(Holy Gear) could you please ask blizzard...

Hi, I am rather new here so if I am posting in the wrong area, I would very much appreciate knowing. I won't get into a huge angry rant over the matter, I just would like to know what someone from blizzard has to say regarding holy paladin gear in Ulduar. Clearly there is a fairly large number of holy paladins that are very displeased with the extraordinary amounts of mp5/haste and no crit gear. Paladins in my guild are discussing for the most part to just stay in T7 until off-set upgrades, typically cloth or mail, drop. I won't even get into the T8 bonuses (namely the 2 piece). I just would like to know what's blizzard's opinion on all of this? Are they still planning on changing paladins in some way to make the plate healing gear in Ulduar worth our attention? Could there possibly be some changes coming up to Ulduar plate healing gear to make it all better?

I read a previous blue post on MMO champ that said blizzard did not want classes to be out of their normal armor type (like warriors in leather), but when elemental shaman gear and even some cloth gear is incredibly better than the plate healing gear, something is very wrong.

Lastly, I was looking over some of these "BiS Ulduar" holy pally lists on the forums and I notice a majority of items are also hard mode drops. I get that because hard mode drops should probably be the best but what's left out is that there is quite literally nothing else to get inbetween T7sh items and those hard mode drops because heroic-non hard mode loot for the most part is itemized so terribly bad.

Re: (Holy Gear) could you please ask blizzard...

Well macready i am a holy paladin to and for as far I have seen I can get like 9 items in total from ulduar not counting hard mode items. Have to admit that it feels like they wanna force us to use MP5 gear.

since paladins can just stack a lot of haste/crit to counter the nerf from divine plea and with a large manapool the mana regen from divine plea gets more then enough to not need MP5. plus crit gives us some mana back to, tbh MP5 is the worst stat for a holy paladin dont get it to why blizz bombards us with plate MP5. would indeed be nice if someone knows anything more about this.

I completely agree with you. I would love to get into the minds of the designers to see what they are trying to do with the Ulduar gear. Since there has been silence, I just assume they are stealth nerfing pallies. The 2 piece specifically needs clarification. It is a great concept, but 15%?????? How can we get them to respond to practically everyone's frustration?

Yeah, the 2 piece T8 is 15% over 9 seconds. I like to think I am pretty well geared for a holy pally and my holy shock unbuffed crits for 7k. 15% of that is barely over 1000. Other healing classes HoTs tick for more than that in a single tick. I'm assuming since it is over 9 seconds it will be divided it 3 3second ticks. So I'll be getting 350sh a tick with that bonus. A very terrible HoT if you ask me.

STORY OF THE SILENT PALLY NERF

:setting blizzard development room:

All the of the blizzard healing development team gather in a dark air conditioned room somewhere in the depths of blizzards secret head quaters....
    A chill permeates the air, and the leader of shaman development starts to speak. "Friends as we all know Holy pallys are starting to put us out of the healing job, guilds are shunning priest's, druids and shamans alike to get more holy pallies." he states staring into the faces of his colleges, "As we all know holy pallies have superior haste, crit, manapools, and spell power options compaired to the other 3 healing class's and an uncanny ability to never run out of mana" his voice lingers in the room, stirring the curiosity of his the other development teams.
    " As you can all see the paladin development team is out celebrating on the huge 'success' they have created for their class. Gentlemen i propose that we act all together and immediately, as you all know patch 3.1 and the release of Ulduar is upon us. If holy pallies keep getting the large upgrades from their gear like that from Naxx we will all be put out of raids entirely. My proposal is that we change the stats on all holy pally gear, starting with their most valued stat... crit rating! this is their secret to massive healing and mana longevity that is why i propose to nerf it." his statement stuns the other developers, "But that would mean altering the items already existing!" says an alarmed priest developer, "exactly why I have brought in the help of some of the tecs", resumes the shaman developer, "they have agreed to let us alter the stats on holy pally gear under one condition..."

:meeting goes on for sometime while they discuss the particulars of the gear and the conditions set by the tecs:

" So it's settled then! crit will be converted to mp5, and more haste will be added. Also druids suggest that we give them more damage reduction on their T8 set instead on giving them a holy set bonus..."
    The meeting of the healing development team adjourns with a sigh of relief and a sense of mischief floating in the air.

atch 3.1 launches and cry's of misery erupt on forum sites like mm-champion from holy pally communities everywhere, the cry of why? rings through the air but not one answer comes, Only a big *haha we nerfed you* feeling lingers:

-note this not the way it happened (probably), I just tried to think of the most ridiculous thing out there and came up with many things; this being one of them. Hope you laughed alittle

Cute story Koss, one flaw in it though. It wouldn't be a Shaman developer, it would be a Priest one.

The Shaman developer is too busy giving the "class balance" designers a reach around for the MST/BOW change not realizing that although Resto can now drop HST, they got screwed because of the nerf to Elemental dps.

Besides the Shaman developer wouldn't have been invited because of all the death threats he sent to the Priest developer over the whole "good at any role" debacle with raid healing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

LOL ill have to keep that in mind, I just thought shaman would be the most vocal out of the 3 other healing class's, priests n druids come off as goody-two-shoes to me