Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to (easymode) Razorscale

Yes yes, I know Razorscale is already really easy.

But during the first week of Ulduar we discovered a unique way to do the encounter that made it idiot proof.

Took awhile for me to stop being lazy and make the video.

This is meant to be more of a supplemental video to strat guides already available, so it doesn't cover every little detail.

Watch, and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jklPqryQ0wU

also this isn't a "perfect" kill video, there are mistakes made, and plenty of lag to go around. (yay unstable servers)

edit: for those of you who are at work/not able to watch, I will do a quick sum up for you.

Basically what is happening, entire raid stays out of the red circle. Sentinal tank stays in the middle and kites the devouring flames, which basically takes them out of the equation for the encounter.

After Razorscale lands, she will fly to the northwest corner, sentinal tank must follow her to continue to kite the flames. Once first harpoon is activated, she will be dragged back over the middle, tank must follow.

Raid groups up adds and aoe's them down, continue encounter like normal.

Re: How to (easymode) Razorscale

you should describe what you did for those who can't watch it at work.
    I Surf on Exodus Tears

Quote Originally Posted by wowman
    you should describe what you did for those who can't watch it at work.
    AGREE !

I was wondering what kind of UI u are useing? For buttons and such?

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerlord
    But during the first week of Ulduar we discovered a unique way to do the encounter that made it idiot proof.
    Mole machines spawning on top of each other is not first week / pre-nerf content.

That's fairly interesting... I always knew Razor tended to focus the devouring flames more towards the middle, but exploiting that into a workable strategy that seems to work so well is an accomplishment.

Good work OP

Quote Originally Posted by dakhdoun
    Its amazing that so many morons like you bother to register here just to waste your first few posts acting like know-it-all dipshits.

He did not say the vid was from the first week of Uld. The youtube vid tag is quite obviously May 4. He said they DISCOVERED this secret about devouring flames durring the first week. What law said he has to make a vid the day he discovers the strat? That shouldn't have been difficult for you to piece together, but I guess the urge to make a fool out of yourself was too overwhelming this time, eh?

If you want to be an annoying prick, pick your spots better so you at least don't look dumb on top of that.

Thank you OP for sharing this, very very helpful to me.
    Troll - 1
    Forumgoer - 0

So by doing this you...what?

Getting the Devouring Flame to damage Razorscale while she is grounded?

???

The hardest part of the entire fight by FAR is surviving the devouring flames. That is the only challenge.

This strat completely eliminated that challenge.

See that is what had me confused. We struggled with Razor for a little while until we put together a good system for add control, after that it was one-shot all the way; even got the achievement off our first kill, and this was pre-pre-pre-nerf.

Sorry, just didn't think the Devo Flame was challenging at all.

/shrug

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

youtube seems to hate me

i can't view videos directly on youtube. i can watch videos embedded on other pages though. not sure why this happens.

although from the responses your post has gotten i can kind of visualize what is happening.

Troll - 1
    Forumgoer - 0
    The only way I can make sense of this is if you mean the troll has a score of minus one.

Man I remember when trolls were good
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Balnazzar&cn=Eydes

Do you think you have what it takes to be in a 12/12 ICC heroic (world 34th) guild that doesnt use alt raids and doesnt extend raiding? Check us out at http://www.paparazziguild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Z0lid
    I was wondering what kind of UI u are useing? For buttons and such?
    It's called spartan UI.

Can't watch the vid, we've had Razor down since Ulduar launched but I would love to get the killing the adds achievement. I assume that is what you are using? I gotta get home to watch it. Thx for the infor otherwise, always nice to see different ways of doing bosses. Nothing like speed clearing these areas.

Last time my guild had the members to even try this we failed miserably due to people not being able to simply run out of the devouring flames. So to the OP thanks so much for comming up with an interesting and frankly simple way to execute this fight. It rather safely allows us to take the random element of poorly performing players out of the equation and can let it sit in the main tank and his healer's hands which at least from where were standing as a guild is the much better option.

Thanks a ton!
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    Last time my guild had the members to even try this we failed miserably due to people not being able to simply run out of the devouring flames. So to the OP thanks so much for comming up with an interesting and frankly simple way to execute this fight. It rather safely allows us to take the random element of poorly performing players out of the equation and can let it sit in the main tank and his healer's hands which at least from where were standing as a guild is the much better option.

Thanks a ton!
    I aim to please ;D

Quote Originally Posted by komplexvn
    this is new? we've done this method 3 weeks now.
    This is a video demo... OP did not claim to be the first to do this method.
    Ephemera - Grievance - Thrall [H]
    Sybilfawlty - We Have Cookies - Stormrage [A]

15+ Year Old Account

Very nice.. Thanks for the tip, should make it even easier.

DPS Boomkin / Feral Tank

So whats the hard mode?

Hes the type of moron who thinks if you respond at all to a troll, they win.

Its the worst logic in the world and its the reasons troll even exist. Without these idiots acknowleding that they've "won" by making a fool out of themselves and having someone point it out, there would be far less trolls out there.

But alas, this dumbass troll will now walk away from the thread thinking he did some good, cause this OTHER moron troll decided to say "Troll 1, forum goer 0."

Broken logic ftw. People come to message boards to talk. To consider it some feat of strength to get a response out of somebody on what basically amounts to a giant chatroom is lol to say the least.
    Troll-2
    Forumgoer-0

Quote Originally Posted by atf
    So whats the hard mode?
    There is no hardmode for razorscale, merely an achievement that counts towards the meta

(hardmode defined as receiving iLVL 239 gear)

http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=2924

^ is the achievement