Page 1 of 3
LastLast

05/07 In-Game Fixes, Blue posts

Recent In-Game Fixes - 05/07
    Originally Posted by Crygil (Blue Tracker)
    Listed below are recent fixes we have applied to the game. Keep in mind that some of these changes may not be active until after the realm has been restarted.

5/7/09
    • The Impale ability used by the Iron Ring Guards in the Thorim encounter should now hit the player tanking them and only that player tanking them.
    • The damage done by Swamplord Musel’ek’;s Aimed Shot ability has been reduced and be more in line for players at the appropriate level to face him.
    • We have corrected an issue with the two-piece set bonus for the Paladin set, Conqueror’s Aegis. Holy Mending no longer costs additional mana.
    • We recently made a change to the sell value of Nerubian Legguards. The material costs used to create this item were unintentionally low, and we were prompted to make changes to minimize the impact on the game's economy.
    Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Rating requirements changes on ilvl 239 PvP Weapons
    We had to think pretty long term on this and make the change rather quickly before the PvP 239 items started flowing. The weapons on Algalon were included in other hard mode encounters so it doesn't require an Algalon kill to get them. Over time more than zero people will kill Algalon though and we should see a decent chunk of players with the ilvl 239 weapons, hopefully it's not too much though. (Source)

The balancing between PvE and PvP is an estimate on our side but we figured it was better to make the change now instead of waiting until a good chunk into the season or just waiting for next season. (Source)

Healing in Raids
    Mimiron phase 2 is pretty insane to heal. But phase 1 and phase 3 feel pretty different. Then phase 4 is crazy again. Even in phase 2 a lot of the damage is avoidable. I know some players on this forum have felt before that they are still unfairly blamed when dps die when standing in fires, but in my experience, it's pretty easy to tell when someone failed to move out of the rockets.

Another way to think about it is that in Naxxramas if you brought a healer to the raid for the first time, there aren't too many things you'd have to explain. "Heal the MT," or "Heal the raid," are plenty of advice for most fights. There's nothing wrong with that for the first tier of raid content. But in Ulduar there is more ebb and flow to the battle. You need to know when and where the big damage moments are coming. You need to know when to give it all you've got. (Source)

Mana regeneration still powerful in Raids
    To be honest, despite all of the nerfs, mana regeneration still doesn't seem to be an issue for healers in Ulduar. You can often still afford to cast your largest heals and not care about overhealing because the risk of people dying feels like a far greater risk than running out of mana.

We're not sure that will lead to us making any additional nerfs at this time (and Replenishment would probably be the target if we needed to.) So far we're really happy with how the various fights in Ulduar feel. There are very intense moments (like Frozen Blows) but there are breaks as well (in between Mimiron phases for example). Many of the fights are dynamic -- you heal in one fashion at times (say MT healing) and then another fashion at other times (say raid healing during add moment or big AE spells). There aren't too many times where you're just spamming your spells every cooldown or GCD, and when it happens it's not necessarily for too long.

That said, we think we can still make healing more interesting. (Source)

Boosting classes instead of nerfing them?
    If we were to do this, there would be more problems than you may first imagine. The problem here is this: As an example, take an ability that is a little too strong and performs with an advantage we did not foresee. If we were to fix this through only buffing classes or abilities to restore a little more order, then we would have to buff every other class in a way that made the original problem less of an issue. Performing multiple buffs across all classes to counter one 'overpowered' element is something that may only lead to further unforeseen issues. We may also end up with people running around with 90,000 hitpoints to counter the 23,000 crits flying their way... and whilst big numbers are fun, they are not necessarily the best solution.

We do know that receiving a nerf is not the nicest feeling in the world, and that receiving a buff often makes your day much brighter, but ultimately changes are made in the most efficient and logical way possible. (Source)

Paladin (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Exorcism in 3.1.2 and 3.2
    We are considering making Exorcism not work against players or pets for 3.1.2. It would be a PvE only ability. In 3.2 we still intend to make it work differently. (Source)

Warrior (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Juggernaut
    We may yet make Juggernaut changes, but we don't have any to announce yet. (Source)

Re: 05/07 In-Game Fixes, Blue posts

Wait, what? No Ulduar nerfs this time.
    Wondering where that Underbog boss nerf comes from tho, weird time to fix it.

"# The damage done by Swamplord Musel’ek’;s Aimed Shot ability has been reduced and be more in line for players at the appropriate level to face him."

17k hits on normal suck -.-

Exorcism worked on demons and undead before, so the only real change here is versus hunter pets. We don't think this is a gigantic problem given that we've already said we plan to redesign how Exorcism works. If hunters are too weak in Arena, it's unlikely that Exorcism is the cause.
    Same thread, only a few pages earlier - again, QQ wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Xidura
    Wait, what? No Ulduar nerfs this time.
    Wondering where that Underbog boss nerf comes from tho, weird time to fix it.
    That aint patchnotes or smth, only random blue posts on the boards.

Nerfs only come with new PTR builds.

Quote Originally Posted by stupid11
    You'd fucking better do that. Holy shit. Hotfix: We don't want Exorcism in PVP. O WAIT YES WE DO, JUST ON THE WEAKEST TARGETS IN THE ENTIRE ARENA. THAT SOUNDS GOOD.

Like wtf? If it was too much damage on PLAYERS with RESILIENCE, HOW THE FUCK IS IT BALANCED TO BE ABLE TO HIT PETS WITH IT?????
    Dear Lord, on belhaf of the normal people on this forum can you not create all your posts where you insult everything and everyone with your swearing and caps rage? I mean come on, every post you made lately is just like this one I quoted.

The Impale ability used by the Iron Ring Guards in the Thorim encounter should now hit the player tanking them and only that player tanking them.
    This was a bit annoying so glad it changed. The dps/healers in the gauntlet had to stay too far behind the tank due to this and in hardmode, every second counts. Was really crappy when they got a bit too close to see them get oneshotted all of the sudden.
    /hug

Quote Originally Posted by nestor
    Remove the charge stun imo
    A horrible idea, not only would it make the skill useless against mvoing targets, it would take away in interrupt from warriors, which would have PvP consequences.
    Megademon [110] Warlock - Area 52 (US)
    Tailoring/Enchanting

Quote Originally Posted by SyncMaster
    That aint patchnotes or smth, only random blue posts on the boards.

Nerfs only come with new PTR builds.
    If you've been watching the latest blue posts a bit, there's atleast over 50 Ulduar nerfs.
    All of them were hotfixed, today.. more hotfixes were applied and no Ulduar nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by nestor
    Remove the charge stun imo
    2nded, worst idea ever.

"Hi I'm in range now! let me run up to you with all my abilites on GCD so you get a free hit!"

I think the change they're talking about is the crit chance for slam and overpower being 100% after a charge in the arms tree. I don't wanna see it nerfed, but it probably could be. I say... 99.8% instead. *halo*

Quote Originally Posted by stupid11
    You'd fucking better do that. Holy shit. Hotfix: We don't want Exorcism in PVP. O WAIT YES WE DO, JUST ON THE WEAKEST TARGETS IN THE ENTIRE ARENA. THAT SOUNDS GOOD.

Like wtf? If it was too much damage on PLAYERS with RESILIENCE, HOW THE FUCK IS IT BALANCED TO BE ABLE TO HIT PETS WITH IT?????
    Take a chill pill, geez. Is a 15sec cooldown ability hitting around 2-3k non crit so extremely huge against the pets? So what, after this change I won't be able to use Exorcism on demons or undead? What kind of sense does that make?
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

We are considering making Exorcism not work against players or pets for 3.1.2.
    Seriously guys:

In order for GC and Blizzard to even CONSIDER to make exorcism not work on pets, or to even REALISE that Exorcism was broken, it took:

1. Perhaps 10 or 20 Hunters and Hunter alts (and God knows how many Warlocks) getting banned at the US and EU forums and the same number of threads getting locked, because they dared to suggest that Ret damage was way beyond OP, and that Ret itself is the most broken DPS spec ever to have hit the World of Warcraft since the "World of Roguecraft" fan movie three years ago.

2. Still, after all the commotion, they are "considering" it.

3. What will happen after this change, is basically that Rets will no longer be able to two-shoot (literally) Beast Mastery Cunning and Tenacity pets with 16k hit points. They will just four-shoot them, i.e. instead of spending two seconds to kill a BM tenacity or cunning pet, they will now spend four.

After the above, and similar incidents in the past, am I unjustified to propose that Blizzard does not play their own game? Am I now?
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor
    Take a chill pill, geez. Is a 15sec cooldown ability hitting around 2-3k non crit so extremely huge against the pets? So what, after this change I won't be able to use Exorcism on demons or undead? What kind of sense does that make?
    They should actually make it useable against warlock demonform again.

Quote Originally Posted by SyncMaster
    They should actually make it useable against warlock demonform again.
    I wholeheartedly agree.
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

Juggernaut qq, oh my god. once warriors are a little bit strong they're going to nerf it - Look at friggin paladins, that's right I said it. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Vehemence
    Juggernaut qq, oh my god. once warriors are a little bit strong they're going to nerf it - Look at friggin paladins, that's right I said it. ;D
    Imho, you are right. Warriors are nowhere nearly OP as Rets are. Honestly, it's a fair fight versus a warrior. I feel it's like 50-50%. Rets though kill me in 6 seconds (non-stunned), and I have got exactly 864 resilience in PvP gear, not to mention Darkmoon Card: Berserker (another 35x3 resilience, total 969 resilience).

Screenie:

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2220/864resilience.jpg
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe
    Imho, you are right. Warriors are nowhere nearly OP as Rets are. Honestly, it's a fair fight versus a warrior. I feel it's like 50-50%. Rets though kill me in 6 seconds (non-stunned), and I have got exactly 864 resilience in PvP gear.

Screenie:

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2220/864resilience.jpg
    stop the qq, l2play

also if ret kill you in 6 seconds u fucking need to learn to kite...

game isn't balanced ,yeah but u know why? it's becuz of nubs like u, a whole waves of nooobs who didn't even touch arena and post this bullshit on official forums

Healing in Raids
    Mimiron phase 2 is pretty insane to heal. But phase 1 and phase 3 feel pretty different. Then phase 4 is crazy again. Even in phase 2 a lot of the damage is avoidable. I know some players on this forum have felt before that they are still unfairly blamed when dps die when standing in fires, but in my experience, it's pretty easy to tell when someone failed to move out of the rockets. (Source)
    It is easy to tell when someone failed to move out of the rockets - THEY DIE. The other avoidable damage in phase 2 is the laser, and you can tell when someone fails to move out of that as well - THEY DIE.
    So although it's technically correct to say "a lot" of the damage is avoidable, when the only avoidable damage in phase 2 is set in the millions-per-second it is, in practice, completely wrong.
    All of the actual damage to be healed is raid-wide and unavoidable random splash.

That said, it makes me realise why they nerfed Ulduar when the post this Blue responds to essentially reads "I don't know how to heal and this encounter is really hard for me, defend yourself." For the love of god, put down the chain heal button and think about what and how you're healing. That's what we got in 3.0, use it now in the raid that Blizzard said would actually be a challenge (and appears to be for a disturbingly large portion of the forums).

Quote Originally Posted by Xetrov
    stop the qq, l2play

That's right. I have been playing my Hunter (this toon) since the 21st January, 2006, I can kite any and all classes in game except Rets, and I clearly need to L2P and L2Kite. I also need to L2STACK MOAR REZILIANZ. 969 resilience versus a Ret isn't enough apparently.

15+ Year Old Account

Stop nerfing warriors please....
    The 10% dps nerf is still itchy and not yet cicatrized...

Quote Originally Posted by Xetrov
    stop the qq, l2play

game isn't balanced ,yeah but u know why? it's becuz of nubs like u, a whole waves of nooobs who didn't even touch arena and post this bullshit on official forums
    Looks like I touched a vein