Thread: Crippling

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Crippling

in my opinion, the only reason why rogues are so powerfull in arena is Crippling poison.
    Muti rogues (wich 99% of all the pvp rogues are) have a talent to make it proc from Wound poison, instant and mind numbing poison, it practicly has 90% proc rate, from any attack, and does not cost any energie or gcd.
    and i forgot to mention, it reduces movement speed by 70%

in my opinion, this is one, if not the only thing rogues has that makes them so good in arena.

ofc i am warrior, i shouldnt moan all that much with Spamstring, (yes i know QQ a warrior)
    for all i care, just reduce the movement speed reduction to 50% or perhaps 55%, but 70% is way to much

this should, nerf the Priest/rogue setup by a large amount,
    and all you rogues/priests that say it doesnt need a nerf, then u either suck hard, or you need to get your head of of your ass
    this nerf should atleast make it possible for teams like mine warrior/paladin, to keep the priest of my paladin and away from mana burns, and dont start "Your paladins should not LoS" cause they still need to heal me with the rogue on my ass

a rogue has alot of mitigation, yes dodge -> overpower, but i do miss alot of Mortal strikes (wich btw, like my hamstring cost rage and a gcd)
    its not only warrior/paladin teams, its practicly any team that has a melee other then a rogue

if u do not agree, give me a reason why, like i have given my reasons why i think the priest/rogue setup is so powerfull.
    i would also like to hear suggestions on how, if u agree, to make this nerf humane

- reduce movement reduction speed to 50% in its current state
    - Reduce the energie cost of shiv to 10/5 energie, for any speed of weapon, and when you use Shiv, you cripple your target reducing movement speed by 70% (this should make it abit harder on a rogue, other then just bashing all your buttons, putting out max dmg and crippling/wounding your target)

thx in advance,
    Grtz Powell
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Re: Crippling

Quote Originally Posted by Powell
    in my opinion, the only reason why rogues are so powerfull in arena is Crippling poison.
    Muti rogues (wich 99% of all the pvp rogues are) have a talent to make it proc from Wound poison, instant and mind numbing poison, it practicly has 90% proc rate, from any attack, and does not cost any energie or gcd.

in my opinion, this is one, if not the only thing rogues has that makes them so good in arena.

ofc i am warrior, i shouldnt moan all that much with Spamstring, (yes i know QQ a warrior)
    for all i care, just reduce the movement speed reduction to 50% or perhaps 55%, but 70% is way to much

and all you rogues/priests that say it doesnt need a nerf, then u either suck hard, or you need to get your head of of your ass
    this nerf should atleast make it possible for teams like mine warrior/paladin, to keep the priest of my paladin and away from mana burns, and dont start "Your paladins should not LoS" cause they still need to heal me with the rogue on my ass

a rogue has alot of mitigation, yes dodge -> overpower, but i do miss alot of Mortal strikes (wich btw, like my hamstring cost rage and a gcd)
    its not only warrior/paladin teams, its practicly any team that has a melee other then a rogue

if u do not agree, give me a reason why, like i have given my reasons why i think the priest/rogue setup is so powerfull.
    i would also like to hear suggestions on how, if u agree, to make this nerf humane

- Reduce the energie cost of shiv to 10/5 energie, for any speed of weapon, and when you use Shiv, you cripple your target reducing movement speed by 70% (this should make it abit harder on a rogue, other then just bashing all your buttons, putting out max dmg and crippling/wounding your target)

thx in advance,
    Grtz Powell
    I feed on your tears.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

I'm honestly frightened by what is taking place on the BlizzCon forum.

if they give us shadowstep trainable i agree.....remember that all melee classes have catchup moves,,,, charge,DG ,ferals have charge ...

Im not rogue but isn't it the only slow(non talent) expect the throw??
    how is a melee going to live with out slow??

Quote Originally Posted by epestrepsa
    if they give us shadowstep trainable i agree.....remember that all melee classes have catchup moves,,,, charge,DG ,ferals have charge ...

You have a 90% chance to always open on the target, int he time of stuns they will be crippled, you also have sprint, shadowstep is not needed my friend.

JUST NORMALISE SLOWS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte
    Im not rogue but isn't it the only slow(non talent) expect the throw??
    how is a melee going to live with out slow??
    There dont need a 70% slow that doesnt need a global to apply...

You bring a a bad name for warriors everywhere.

Rogues have been the one class we have eaten whole since forever and just beacuse you have it hard to do it now when they have gotten some anti warrior abilitys you myst qq about something that has been there since vanilla?

god damnit you have 12sec cd on charge and 25sec on intercept (pvp specc and pvp gear) and you cant catch a rogue?
    Pay a man enough, and he'll walk barefoot into hell

Quote Originally Posted by Neheb

Rogues have been the one class we have eaten whole since forever and just beacuse you have it hard to do it now when they have gotten some anti warrior abilitys you myst qq about something that has been there since vanilla?

god damnit you have 12sec cd on charge and 25sec on intercept (pvp specc and pvp gear) and you cant catch a rogue?
    I agree with this, i havent played my rogue since tbc. but warriors are a pain.

And hell, since i am in a bad mood atm.

OP, you are so fucking lame, you cant beat a class because you have no skills - so you whine a bout it on a fan forum.
    The fact of the mather is, you fucking suck at this game. maybe you should invest your time elsewhere.

Edit : it just came to me, you never played a rogue.
    FFS this is just to sad to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Neheb

rogue vs warrior 1v1 is not 2v2 arena....
    the setup is just extremely powerfull this season, i didnt say "omg that shit is OP, nerf it to the ground!"
    i just stated that if you nerfed crippling, it might actually cripple the setup
    and wtf, i wasnt moaning about not being able to reach the rogue, read of god sakes, i was QQing about not being able to stop the priest from mana burning my partner, and that doesnt only go for warriors, 70% speed reduction + stuns > 50% speed reduction, and a charge that gets me no where near the priest, since its been bugged "since vanilla"

Quote Originally Posted by Gzilia

OP, you are so fucking lame, you cant beat a class because you have no skills - so you whine a bout it on a fan forum.
    The fact of the mather is, you fucking suck at this game. maybe you should invest your time elsewhere.

i reckon u dont even know what arena is, its just me vs a rogue right? ya owke, go troll somewhere else.
    i never said anything about "OMG I CANT BEAT A ROGUE, NERF THEM", look at the arena representation, 25% priests 25% rogues, - zomg, no shit?

i do know that warriors have also become very powerfull in arena, but that does not mean that there should be 1 setup trampling all the other teams

There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

thx in advance,
    Grtz Powell
    This is coming from a rogue that has played all 5 seasons, and is taking a breather for season 6.

Not counting the Season 3 and 4 days where an MS warrior with rng would rip my face off while overpowering me through my dodge....i might be inclined to agree with you.....

HOWEVER, i don't and i will explain why

1. "in my opinion, the only reason why rogues are so powerfull in arena is Crippling poison"
    I'm glad your opinion doesnt count because that is dead on wrong. We are powerful in arenas due to our utilities and knowing when to use our cooldowns. WoW was never balanced about 1v1, so if this is a "QQ i got bleed kited" then you need to get over it. We have evasion, dismantle, sprint, stuns, prep, shadowstep, etc etc. Against a healer/dps set up, i am forced to add shiv in my rotation (which uses energy) because a good healer is usually spamming the crap out of his cleanse button.

2. 99% of rogues are not mutilate. I do not know the exact percentage but there are many shadowstep hybrids/shadow dance/ Combat/pre rogues out there.

3. If you have ever taken a look at a rogues tree specs or abilities, you will realize that we do not have any "Reduction to dispell mechanics" abilities. Which means, if there is crippling on you, and you cleanse it, it comes off. So blizzard added "deadly brew" so they wound and mindnumbing poison can "protect" crippling, or vice versa.

4 Yes, crippling poison does reduce movement speed by 70% and it can also be cleansed and dispelled by almost all healers. A warrior ability such as hamstring i would have to trinket because my healer can not cleanse that.

5. "in my opinion, this is one, if not the only thing rogues has that makes them so good in arena" Again, i am glad your opinion does not count, because if a 70% movement reduction is all i had going for me, i would reroll a dk and faceroll to 2200 in a heartbeat. As mindless as people think playing a rogue is, we do have to use our cooldowns in exactly the right way during a situation or we lose. If we cloak too early, we die, if we trinket too early we die, if we evasion late we die...etc etc.

6. "and all you rogues/priests that say it doesnt need a nerf, then u either suck hard, or you need to get your head of of your ass" I believe you are the one QQ about an ability that your paladin can cleanse over and over and over again. And how do you see this nerf as effecting rogue/priest comps? Here is a scenario for you to think of.

Rogue saps pally, priest dots up warrior, rogue opens on warrior, pally trinkets the sap and gets feared by the priest, pally bubbles to heal warrior, priest mass dispels, paladin gets blinded, warrior is permastunned during this whole encountered and or dismantled to do any damage and is dead.

7. "this nerf should atleast make it possible for teams like mine warrior/paladin, to keep the priest of my paladin and away from mana burns, and dont start "Your paladins should not LoS" cause they still need to heal me with the rogue on my ass" I FAIL to see how nerfing crippling poison will keep the priest away from your pally, since all you have to do is go zerker stance, intercept, hamstring.

8. "a rogue has alot of mitigation, yes dodge -> overpower" I have Full Season 5 gear including 4 piece deadly 1 piece hateful and full off piece deadly and i have 25% dodge. Dodge is not the king as it used to be in prior seasons. Also it has diminishing returns so it is not at 25% at all times. However i only PvP with 4 piece deadly, and the rest nax 25 best in slots including a calamitys grasp and 2 sinister revenges. Which at that point my dodge drops down to 19%

9. "but i do miss alot of Mortal strikes (wich btw, like my hamstring cost rage and a gcd)" Why are you not hit capped? I am hit capped which is 5% if you didnt know, and i RARELY miss an eviscarate or kidney or anything else.

10. "its not only warrior/paladin teams, its practicly any team that has a melee other then a rogue" Please give me some examples ? Feral Druids and shapeshift? Ret pallys and freedom? DKs and deathgrip? Warriors and intercept?

11. "if u do not agree, give me a reason why, like i have given my reasons why i think the priest/rogue setup is so powerfull" I have given all my reasons to your questions and comments but i still FAIL to see how you went from Crippling poison 70% movement reduction is OP to Priest/rogue 2v2 is OP.

12. "Reduce the energie cost of shiv to 10/5 energie, for any speed of weapon, and when you use Shiv, you cripple your target reducing movement speed by 70% (this should make it abit harder on a rogue, other then just bashing all your buttons, putting out max dmg and crippling/wounding your target)" I would love my enery cost of shiv to be reduced to 5 energy . Would you like to know why? BECAUSE WHEN A HEALER IS MASHING HIS CLEANSE BUTTON, THEN I CAN MASH ME SHIV BUTTON FASTER TO APPLY THE POISON IN MY OFFHAND ON THE TARGET.

Seems like you did 0 homework on the actual rogue class and its ability and why we are so viable in pvp. Also, you did even LESS homework on the priest/rogue comp to understand why it too is so viable in 2v2.

BUT...i do know what you did....you went I R PLATE....Partner IS PLATE 2, WE ROXorz ARENAs ROFLMAO. WHy we lose to leather and clothie I EAT CLOTHIE Why puny rogue kill PLATE PALLY.....ZOMFGIMBANERFNAO. *logs into MMO champion* Durrr WHy Me and pally lose to rogue priest again....durrr...durrr O YAR i not move so fast *Clicks on new post* "NERF CRIPPLING POISON"

You sir, need to find a mage, get an intelect buff, and try this whole thing one more time.

EDIT: WHO DOES YOUR PALLY USE HAND OF FREEDOM ON FFS IF THE ROGUE IS ON YOU....i just realized this......Serious question....who DOES the pally use FREEDOM ON!
    "Retribution Paladins are the Eddy Gordo's of World of Warcraft"

rogue vs warrior 1v1 is not 2v2 arena....
    the setup is just extremely powerfull this season, i didnt say "omg that shit is OP, nerf it to the ground!"
    i just stated that if you nerfed crippling, it might actually cripple the setup
    and wtf, i wasnt moaning about not being able to reach the rogue, read of god sakes, i was QQing about not being able to stop the priest from mana burning my partner, and that doesnt only go for warriors, 70% speed reduction + stuns > 50% speed reduction, and a charge that gets me no where near the priest, since its been bugged "since vanilla"

i reckon u dont even know what arena is, its just me vs a rogue right? ya owke, go troll somewhere else.
    i never said anything about "OMG I CANT BEAT A ROGUE, NERF THEM", look at the arena representation, 25% priests 25% rogues, - zomg, no shit?

i do know that warriors have also become very powerfull in arena, but that does not mean that there should be 1 setup trampling all the other teams

Am i missing something? Are we talking about Season 5?...i am so lost. I am 155% sure that the DK/Pally Set up was the extremely powerful group in 2v2 this season.

Crippliing poison has NOTHING to do on the set up and being in tune with chain CC and stuns. Rogue/Priest has more utility and is a direct counter to Warrior/Pally, That is all.

Ok i am going to tell you what your role is in PVP. You as a warrior, which is not a hybrid spec of any sort must put out the MOST possible damage EVER in the shortest amount of time. This will get the priest off of your pally without you even touching him, and it will put the rogue on the defensive so you dont get lucky with "Sudden Death". This frees up your pally to even help you dps and not worry about mana burns.

Pretty sure season 5 arena representation is DK PALLY HUNTER WARLOCK.

Priest/Rogue has never "trampled" a good warrior/pally team.

I R PLATE....Partner IS PLATE 2, WE ROXorz ARENAs ROFLMAO. WHy we lose to leather and clothie I EAT CLOTHIE Why puny rogue kill PLATE PALLY.....ZOMFGIMBANERFNAO. *logs into MMO champion* Durrr WHy Me and pally lose to rogue priest again....durrr...durrr O YAR i not move so fast *Clicks on new post* "NERF CRIPPLING POISON"
    Rofl  ;D
    Awesome arguing tho
    Thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by Vennom
    This is coming from a rogue that has played all 5 seasons, and is taking a breather for season 6.

Not counting the Season 3 and 4 days where an MS warrior with rng would rip my face off while overpowering me through my dodge....i might be inclined to agree with you.....

HOWEVER, i don't and i will explain why

1. "in my opinion, the only reason why rogues are so powerfull in arena is Crippling poison"
    I'm glad your opinion doesnt count because that is dead on wrong. We are powerful in arenas due to our utilities and knowing when to use our cooldowns. WoW was never balanced about 1v1, so if this is a "QQ i got bleed kited" then you need to get over it. We have evasion, dismantle, sprint, stuns, prep, shadowstep, etc etc. Against a healer/dps set up, i am forced to add shiv in my rotation (which uses energy) because a good healer is usually spamming the crap out of his cleanse button.

2. 99% of rogues are not mutilate. I do not know the exact percentage but there are many shadowstep hybrids/shadow dance/ Combat/pre rogues out there.

3. If you have ever taken a look at a rogues tree specs or abilities, you will realize that we do not have any "Reduction to dispell mechanics" abilities. Which means, if there is crippling on you, and you cleanse it, it comes off. So blizzard added "deadly brew" so they wound and mindnumbing poison can "protect" crippling, or vice versa.

4 Yes, crippling poison does reduce movement speed by 70% and it can also be cleansed and dispelled by almost all healers. A warrior ability such as hamstring i would have to trinket because my healer can not cleanse that.

5. "in my opinion, this is one, if not the only thing rogues has that makes them so good in arena" Again, i am glad your opinion does not count, because if a 70% movement reduction is all i had going for me, i would reroll a dk and faceroll to 2200 in a heartbeat. As mindless as people think playing a rogue is, we do have to use our cooldowns in exactly the right way during a situation or we lose. If we cloak too early, we die, if we trinket too early we die, if we evasion late we die...etc etc.

6. "and all you rogues/priests that say it doesnt need a nerf, then u either suck hard, or you need to get your head of of your ass" I believe you are the one QQ about an ability that your paladin can cleanse over and over and over again. And how do you see this nerf as effecting rogue/priest comps? Here is a scenario for you to think of.

Rogue saps pally, priest dots up warrior, rogue opens on warrior, pally trinkets the sap and gets feared by the priest, pally bubbles to heal warrior, priest mass dispels, paladin gets blinded, warrior is permastunned during this whole encountered and or dismantled to do any damage and is dead.

7. "this nerf should atleast make it possible for teams like mine warrior/paladin, to keep the priest of my paladin and away from mana burns, and dont start "Your paladins should not LoS" cause they still need to heal me with the rogue on my ass" I FAIL to see how nerfing crippling poison will keep the priest away from your pally, since all you have to do is go zerker stance, intercept, hamstring.

8. "a rogue has alot of mitigation, yes dodge -> overpower" I have Full Season 5 gear including 4 piece deadly 1 piece hateful and full off piece deadly and i have 25% dodge. Dodge is not the king as it used to be in prior seasons. Also it has diminishing returns so it is not at 25% at all times. However i only PvP with 4 piece deadly, and the rest nax 25 best in slots including a calamitys grasp and 2 sinister revenges. Which at that point my dodge drops down to 19%

9. "but i do miss alot of Mortal strikes (wich btw, like my hamstring cost rage and a gcd)" Why are you not hit capped? I am hit capped which is 5% if you didnt know, and i RARELY miss an eviscarate or kidney or anything else.

10. "its not only warrior/paladin teams, its practicly any team that has a melee other then a rogue" Please give me some examples ? Feral Druids and shapeshift? Ret pallys and freedom? DKs and deathgrip? Warriors and intercept?

11. "if u do not agree, give me a reason why, like i have given my reasons why i think the priest/rogue setup is so powerfull" I have given all my reasons to your questions and comments but i still FAIL to see how you went from Crippling poison 70% movement reduction is OP to Priest/rogue 2v2 is OP.

12. "Reduce the energie cost of shiv to 10/5 energie, for any speed of weapon, and when you use Shiv, you cripple your target reducing movement speed by 70% (this should make it abit harder on a rogue, other then just bashing all your buttons, putting out max dmg and crippling/wounding your target)" I would love my enery cost of shiv to be reduced to 5 energy . Would you like to know why? BECAUSE WHEN A HEALER IS MASHING HIS CLEANSE BUTTON, THEN I CAN MASH ME SHIV BUTTON FASTER TO APPLY THE POISON IN MY OFFHAND ON THE TARGET.

Seems like you did 0 homework on the actual rogue class and its ability and why we are so viable in pvp. Also, you did even LESS homework on the priest/rogue comp to understand why it too is so viable in 2v2.

BUT...i do know what you did....you went I R PLATE....Partner IS PLATE 2, WE ROXorz ARENAs ROFLMAO. WHy we lose to leather and clothie I EAT CLOTHIE Why puny rogue kill PLATE PALLY.....ZOMFGIMBANERFNAO. *logs into MMO champion* Durrr WHy Me and pally lose to rogue priest again....durrr...durrr O YAR i not move so fast *Clicks on new post* "NERF CRIPPLING POISON"

You sir, need to find a mage, get an intelect buff, and try this whole thing one more time.

EDIT: WHO DOES YOUR PALLY USE HAND OF FREEDOM ON FFS IF THE ROGUE IS ON YOU....i just realized this......Serious question....who DOES the pally use FREEDOM ON!
    This post just won so many internets, omigosh :O

Made in account just to express how much Powell got his ass beat, but then I realized, epicness on this scale cannot be placed into words that us humans can comprehend.

/bow

On your way out please donate to the Vanish fund

All proceeds will go to Blizzard to help find a cure to the Vanish bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Gzilia

you shithead, he is refering to ALL classes, 70% IS to much with the uptime at the cost of no gcd, its just lame, pull it down to 50% like all the other damn classes in this game has

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhearted

you shithead, he is refering to ALL classes, 70% IS to much with the uptime at the cost of no gcd, its just lame, pull it down to 50% like all the other damn classes in this game has
    Yes.. all classes have a 70% reduce movement speed poison ???

Rock: Nerf paper, but scissors are fine!

If your fighting a good rogue, crippling poison should be the LEAST of your worries

Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    If your fighting a good rogue, crippling poison should be the LEAST of your worries
    This right here. 10/10