Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Anyone else miss the old days of dual-wield 1-h weapons?

Personally, I liked it before the whole implementation of titan's grip. I felt this play style being more fun than what it is currently. Now we are only limited to using 2-h weapons when spec'ing into a damage dealing tree.

Do you guys think it would be feasible if titan's grip was changed so that instead it would give the option of dual-wielding 2-h weapons as opposed to forcing everyone who spec's into the tree into using such weapons to obtain maximum DPS?

For example:

Lets say someone who dual-wields 2-h weapons does 5000 dps currently, and when this person switches to dual-wielding 1-h weapons he does 3000 dps. We see that dual-wielding 1-h weapons does not obtain the maximum dps possible, hence there is no viability for it. So to fix this, can't Blizzard change Titan's Grip so that in addition to what it is now, they could add "if you do not equip a two-handed weapon in one-hand, then all physical damage done is increased by x%" in which "x" would be the multiplier so that the previous 3000 dps can be adjusted to equal the dps of equipping 2-h weapons?

Re: Anyone else miss the old days of dual-wield 1-h weapons?

IMO TG Should also increase 1H weapon damage by 10-15%, just seems to me that If you can weild two 2H weapons you'd be able to thrust 1H weapons a lot fucking harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    IMO TG Should also increase 1H weapon damage by 10-15%, just seems to me that If you can wild two 2H weapons you'd be able to thrust 1H weapons a lot fucking harder.
    /agree

We disenchant and/or vendor SOOO many DPS 1H weapons like Swords/Maces.. I haven't even SEEN a DPS 1-H axe in so long...

I think TG was the worst thing they ever did to Warriors. There is already SO much competition for 2H weapons with retadins, DKs, hunters, arms warriors....

1H only competition is ENH shaman and Rogues.... and shaman don't use swords and rogues don't touch anything but daggers these days, maybe fist weps?

IMO they need to remove TG completely, rebalance the Fury tree around 1H weapons and give Fury a 51 point talent that rocks... some kind of damaging move to add to the bland and boring Fury DPS rotation... something that would also be useful in PvP...

Like maybe.. HEROIC LEEP? Cat druids get to leap around...

Well I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels this way. Thanks!

It would make sense to only open another option for fury warriors....not like theres any harm in that, that I see.

Btw, could someone possibly post something like this in the worldofwarcraft.com warrior forums? I would love to do it myself but my account is inactive for the time being until some RL issues have been sorted. I was just curious if any readers over there felt the same too.

No.

I'm a rogue, not a warrior, and even though you guys stole my shit sometimes I miss fury warriors being 1Hers. I mean the whole idea of "fury" was the speed of it all and with DW 2-handers you guys hit so slow.

DK's should have been the dual-wielding class.

Dual-wielding 1H DPS weapons
    Dual-wielding 1H Prot weapons for tanking

While putting a little more competition for Prot weapons, I think overall it would have balanced loot distribution alot better now.

As it stands, if you don't have Combat Rogues in the raid, those 1-H DPS weapons are nothing more then Abyss Crystals.

What about:
    Titan grip
    Allows you to equip two-handed axes, maces and swords in [b]Main[b] hand.

15+ Year Old Account

Death Knights are supposed to look mean. Nothing says mean like a tank with a giant claymore and no shield.
    If they make a DW tank, it will be a Panderan Samurai or something.

I also miss the dual 1 handers, but really if you wanted to go that route you should have rolled Shaman or Rogue.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by moguri
    I mean the whole idea of "fury" was the speed of it all and with DW 2-handers you guys hit so slow.
    To me Fury should be the Bezerker.

Swinging widly and furiously with little regard for their own safety.

The Bezerker would become more deadly the longer they are engaged in combat, building up their violent rage as they pummel their opponents to death. The Bezerker has little care for their own well being, instead only becoming stronger the more damage they take themselves.

What this means in gameplay terms:

1. Fast hitters, i.e. dual wielding one-handed weapons. Titan's Grip was the most ridiculous idea ever and look how it's turned out. Fury is a joke right now.

2. Building Rage as they deal damage and recieve it, thankfully this mechanic works and always has worked... just needs a little tweaking to be a bit more steadily generated. Like Bezerker stance increases Rage generation from DOING damage, Battle is balanced, and Defensive increases Rage generation from taking damage.

3. They should bring back the old Attack Power bonus of Rampage and make both Rampage and the Flurry haste buff a raid-wide buff when it procs. There is your utility. Of course, not stacking with similar DK/Enh shamn buffs. 10% AP increase like Blood DK and same haste buff as Imp. Icy Talons or whatever from Frost DK (or Enh shaman haste buff)

4. Move Crit buff to Arms tree. Maybe replace Imp. Mortal strike talent with something new that grants additional 5% crit raid wide on MS crits. Take away 5% crit bonus from Poleaxe spec and increase critical damage bonus a bit instead. Of course not stacking with Feral Druid buff. Why? Arms is built around crit. Fury should be built around steady, increasing damage.

5. Add in Heroic Leap. Works just like Kitty leap or Rogue thing... also increases physical damage done to the target by 4% for 10 seconds. Causes you to instantly strike with both weapons + X damage. 30 second cooldown.

6. Add in Glyph of Heroic Leap. Stuns the target of your Heroic Leap for 3 seconds. PvP glyph for Fury.

7. Replace Titan's Grip with new 51 pt talent : Brutal Assault-

Brutal Assault - Instantly attack your target with both weapons and then every second for the next 8 seconds you instantly attack your target with both weapons. During Brutal Assault your movement speed is slowed by 50% and you cannot use any other abilities or items. 1 minute cooldown.

Imagine a fury Warrior hopping up and down just absolutely pummeling a single target with attacks, just raining down blows for 8 seconds.... Yes, it's just like Bladestorm, but instead of AoE a single target just bomb... 16 weapon attacks in 8 seconds? That's gotta be a metric f*ck ton of damage. If it's not, add in a "weapon damage + X" to it.

I dont agree i guess, with the titans grip ruining warriors. Think that your weapons are both 3.4 speed, then your haste from gear should put you between 3.1 and 3.2 usually. Flurry is another 25% haste, and then windfury is more haste yet. My 2handed weapons are attacking faster than 1 handers with 2.6 speed. If i had these same buffs with 1handers i would be attacking so fast i wouldnt be able to dump my rage like you can with TG. Then our white damage is our top damage instead of only being 15-25% of our overall damage.

I do agree fury is a joke since they made TG do 10% less damage, but we also have yet to see a close to BiS warrior from ulduar using TG, it might again be that good with all of the STR you get from it.

Heroic leap, umm no thanks. We already have Charge, Intercept, and Prot can charge and intervene in battle. Why would i want to jump into battle when i can just charge in.

I remember watching my friend play a fury warrior throughout TBC and how amazing it was and how fun it was to play. So ofc I started leveling my own warrior but by the time I got around to leveling him for real WLK was out and I was happy in a way cause TG sounded so much fun. However since raiding with my warrior for the last few months I realise that the fury warrior I want to play isn't a TG'd one, I want that warrior that my friend had so much fun with.
    Priest - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Yarmi
    Warrior - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Clo%C3%BAd

Blizzard is already having enough trouble trying to balance TG. Imagine if they had to balance it around the DPS done using 2 handers AND 1 handers? That would just be a fucking train wreck.

I've always thought...

Fury Warrior - Bezerker (See above) crazy wild violent barbarian type, super damage output not much else in the way of utility/survivability

Arms Warrior - Armsmen: Master of combat techniques, cool and controlled, focus on critical strikes and debuffs/self buffs. Precision and accuracy mixed with mastery of weapons etc.

Protection Warrior - Brawler. Not "Knight in Shining Armor" but more like a pit fighter or gladiator. Rutheless. Currently only abilities we have that make "sense" for this role are Mocking Blow and Taunt. More dirty fighting techniques, stomp em and hit em in the crotch and step on their toes etc. etc. Still Tanks, still shields and 1 hand weps and Defensive/survival oriented but alot more gritty and raw.

Let Paladin's be the "Knight in Shining Armor" give me Bezerkers, Armsmen, and Brawlers please.

What about revenge? shield slam?

I think fucking slamming a shield UP IN YO GRILL is quite brawlish.

Fury Warriors (post-60) are to 1H weapons as Enhancement Shaman (post-40) are to 2H weapons

(no)
    I > U

Quote Originally Posted by Jeddite
    Fury Warriors (post-60) are to 1H weapons as Enhancement Shaman (post-40) are to 2H weapons

(no)
    LOL
    Tell that to the enh shammy who rolled and won BoH in my face please!

Apparently he was convinced it would be great in PVP

10+ Year Old Account

I too miss the old days of duel weildong 1h's. There were so may of them to choose from, u could pick watever ones u wanted and stack watever stats u wanted too, now there are only so many weps to choose from and why the fuck cant we use polearms, it makes no sense, they are 2h's but watever, TG is a joke now since the nerf and they buffed arms so much that only die-hard fury wars still do anything as fury.

Quote Originally Posted by heerobya
    Let Paladin's be the "Knight in Shining Armor" give me Bezerkers, Armsmen, and Brawlers please.
    Or we could not do that...that's an option.

Im still looking forward to get some pvp 1handers and test mace specialization 5/5 or even axe`s for fun without teh crapy TG

And yes i miss the old days and the 1 handers OFC

TG is the old fury in slow motion

After the nerf geting rage strarved and waiting over a 3second swing to hit making me cuts wrists irl

I tottaly like the idea of makin them viable again (1 handers)

Here is a pve raid spec with mace specialization on current tree for the lolz
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...0&version=9901

Here is another one without weap specialization with slam and with unending rage 5/5
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...0&version=9901

I picked up enrage cause is not bad to have it gets procs from all kind of dmg on ur self even aoe depent the boss tbh.
    Since ferals are crazy atm and evry guild has them i didnt even bothered to take Rampage

It probs gonna fail but W/E for the lolz im gonna try it some day!