Druid tanking rotation

I'm a feral druid (obviously)...and i'm wondering if anyone's got any sure fire ways of getting threat instantly, and keeping it, i mean i can maintain threat but it takes forever for me to get threat (that's if a warlock isn't going mad dpsing lol)

also, stam or dodge? i got only about 45k hp in bear form unbuffed but 57% dodge buffed, should i change stam gems for agil? or agil for stam?

i know this is alot to ask, i'm currently healing so i'm completely out on sync with druid tanking and lost my confidence, plus it's hard being a female player the boys dont take me seriously wen tanking so i wanna prove i can do a good job.

xxx ;D

Re: Druid tanking rotation

45k life and 57% dodge unbuffed while not knowing what to socket? with your "second" spec on top of that? sorry, i'd like to see your armory profile before i trust you on that.

regarding your questions:
    - use your skills
    - agi if you're content with your current hp (i.e. surviving 2 boss hits w/o any heal)

This is what i do when i tank a pack of mobs.

1, Charge in
    2. Swipe. To pick them all up.
    3. Maul on the main target (i have Glyph of Maul)
    4. Mangle the main target.

After that i just mangle the maintarget whenever the CD is out, and swipe and maul so i keep my agro up on the other mobs.

I dont have the best of gear. You can check out my armory. But it doesnt keep me from holding agro when my almost BiS guildmates goes all out.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...le&n=bullnbear

i'm thinking of boss single tanking, i can get up to about 5-6k tps, but there always seems to be a dps not far behind me... and it seems unfair for me to keep shouting at them to watch their aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by exclusivia
    i'm thinking of boss single tanking, i can get up to about 5-6k tps, but there always seems to be a dps not far behind me... and it seems unfair for me to keep shouting at them to watch their aggro.
    For single target start out with shifting and enraging before (if not specced for KotJ) or right as it starts (w/ KotJ) hit FFF as running in then mangle first have maul qued (shouldnt have rage problems on boss fights ever) hit lacerate once for Rend and tear to become more effective then pop berserk and spam mangle while keeping maul qued, also hit lacerate right when it's about to end and then mangle some more...you should be at around 150k by the time that's all done; At least i usually am.

15+ Year Old Account

Can you provide an armory link for use with you in tank gear. Gives us an idea on what you may be missing talents/hit/expertise ect, also 57% dodge sounds to high even for raid buffs unless your counting trinket proc/s

I usually white hit at least once before entering constant maul rotation, dodging first few hits from a boss can really screw with your rage/threat generation.

Furor, enrage, faerie fire, feral charge as coming to you(dont wait for boss to get to you, dps wont) unless positioning somewhere special, mangle, white hit, lacerate(rend and tear before maul), maul...

I have a little bit of a toss up here whether i stack my lacerate up to 5 before i berserk or berserk and just slowly stack it before it rolls off. Stacking before zerk is more total threat but zerk itself is faster more immediate threat, most raids will have missdirect or a tricks of the trade at the pull so don't need the more immediate innitial threat.
    Also demo roar first thing or after into full rotation depends on this as well, the threat per rage isn't as good as your other attacks early in rotation but is mitigation for your heals if you dont have another person doing it etc.

Stop stacking stamina. Start stacking agility. If you have 45k unbuffed HP then you do not have 57% dodge, if you have 57% dodge then you do not have 45k unbuffed HP.

berserk is the answer to getting threat instantly. also, if you see someone is above you on threat and about to pull aggro then you can risk using a taunt to put you back up above them. the problem with this is that if someone else pulls aggro less than 8 seconds after that then you won't have a taunt to use.

I would get 1 lacerate up before berserking, waiting for 5 stacks will take a while and you only need 1 lacerate to get the bonus damage on maul.

So finally, on a boss where threat is going to be big from the start:
    1. enrage
    2. feral faerie fire
    3. charge
    4. mangle
    5. lacerate + maul
    6. berserk

if you can't hold threat with that then there's no hope for you.