Thread: disc lvling

disc lvling

im thinkin a turning my currently shadow priest to disc to lvl up, he is 43 atm. plz tell me how it s for lvling and if it is a good idea

Re: disc lvling

I'd suggest leveling with shadow untill you're level 60.

From that point you can go Disc. With the smite glyph.

The rotation you should use.

PW:S -> Penance -> Holy Fire -> Smite -> Mind Blast -> Penance/SW.

I leveled with a disc spec, and this worked fine.. Make sure to spec spirit tap ASAP after you get Penance.
    During the first few levels into 60 it's not that needed, but after that. It becomes a must.

Imo it's better to lvl as a Shadow priest. Priest got one dmg spec and this is shadow, so to lvl the fastest way, you should choose Shadow. Disc may be fun ofc, but Shadow is best for pure lvl'ing.

As a side note to the op if your contemplating the switch to lvl as disc to heal instances along the way its easily doable as a shadow until 80. I lvled as shadow and had little to no problems healing 5 mans with friends. Obviously your millage may very in a pug setting, but then again well geared priests will have the same issues...

Regardless of the specifics, you should spec whatever you enjoy levelling as. If you hate Shadow, then levelling as it will feel longer than levelling as a spec you have fun with.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

31/0/3

Discipline is fine for leveling. I would imagine it been slightly slower than shadow but the difference is trivial if you enjoy it more than shadow.

Just remember to use Power Infusion and Inner Focus every cooldown.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Xel
    31/0/3

Discipline is fine for leveling. I would imagine it been slightly slower than shadow but the difference is trivial if you enjoy it more than shadow.

Just remember to use Power Infusion and Inner Focus every cooldown.
    This.

I don't see the big thing about levelling as shadow. Spirit Tap from Shadow >is< a must (I regret not taking it for levelling, and love it in my Holy/Disc daily spec), but otherwise there should be no real issues. All I can suggest is possibly chuck some talents in Holy at a later stage. +5% Crit, cast time reduction and +10% Smite/Holy Fire damage are too good to pass.
    >Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<

I just finished leveling the priest and here is how i did it.

10 - 30'ish Shadow.. i found that i was struggeling allot with mana, and the kills where rather slow, the first few levels i kept telling myself that it would get better once i got mindflay, but it didnt help that much.

at some point after this i was just bored of questing, and decided to do some bg's for fun, went disipline for a while, and i did enjoy it in the battlegrounds. Once while waiting for a bg to pop up, i went to do some quests, and i was surprised how easy it was, soon i specced into spirit tap and i quickly mastered the method, with pulling 4 - 5 mobs at a time and just never stop going, i became very skeptic of shadow and kept on going as disc.

Lvl 41! Decided to go shadow since i had reached the range for shadowform, i tried it for a while and it went rather fast killing the mobs, but considering how many mobs i was killing at once as disc (Dot and holy nova) it was still allot slower, so i went back to disc and continued.

Lvl 72, at a point here i realized that i was merely killing a single mob at a time, and the cooldown on mindblast, holy fire and penance left me standing doing nothing at times, dragging out fights a bit too much. at the same time i was starting to have mana problems for reasons unknown, so again i tried shadow.
    This time it was Godlike! a very very comfortable rotation, along with endless mana.
    Soon i got dualspec and went both specs, disc for instancing and pvp and shadow for soloing.