. Also no dispels! That would be cheating.
    "Old Gods Die Hard"

Quote Originally Posted by Malechi
    thats 48 seconds out of 2minutes (120 seconds), not after 8 seconds of cc. How much of that time is spent dpsing you is decided by how long it takes to recover from damage and reclose the distance.
    Also, I know its hard to grasp with your best friend being whatever key is bound to your cc button, when you're used to being a 1 man cc machine, but you aren't fighting arena alone. L2P as a team.
    This I know, but when timed right you can do it! I know you can. You may not see it yet, but I believe in you!

Also about the team part. It goes both ways. That's what CC is for ^_^
    "Old Gods Die Hard"

Sheep and fear is fine, learn to play.

Cyclone however is not. WHY DOES NO ONE WHINE ABOUT CYCLONE D:? Caps lock to get a response.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

l2p

Quote Originally Posted by Exera
    l2p
    A Possible replacement for Archimonde. Beware all ye landlubbers.

Guess what? l2improvise, bichiz.

No. I play a mage as main and 90% of my polymorphs get trinketed within a few seconds and then i have to resheep and quickly reel off a frost bolt. If it had a CD i would not be able to re-sheep and would therefore be near useless.

To all the L2P type of comments;
    you think it's fun to spend matches hiding behind pillars and running in circles ? If cc was more controllable, it would give healers a chance to open up a bit more, thus exposing themselves and opening up the game to new strategies.

To the "trinket racials and dr's are too much already" comments;
    almost all other forms of cc can also be broken the same ways, but they have (dun dun dun) cooldowns ! Skilled players will compensate and have other tools at their disposal. If you Have to rely on spamming 1 ability, then maybe the problem is you not having other ways to counter. I think you just prefer no skill 1 button spamming against having to strategize and co-ordinate like most other classes do

Wow at least one person alive who thought a bit about what I was saying and helped get my point across.
    By the looks of the angry villagers, you'll be hanging beside me at sundown.
    Glad to be there with you. and whats funny is 2/3 of my pvp toons are CC spammers. Mage/Lock.

@jacobuj:
    Yeah yeah, my numbers were off some, I didn't remember what the real ones were and just used examples from earlier posts as my numbers.
    With fear, 17.5 seconds feared to 15 seconds not, so more than 50% of the time. Factor in a trinket and you are still CC'd a minimum of 7.5 seconds, plenty of time to kill your dps if you are a healer in the first round of CC (or get them to a point where you can't get enough heals on the target to save them). If you don't manage to kill and your comp is still alive after the first round of CC's DR wears off, and you can kill the DPS during a round of CC without dying yourself, its a win. But burst is at the point where unless the healer has a second get outta CC free card *cough* bubble *cough*, the dps is doomed.
    If you are a druid, you get outta CC and might possibly get a bloom or juv + swiftmend off, unless the opponent was predicting and precasting the next CC, or the mage is quick/smart and just CS you and re-CC.
    As a priest anything worthwhile to do while out of CC from your trinket briefly can be spell stolen by the mage, or get barely half a penance off. Against anyone with a brain they'll be far enough away for you to not be able to get off a scream on them before re-cc'd.
    Shamans... yeah. pet attack totems macro ftw.

15+ Year Old Account

To all the L2P type of comments;
    you think it's fun to spend matches hiding behind pillars and running in circles ? If cc was more controllable, it would give healers a chance to open up a bit more, thus exposing themselves and opening up the game to new strategies.

To the "trinket racials and dr's are too much already" comments;
    almost all other forms of cc can also be broken the same ways, but they have (dun dun dun) cooldowns ! Skilled players will compensate and have other tools at their disposal. If you Have to rely on spamming 1 ability, then maybe the problem is you not having other ways to counter. I think you just prefer no skill 1 button spamming against having to strategize and co-ordinate like most other classes do
    do you even arena? if so, what class? ever heard of a shamans grounding totem or earth shock? ever hear of hand of sacrifice? ever hear of bubble? ever hear of dispel? you don't like being CCd? get a partner, lock down the mage/lock, profit.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by jacobuj
    A mage or a warlock without CC is a sitting duck. Might as well be dead in the water.

Also, one round of CC last's 8 seconds. And the amount of burst dmg that can be done in those 8+ seconds can't be done in the 48 seconds you said you are free to roam? hmmmm
    Warlocks have life drains, death coil, demo circle and various pet abilities to help keep them alive beyond fear. Something more would be needed without fear spam sure. That would make things more interesting for both you and your opponents.

Mages have shields, teleport, ice nova's (3 if specced for it), ice block, invisible, evocation heal and slows on top of the sheep which is spammable. Although I think its(polymorph) more balanced then other spammables due to its healing effects (I would trade the heal for a cooldown in pvp).

Warlocks have life drains, death coil, demo circle and various pet abilities to help keep them alive beyond fear. Something more would be needed without fear spam sure. That would make things more interesting for both you and your opponents.

Mages have shields, teleport, ice nova's (3 if specced for it), ice block, invisible, evocation heal and slows on top of the sheep which is spammable. Although I think its(polymorph) more balanced then other spammables due to its healing effects (I would trade the heal for a cooldown in pvp).
    You obviously don't play a warlock or mage if you think all those abilities are good enough.

15+ Year Old Account

teleports? are you talking about blink? our 20 yard move straight forward ability that fails quite a bit and often moves us nowhere? ice nova? that's on a 20 second CD, shattered barrier? requires taking 3k+ of melee damage to proc and having our ice barrier destroyed. elemental nova? 25 second CD while the pet is out and the pet has a 2.4 minute cooldown. what slow do we have that's spammable? do you mean frostbolt? that's not a slow, that's a snare, not affecting casting time at all, and if you're letting a mage spam you with frostbolts...you're bad. and fyi, if a frostbolt hits you causing the snare, guess what? sheep is broken. to spec into the talent slow, which is 41 points arcane, a mage can't get 3 novas or any good shield. evocate heal is a glyph.

anything you can do i can do better, i can do anything better than you.
    BfA Beta Time

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

As previously stated you have a serious l2p issue. The only people that actually lets us chain CC them is complete crap players, there is not often I am able to chain sheep someone in 2's, it's iterruptable, dispellable, LoS dependant.

Sounds to me like all you want is PvP to be a face off where you press your main nuke button and see who kill each other first.
    You obviously never tried playing a mage in arena, our shield goes "poof" in matter of seconds and has a 25 second CD, frost nova has a cd and is dispellable, breaks on damage, A LOT of classes has millions of counters to it. And you want to put a CD on spammable CC just to screw us over in PvP because you just simply DO NOT want to adapt to anything.

Don't bring me bullshit about we just spam CC, trust me the ONLY time someone is CC'd for the duration is when you play against scrubs.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vander Nars
    Please don't act fucking stupid, blink is an awesome ability, and cold snap resets your cooldown on ice block and frost nova, so they can be used twice back to back.
    Please don't act stupid, Ice Block CANNOT be used back to back... You know that 30 second debuff you get from the first one.

15+ Year Old Account

Please don't act fucking stupid, blink is an awesome ability, and cold snap resets your cooldown on ice block and frost nova, so they can be used twice back to back.
    please don't act stupid yourself qtpai. ice block causes hypothermia, making the mage unable to ice block again for 30 seconds, not affected by cold snap.

EDIT: bah, beat me to it
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    do you even arena? if so, what class? ever heard of a shamans grounding totem or earth shock? ever hear of hand of sacrifice? ever hear of bubble? ever hear of dispel? you don't like being CCd? get a partner, lock down the mage/lock, profit.
    Hand of Sacrifice; 2min cooldown, 12second duration
    Divine Shield; 5min cooldown, 12second duration
    Trinket; 2min cooldown

from a pally pov, if you cant kill one of them during those cooldowns then the pressure is back on you.
    ever try to dispel a locks fear ? you're likely to eat a UA and get yourself silenced.
    not much to do against cyclone but wait
    mages are fine in most cases, but synergies with certain teams gives them a huge amount of options

I'm not against cc. I just feel some classes have too little strategy involved with it.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Trinket; 2min cooldown

from a pally pov, if you cant kill one of them during those cooldowns then the pressure is back on you.
    ever try to dispel a locks fear ? you're likely to eat a UA and get yourself silenced.
    mages are fine in most cases, but synergies with certain teams gives them a huge amount of options

I'm not against cc. I just feel some classes have too little strategy involved with it.
    Yeah it seems to me that we can just cc someone and then instantly win because of it.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

If you can survive 30 secs between 1 ice block, 2 frost nova and 1 pet frost nova to use the second ice block u fucking suck and shouldn't be posting here to start with.
    DIAF?

15+ Year Old Account

If you cant survive 30 secs between 1 ice block, 2 frost nova and 1 pet frost nova to use the second ice block u fucking suck and shouldn't be posting here to start with.
    if you can't survive against a mage who is spam healing you to full while allowing you to hit him to proc his novas, you're awful and shouldn't be posting here to start with.

amidoinitrite?
    BfA Beta Time

Trinket; 2min cooldown

Death Coil 2 min CD last 3sec
    Demonic Circle 2min cd too
    so what??

just a side note in S5 holy pally can just dispell UA and still win.
    also do you know UA have cast time?? fear too??