Hard mode tanking gear

As far I know, tanks lack hard mode chest, helm, wrists, waist, shoulders and shield. Maybe because they weren't discovered yet, but if that's not true, then GG blizzard.

Re: Hard mode tanking gear

I won't be doing the hard modes myself anytime soon, so it doesn't bother me yet. However, I have been looking through the various hard mode loots on 10 man out of curiosity. My guild can do 25 man Naxx, but we only have enough good/well geared players right now for 10 man Ulduar. Anyway, as a tank I have also been rather disappointed in the hard mode loot. It looks to be pretty unbalanced away from tanks.

Just a question... but Sarth's loot for 2 drakes didn't contain a full tanking set or enough gear to cover all every gear spec, so the fact that the same applies to ulduar isn't a huge problem.

Alot of the hard modes are designed in a way that upgrades for DPS or healers are more important then a tank getting a minor upgrade. Alot of the encounters are massive dps races, and alot of damage that should be avoided, like Mimiron. If my tank is in good 25man ulduar easy mode gear, I'd rather make sure that my dps is decked out in order to beat the timer.

15+ Year Old Account

i think the loot goes hand in hand with other aspects of tanking gear selection. even the quest rewards to the last boss has no tanking items. just seems like blizzard added the minimum tank gear per slot then said ok grap dps items when you have it all.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassShardx
    Just a question... but Sarth's loot for 2 drakes didn't contain a full tanking set or enough gear to cover all every gear spec, so the fact that the same applies to ulduar isn't a huge problem.

Alot of the hard modes are designed in a way that upgrades for DPS or healers are more important then a tank getting a minor upgrade. Alot of the encounters are massive dps races, and alot of damage that should be avoided, like Mimiron. If my tank is in good 25man ulduar easy mode gear, I'd rather make sure that my dps is decked out in order to beat the timer.
    I don't think me or the OP said anything about a full tanking slot. However, there are essentially 3 roles in raids: tanking, healing, dps. With these drops, most of them are for DPS, some are for heals, and few are for tanks. Also, Sarth is not a good example because it is a single boss. There are quite a few Ulduar hard modes, giving Blizzard plenty of chances to spread the loot around to everyone.

Finally, the primary objective of any regular raiding guild is to gear up tanks/healers first. When these two are in place and over geared, raiding generally is much easier. Now, with timed hard modes, obviously DPS needs to be geared very well too, but some hard modes also include more dmg only or as well. It is pretty discouraging to be trying to prepare for hard modes only to discover there's really no loot for you to get in choosing to do the hard mode. Sure, it's fun to go for the challenge, achievement, etc, but getting loot is still one of the best parts of raiding, especially since it helps make future runs a bit easier.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo831
    I don't think me or the OP said anything about a full tanking slot. However, there are essentially 3 roles in raids: tanking, healing, dps. With these drops, most of them are for DPS, some are for heals, and few are for tanks. Also, Sarth is not a good example because it is a single boss. There are quite a few Ulduar hard modes, giving Blizzard plenty of chances to spread the loot around to everyone.

Finally, the primary objective of any regular raiding guild is to gear up tanks/healers first. When these two are in place and over geared, raiding generally is much easier. Now, with timed hard modes, obviously DPS needs to be geared very well too, but some hard modes also include more dmg only or as well. It is pretty discouraging to be trying to prepare for hard modes only to discover there's really no loot for you to get in choosing to do the hard mode. Sure, it's fun to go for the challenge, achievement, etc, but getting loot is still one of the best parts of raiding, especially since it helps make future runs a bit easier.
    QFT

How come the only hard mode shield is for healer *cough* *cough* it should be at least a hard mode shield for tanks.
    ilvl 226 is the same ilvl of Wall of Terror

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ot_9722_29.jpg

Its a hard mode sheild :P hodir 10 tho lawl i226