Page 1 of 2
LastLast

why do we get the worst spirit buffs

this is for shadow priests

why is it that we have alot of spirit gear and we get 10% spell power from gear and another 10% if u have the shadow glyph but druids have the same mana regen and get 30% SP. i know it can be a little op with spirit tap but the spirit from the crit isnt a huge buff u could give us 20% SP from spirit and our glyph gives us 10% to make us equel to other spell caster classes i mean come on i have 700 spirit on my priest which is 70 SP a druid has 700 SP and he gets 210 SP thats a huge diffence

i dont say anything about warlocks cuz they dont get combat regen from having spirit thats the whole point of them getting more SP from spirit then priests or druids
    World of Warcraft has just as much right and responsibility to create new lore just as the old Warcraft games and books did.

Fucking deal with it.

Re: why do we get the worst spirit buffs

Periods are cool.

They make strings of words called "sentences".

Then we should give critting dots to druids too!

The thing is, what does the glyph translate to in uptime? And the same counts for Spirit Tap from crits, how much would you gain from that? Maybe add critting dots with glyph and ST uptime and you'll be calculated as equal to druids?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical101
    Periods are cool.

They make strings of words called "sentences".

;D
    @Topic
    Shadow is fine, l2p
    German player, sorry for bad grammar.

You can't single out specific mechanics and compare them directly to another class... classes are not balanced in this way and thus you are going to find all sorts of imbalance by putting a microscope on specifics.

What really matters is what the class does as a package and spriest dps is certainly comparable to Boomkin and Locks. If you wanted to argue to the nth degree, in a fight like patch a lock will spank us but as blizzard have pointed out encounters are rarely tank and spank, they involve movement, co-ordination, target switching, i could go on. In most Uld encounters, spriest dps is very comparable to the other dps casters.

We also get a nice mana regen benefit from spirit and at the end of the day having a mana pool equates to dps. Its just a lot harder to equate that figure to dps than say 30% of your spirit = spell damage. That is a figure that is far more quantative and as such get's thrown about on forums like these. Locks for example get very little benefit from spirit in terms of mana regen, so it makes sense they get some advantage somewhere.

You might argue boomkins get the same regen advantage as spriests but their spells are no where near as effecient for DPM and they generally rely on using their innervate to last through encounters and even ninja a feral druid's innervate in some cases. Their class mechanics are based around the fact they can restore their mana pool and as such a lot of their
    spells cost a fortune.

I think you need to stop micro analysing, the game really isn't built that way.

I read like half of what Worshaka said and I'm pretty sure she nailed it. You can't just compare it like that. Also Nesco has a point too. If you compare ability to ability then I'm sure you would find a few things that you have better than a druid, like critting dots for example.

You may want to look into cleaning up your posts and trying to actually format them. It's much easier to read and understand. It's ok to misspell and to even have wrong grammar but you just have no structure at all makes it harder for people to help you and makes it even less likely that they will even want to try to. Periods, my friend, periods.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

boomkins got a spirit buff because innervate will no longer be spirit dependant

since a lot of boomkins have no mana issues at all even without intensity (the mana while casting talent) it would make spirit almost completely useless, and of course there is a slight issue that the current boomkin set is worse in terms of dps than the previous one

Indeed, now you have critting DoTs, but we are nerfed and Druids are overpowered because they gain 150SP more from Spirit..oh dear..

The one thing I would quite like would be if they restored the damage reduction on Pain and Suffering back to 60% less damage taken from SW backlash, instead of the current 30%. Honestly, I cannot really see an area in the game where during the beta, someone called this "overpowered" and decided that it needed to be nerfed.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    The one thing I would quite like would be if they restored the damage reduction on Pain and Suffering back to 60% less damage taken from SW backlash, instead of the current 30%. Honestly, I cannot really see an area in the game where during the beta, someone called this "overpowered" and decided that it needed to be nerfed.
    OMG PRIEST CAN DO INSTANT DAMAGE AND DOTS AT SAME TIME TOO!

OPOPOPOP HAXOP

...something like that? I blame Ret Paladins.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    OMG PRIEST CAN DO INSTANT DAMAGE AND DOTS AT SAME TIME TOO!

OPOPOPOP HAXOP

...something like that? I blame Ret Paladins.
    Hehe, I think it was more along the lines of OMGWTF THAT PRIEST TRIED TO KILL ME AND DIDNT KILL HIMSELF BY ACCIDENT! NOW I HAVE TO ACTUALLY TARGET HIM AND ATTACK WTFHAXFFS!
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by beanfinnalblow
    this is for shadow priests

why is it that we have alot of spirit gear and we get 10% spell power from gear and another 10% if u have the shadow glyph and what i was thinking before was cuz we get the 50% regen thing in disc we dont get alot of SP from spirit so we dont just stack one thing and have infinite mana and tons of SP but druids get the same 50% mana regen and they are getting 30% SP from spirit now and they have just as much spirit on there gear i want our spirit to be just as fair as every one else i know it can be a little op with spirit tap but the spirit from the crit isnt a huge buff u could give us 20% SP from spirit and our glyph gives us 10% to make us equel to other spell caster classesi mean come on i have 700 spirit on my priest which is 70 SP a druid has 700 SP and he gets 210 SP thats a huge diffence
    This is totally unreadable. I can deal with bad spelling, but no punctuation is like a body with no skeleton. This is like a giant flaccid body laying boneless on the floor, puss running from the various logical fallacy-sores all over its inert body.

Seriously, give your ideas some structure.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    You can't single out specific mechanics and compare them directly to another class... classes are not balanced in this way and thus you are going to find all sorts of imbalance by putting a microscope on specifics.

What really matters is what the class does as a package and spriest dps is certainly comparable to Boomkin and Locks. If you wanted to argue to the nth degree, in a fight like patch a lock will spank us but as blizzard have pointed out encounters are rarely tank and spank, they involve movement, co-ordination, target switching, i could go on. In most Uld encounters, spriest dps is very comparable to the other dps casters.

We also get a nice mana regen benefit from spirit and at the end of the day having a mana pool equates to dps. Its just a lot harder to equate that figure to dps than say 30% of your spirit = spell damage. That is a figure that is far more quantative and as such get's thrown about on forums like these. Locks for example get very little benefit from spirit in terms of mana regen, so it makes sense they get some advantage somewhere.

You might argue boomkins get the same regen advantage as spriests but their spells are no where near as effecient for DPM and they generally rely on using their innervate to last through encounters and even ninja a feral druid's innervate in some cases. Their class mechanics are based around the fact they can restore their mana pool and as such a lot of their
    spells cost a fortune.

I think you need to stop micro analysing, the game really isn't built that way.
    ty for a real response i guess ur right they do need a buff with inervate being nerfed but how come tree's dont get a buff with inervates nerf?
    World of Warcraft has just as much right and responsibility to create new lore just as the old Warcraft games and books did.

Fucking deal with it.

and for every one saying why dont we give them critting dots they only have 2 dots and there dots are just a piece of there DPS they gave affliction and spriests critting dots cuz were a dot based class/spec. what u guys are saying is like why dont we give destruction the ability to have critting dots they have them up there in some fights

Fucking deal with it.

No, what they are doing is using your own stupid argument against you. You cannot compare specific class abilities to different classes. It will not work and you will always find some kind of discrepancy.

World of Warcraft classes are balanced based on their OWN class. Not other classes.

If they did base your shadow priest around a balance druid's abilities I'll bet your class would suck.

Also, I will make a required comment to your lack of basic English skills. You suck at writing.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by wtbasoul
    World of Warcraft classes are balanced based on their OWN class. Not other classes.
    I'd like to call shenangians on this one.
    It might be their intention, but balance is nowhere near it.

Take this in pvp for example:
    - Disc is a fortress. 1 DPS (unless top notch rogue) probably isn't enough to down it unless it has no mana left. Awesome utility. Awesome heals. Quite good offensive power. The best (offensive power) of all the healers.
    - Shadow is fail. A shitty CC spell on 2 min cd which is way worse than what the talent did before. Literally no burst. Literally no utility (lol @ replenishment change). If it tries to heal under pressure it will surely go down.
    - Holy doesn't really know what it wants to do. Some nice talents (Body & Soul) but otherwise sub-par when compared to disc.

Our class is nowhere near balanced internally when it comes to pvp.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

i lold at retards qqing about mkins :

15+ Year Old Account

Innervate change will actually be a buff for Moonkins.

The truth about this spirit thing is that Moonkin T8 is loaded with alot of Spirit. Just go and check the amount of Spirit on Balance T8(.5) and compare it with yours, 199/218 Spirit vs. 147/155 Spirit. Druids were asking to remove some but Blizzard said: No, the spirit stays and buffed Imp.Moonkin. Spirit is still the worst-scaling DPS stat for Moonkins even with this change. In short: Moonkins didn't ask to be the "spiritual" DPS, it's however what Blizzard wants even though renown theorycrafters aren't happy with that.

I also believe like others that you cannot compare both classes 1:1, both have different spells, rotations, functionality, efficiency and modifiers. A linear and reflective comparison is impossible, it's like trying to compare apples and pears and demanding genetical changes on pears towards a more apple-like genome after that.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

While it is true you can't compare class talents directly, there is no harm in wishing that spirit was a more useful stat for a shadowpriest. It just doesn't make sense to me, and many others, that the stat spirit actually benefits priests less than other casters (excluding elemental shamans of course).

Spirit has always seemed like a very priestly stat to me and it hurts every time I see a piece of gear with spirit dropping in Ulduar knowing that the warlock, mage and moonkin will get more out of the spirit than me. And this is considering those casters already scale very well with all other stats too.

So why can't priests scale as well with spirit? I know we are doing rather okay damage currently; but that is no argument against wishing to scale with spirit on par with other casters. If increased spirit scaling would mean compensating in other areas (read: nerf) I'd be okay with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yon
    While it is true you can't compare class talents directly, there is no harm in wishing that spirit was a more useful stat for a shadowpriest. It just doesn't make sense to me, and many others, that the stat spirit actually benefits priests less than other casters (excluding elemental shamans of course).

Spirit has always seemed like a very priestly stat to me and it hurts every time I see a piece of gear with spirit dropping in Ulduar knowing that the warlock, mage and moonkin will get more out of the spirit than me. And this is considering those casters already scale very well with all other stats too.

So why can't priests scale as well with spirit? I know we are doing rather okay damage currently; but that is no argument against wishing to scale with spirit on par with other casters. If increased spirit scaling would mean compensating in other areas (read: nerf) I'd be okay with that.
    finally some one understands its anoying reading through all these other retards argueing with points that dont make sense to what i was talking about

Fucking deal with it.