Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Kill ourselves no more!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivpiv
    WRONG! You are the kind of rogue player who knows nothing about their class and should reroll warrior instead.

i for one have NEVER hated rogues for their high burst dmg, only thing i hate is when rogues kill me in 3 hits (lol wtf)
    The stun stun vanish sap stun stun blind stealth stun stun gouge stealth stun stun.. Is fair... Im afraid i have to say it.. ITS FAIR

Rogues are not meant to "stay out and fight" thats the same as saying mages arent fair unless they upfront melee everybody to death.. If rogues were meant to take hits in a duel they would wear plate ? or mail ?1

They are supposed to attack run away attack again, wolf style. And that is why whenever you catch a rogue offguard he dies. That is their weakness and thats that.

You are one of those rogues who loves back in the day were a rogue just specced sublety hemo and took cheatdeath and was 110% immortal.. A rogue could just upfront kill everybody stealth was halfway useless. That is why half of the rogue playerbase are noobs today and are whining about their survivability.. that is cause they arent playing like Blizzard wants the rogue class to be played.

I say again if you want to take classes upfront in melee combat roll warrior,DK or Ret pala.

And on topic what the up is saying is true.. They should revamp the whole thorns ret aura idea, its useless against people who hit slow and insane against people who hit fast hows that great ?!
    This. I know it was just posted but I think it should be there twice for emphasis. People forget that this is a MMORPG. If a Rogue can't hit hard fast and get out and do it all over again, he's not really a Rogue then is he? He's a Warrior with shittier armor. Like Ivpiv said, all that stun/vanish/stun crap a Rogue does is fair because that's what a Rogue is supposed to be able to do. If you don't like it, go play CS or another FPS where everyone can do the same damn things.
    And sure, your son may find a women on warcraft. Just beware that she is probably whoring herself off to get mounted or partcipates in one of those secret guild orgies Pastor Jack warned us about.

WRONG! You are the kind of rogue player who knows nothing about their class and should reroll warrior instead.

i for one have NEVER hated rogues for their high burst dmg, only thing i hate is when rogues kill me in 3 hits (lol wtf)
    The stun stun vanish sap stun stun blind stealth stun stun gouge stealth stun stun.. Is fair... Im afraid i have to say it.. ITS FAIR

Rogues are not meant to "stay out and fight" thats the same as saying mages arent fair unless they upfront melee everybody to death.. If rogues were meant to take hits in a duel they would wear plate ? or mail ?1

They are supposed to attack run away attack again, wolf style. And that is why whenever you catch a rogue offguard he dies. That is their weakness and thats that.

You are one of those rogues who loves back in the day were a rogue just specced sublety hemo and took cheatdeath and was 110% immortal.. A rogue could just upfront kill everybody stealth was halfway useless. That is why half of the rogue playerbase are noobs today and are whining about their survivability.. that is cause they arent playing like Blizzard wants the rogue class to be played.

I say again if you want to take classes upfront in melee combat roll warrior,DK or Ret pala.

And on topic what the up is saying is true.. They should revamp the whole thorns ret aura idea, its useless against people who hit slow and insane against people who hit fast hows that great ?!
    Rogues can only burst clothies and leather, they don't have burst on mail/plate

Rogue community: the thing that makes us OP is a combination of 130 energy and overkill, not mutilate damage.

Ghostretard: Nah, we'll cut the balls off mutilate, lawl

Rogue community:...................

Ghostretard: We're happy where rogues are in PvP

Ghostretard: Wait, NM we'll also nerf overkill now and give you absolutely no fucking compensation while deathtards and retnubs still do gross amounts of damage with better defensive capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius
    Rogues can only burst clothies and leather, they don't have burst on mail/plate
    Yes they do.

Oh, and about stuns being fair:
    They may be, but you can't deny that they really suck the fun out of the game in a hurry. Here you are on your purple tiger or whatever the hell you ride, prancing around AB wanting to go cap a node for the win and make some noobs cry and etc.

All of a sudden, youre sapped (YAY!). You sit there and sit there, hell, by now you can even see the rogue because hes on top of you. And you watch the timer count down to 3, 2, 1, here comes the stunlock! For the next 30 seconds, you sit there incapacitated watching your life go down as you do nothing.

We pay to play, not to sit and watch.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    Yes they do.

Oh, and about stuns being fair:
    They may be, but you can't deny that they really suck the fun out of the game in a hurry. Here you are on your purple tiger or whatever the hell you ride, prancing around AB wanting to go cap a node for the win and make some noobs cry and etc.

All of a sudden, youre sapped (YAY!). You sit there and sit there, hell, by now you can even see the rogue because hes on top of you. And you watch the timer count down to 3, 2, 1, here comes the stunlock! For the next 30 seconds, you sit there incapacitated watching your life go down as you do nothing.

We pay to play, not to sit and watch.

well I'm sure you've heard this before, and most of you dont like hearing this.

PvP is not balanced around 1vs1, your pvp partner should never allow a rogue to finish some crazy two hour stunlock on you, and neither should your pvp trinket.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

Quote Originally Posted by Gajan
    The PPM idea sounds good, but that would require some testing in pve to make sure it wouldn't affect threat for the tanks.
    a reasonable value of ICD, say ~1.25 seconds (corresponding to 48 PPM), isn't likely to affect tanks too much, since the vast majority of mobs/bosses have swing timers greater than 1.5 seconds

plainly put, the only reactive threat loss would occur versus fast-hitting dual-wielders... however, do keep in mind that RA/T's impact on overall threat output is fairly minimal

Quote Originally Posted by Grindfreak

well I'm sure you've heard this before, and most of you dont like hearing this.

PvP is not balanced around 1vs1, your pvp partner should never allow a rogue to finish some crazy two hour stunlock on you, and neither should your pvp trinket.
    Purely to play devil's advocate here...

But going by that statement, isn't it logical to suggest that Rogue's should have a 2v2 partner who can slap a HoT on them or another partner who hits slower/caster to balance the damage out? Saying it's acceptable for someone to get destroyed 1v1 to a Rogue because that's how it's mean to be, but that a Rogue shouldn't take moderate reflective damage from two classes as a penalty is a little off the hook imo.

Every class needs a weakness/counter class. Why isn't it acceptable that Druids/Paladins are these counters and the Rogue's weakness is their speed of attack? :s

Quote Originally Posted by bobdole
    Whatever rogue said playing mutilate right now is harder than ShS Hemo in s4, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Rogues have never been so easy as they are right now, I have one, it's brutally easy to play as mutilate right now.
    Easier in BG/1on1, harder in Arenas then before. (Simply because there're more abilities/talents/classes that have to be considerated now-a-days. Additionally burst is a factor since LK, whereas S4 was just about who's healer goes oom faster.)

15+ Year Old Account

GC and his assclowns just keep finding ways to beat the balance druid into the ground. Job well done!!

:
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius
    nope, if it isn't PPM it will always rape rogues
    That's a good thing you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Notnicebb
    This nerf must really suck for your Mage/rogue combo.... I'm sure a little more crying will get you whiners some more insignificant nerfs. Keep up the qq.
    yeah because mage/rogue is soooo OP in 2v2..

wait..
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

I just disliked stunlocking someone to 50%, only to have their Thorns/RA bring me down to the same HP%. Usually I ended up resorting to bleedkiting.

This is a nice change, but still needs more OOMPH.
    Needs more perkele.

I said it before I am no longer a rogue, But when I was I played mutilate when just about no one else was (S3/S4). It was vary good even back then the only reason no one played it was b/c you had to behind the target (oh and every rogue had cheat death it was hard not having it/ShS).

I hear what you guys are saying i really am but the CC just needs some reworking (not some mega nerf), Yes the game is not based around 1v1 but lets say in world pvp (yes a lot of factors come into play) but how can you brake the chain CC?? Please tell me even if the person has a pvp trinket on. (This does not make a fun game for other classes not one bit and why do we play games for fun)

Sap>Cheap shot>Mutilate>Kidney shot>Vanish>Sap??? (I'm sure ill get flamed b/c i messed up a rotation that i am guess about nowadays)

Even if you used the trinket right at the start of KS Blind run stealth no need for sprint.

I'm just looking at the facts lets say a paladin bubbles cloak of shadows, sprint, stealth (maybe trinket,vanish if he/she stuns you?)
    And please don't say LoL paladin i see them get owned all the time and not noob one so don't pull that shit.

I only did a paladin Vs. rogue it pretty much plays out the same for every other class.

Unbreakable CC

Quote Originally Posted by bobdole
    Whatever rogue said playing mutilate right now is harder than ShS Hemo in s4, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Rogues have never been so easy as they are right now, I have one, it's brutally easy to play as mutilate right now.
    You are clueless, in S4 rogues were retard proof. Rocking 29% representation of Resto Druid/ ShS hemo rogue.

Now rogues sure are easier to play witht heir 6% representation.

Rogue community: the thing that makes us OP is a combination of 130 energy and overkill, not mutilate damage.

Ghostretard: Wait, NM we'll also nerf overkill now and give you absolutely no fucking compensation while deathtards and retnubs still do gross amounts of damage with better defensive capabilities.

There's a difference between difficulty to play, and how strong the class is no?

Quote Originally Posted by Ake
    There's a difference between difficulty to play, and how strong the class is no?
    Yes and that is the case here. Mutilate takes brains to play in arena, ShS hemo didn't... your hemo did insane damage in S4 and you were on target 24/7. Games lasted 20+ minuts which made stunlocks insanely strong.

Rogues in TBC > WotlK if you don't see this please go away

i never QQd so ill do it just for one time. I was hemo in S4, then switched to muti cos i learned the class and found muti better for pvp. now i am muti, sometimes switching to shadowdance just for fun. i cant roll combat cos it requires some good pve gear and i dont raid with my rogue. so what iam trying to say is - its really frustrating to see how DK trinkets the kidney pops IBF and 2 shoots u. Due to the vanish issues its 50%-50% that ur CoS and vanish combo will work. Also its really frustrating to see retri bubbling out of everything and also 2 shooting you.

i mean iam not a pro, and i still enjoying rogue class, but didnt Blizzard said that the game (WoW) is supposed to be played for fun. When i see ppl complaining about rogue burst and stuff - srsly - go get 700-800 resil (which i got) and then complain. I spent on BGs a couple of /played days, grinded some gear, and its definately not fun for me after those efforts to become capable in pvp still being melted down in my face by a guy using 2-3 buttons.

i reread all this bull#& and got an idea - the list of easy targets for rogue and difficult ones (speaking in terms of arena).

toughest target hit parade

1. Death Knight: 100% survives our starting damage. u CANT kill DK within CS muti muti Kidney. after KS expires u can disarm and still got a 5k icy touch in ur face. u are forced to CoS vanish and if u got lucky and escaped guess what - he ate his pet and Rune tapped.
    2. retri paladin: usually trinkets out of kidney. if u are fast enough u ll CoS preventievly (grammar?) and catch his hammer then force him to bubble. 100% survives first burst.
    2.1 holy paladin, easy target to make some pressure on but still definately not dying instantly due to the OP rogue burst issues.
    3. restodruid: randomly spams his PVE binds and outlasts everything.
    3.1 feral/oomkin. 1 button - barkskin to keep him alive durinng our attempts to omg zerg him with our burst!
    4. Shaman: mail user, was recently heavy buffed. 100% survives our first birst
    5. Disc priest: oh wtf i got a rogue on me. nvm i can cast PS in stuns now woot. the most retarded shit i had is placing a KS on a preist and still running away in fear - i have 100 latency ingame. 100% survives our first burst but still killable.
    5.1 shadow priest, same as holy paladin.
    6. frost mage. not an easy target since TBC. iceblock speaks for itself. not mentioning bilion frost novas w/o deminishing returns.
    6.1 fire mage: open with garrote and dominate him! until garrote silence is over and he blocks.
    7. Warriors - easy target to solo, by no means.
    8. hunters - same here.
    9. what else? ah. fellow rogue. i think its the only target that can be killed fast enough.

so what do we have here? i need l2p i know that. but still how the hell those "rogues - OP" posters dare to even think about it.

for those QQing rogues like me a couple of advices. be faster, smarter than you are, and angry as a hell hound and u will prevail!

with best regards Useful )

Yes I did read your whole post but I just had to comment on this...

Reroll a Warrior because we have it SO easy in PvP.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Quote Originally Posted by Layuth
    GC and his assclowns just keep finding ways to beat the balance druid into the ground. Job well done!!

:
    Then spec resto. You don't HAVE to go Balance you know.

If you're basing crap off of sk100 which is only 100/16million? lol. Rogues over populate the 1900-2.3k brackets more then any other class in the game. It's true that not many are in the top 100 but beyond that rogues are pretty much everywhere. It's not so much rogues in tbc > wotlk, its more so that other classes are a lot better then what they were back then.
    Meh, probably a few more Rogues at 1900-2,3k but not all that much more. (I believe there're more DK-teams there cause they're not as OP anymore but there've been more then enough who got good equip in S5.)
    It's probably 10% Rogues or so...
    Oh and please don't forget: Using 1850 ratings etc. for balancing is bullshit. That's as if you'd use Naxx-Results to balance classes for Ulduar. Only the very best teams lose because of balance-issues, the normal/good teams make mistakes and lose because of those.

Also, mutilate is so ridiculously easy to play any decent rogue could probably get to the 2ks with a 1 button cast random macro lol.
    Sap, CS, Mut, KS, Blind, Vanish, Cold Blood, Dismantle, SnD, Eviscerate... yeah, "1 button cast random macro" and you'll obviously win... [You don't like the class? Live with it, but stop saying such crap -.-]

Anyways...thorns and ret aura were WAY too op against rogues, it really needs to be nerfed again to a ppm or something.
    True dat.

This game was designed around group play, not 1 on 1 combat.

Find yourself a friend that heals and hug him or her tightly if you're afraid of rogue burst.