Buff Armor Value on Shields

I raid on a Warrior as a tank in my guild, and I dont think that its right that Warriors and Paladins (who have shields that contibute 7000+ armor) still have less armor than DKs and Druids...

From what I have noticed is that in Naxxramas, block value was perfect for mitigating damage since the bosses in Naxx only hit for 6-10k (depending on the boss). Block Value is a very weak stat for tanks in Ulduar since the bosses hit for 2x as much as the bosses in Naxxramas, and since one block value only reduces damage when blocked by 1 (not calculating in talents and abilities)..it isnt really seen as a stat to go for...

I have 24,807 Armor value (do not have the meta that grants 2% additional armor being that I OT and am better off gemming with the meta that grants 5% block value). This much armor reduces damage taken by 61.96%. I have the Wall of Terror (off 25man KT) and it contributes 7890 armor to my total amount of armor. Upgrades out of ulduar (both 10man and 25man) only grant a small amount of armor (The Boreal Guard off 10man Hodir Hard Mode has 7960 armor; Bulwark of Algalon (endgame btw) has 8130 armor). These small upgrades of armor only mitigate a very small percentage of damage taken when hit, only add 70-240 armor, which isnt alot when calculated in with the other 23807 armor that I currently have. Since Armor isnt seen as a stat to calculate in for gear sets, warrior and paladin tanks just see it as a passive stat that comes as the gear does, and dont value it as much as other stats such as dodge/parry/hp etc...

My suggestion to Blizz is to buff the Armor Value on shields out of Ulduar so that Warriors and Pallies dont have damage spikes as bad as they currently are, and also so that warrior/paladin tanks value armor more than they currently do.

I think Block Value should remain the same that it is now (being that it would be OP for naxx/os/eoe if buffed).

Re: Buff Armor Value on Shields

what about making block value scale better so it would be about the same for naxx and better for ulduar?

If you boosted shields to give you the same armor as DKs and Druids, you would have to give them shields so they could block. Then they would just have more armor again (And be well over the armor cap)

You can't have it all.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Unbuffed at least, most classes have more sheer avoidance than a feral druid. So unless you give a druid parry too, then they need the extra armor to mitigate the extra hits they take.

DK tanks take more frequent spike damage than classes with shields.

If your armour got buffed, then as a DK tank i want a shield please.

you know its funny. you complain having less armor then say druids or deathknights. but no matter what stats on a piece of plate tanking gear or tanking rings/necklash/cloak/trinkets. you can (and probably will be able to) use any and all stats present.
    defense, parry, dodge, block, block value, stamina, strength and the odd agility every now and again.

druids only benefit properly from agility and dodge rating and as much STA as possible.
    and deathknights only benefit from dodge and parry rating. and 2/3 defense rating.
    whilst they still have to stack defense rating to become crit immune.

Quote Originally Posted by scett
    you know its funny. you complain having less armor then say druids or deathknights. but no matter what stats on a piece of plate tanking gear or tanking rings/necklash/cloak/trinkets. you can (and probably will be able to) use any and all stats present.
    defense, parry, dodge, block, block value, stamina, strength and the odd agility every now and again.

druids only benefit properly from agility and dodge rating and as much STA as possible.
    and deathknights only benefit from dodge and parry rating. and 2/3 defense rating.
    whilst they still have to stack defense rating to become crit immune.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    You can't have it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowyn
    All the screams of "WoW is dying" is just stupid to me. Their numbers keep going up, how do you explain that? Personally I get really tired of WoW, wait let me rephrase that, personally I get tired of the morons I have to put with when I play WoW. Morons who think that they are entitled something, morons who whimper about the old days when they were screaming about how boring MC was and how they wanted to claw their eyes out. I wish you people could hear/read what you say/post sometimes.

Deathknight HP is out of control. Deathknight DPS is out of control.

Blizzard is turning a blind eye to their "baby" the "hero class" for this expansion. I don't expect DKs to be normalized until the next expansion. Blizzard wants them to be top DPS and the Best Tanks all expansion. So far they're getting their way.

"Shields" are apparently a thing of the past for Tanking. Blizzard doesn't care.

Deathknight rule this expac in Tanking and DPS. Wait for the next one if you want to suggest actually comparing your character, no matter the class, to a DK right now.

At least Druid HP has been toned down.

Deathknight > Druid > Paladin > Warrior
    That's gonna be the preferred order for MainTanks throughout this expansion, just get used to it.

Sorry :'(
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

A blind eye - That's why we were nerfed over and over again and are still being targeted for nerfs, right? And apparently someone didn't read about the 20% bonus armor reduction from frost presence to bring us down to the same armor as warriors and pallys with their shields.

As far as dps goes for DKs, we are not out of control. The spec that used to put out outrageous dps was nerfed into the ground and probably will never be seen again. Quit bitching because you got replaced by someone better than yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

this topic is retarded, deathknight's armor has been hot fixed and is now at the same level as warriors and pallies, before the hot fix is was maybe 2-3k more armor...

the OP fails and unless you are blind you would notice DKs have been continuously being toned down (ie nurfed) ...

DK's are overpowered because they have the health of old druids, better avoidance and significantly better cooldowns. Just 4 piece bonus of T8 is almost as good as a druids primary cooldown of barkskin (though it is only 5 sec instead of 12 and 10% instead of 20%). Blood DK's also have a lot of nice healing potential to help with bursty damage.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmageddonX
    Deathknight HP is out of control. Deathknight DPS is out of control.

Blizzard is turning a blind eye to their "baby" the "hero class" for this expansion. I don't expect DKs to be normalized until the next expansion. Blizzard wants them to be top DPS and the Best Tanks all expansion. So far they're getting their way.

"Shields" are apparently a thing of the past for Tanking. Blizzard doesn't care.

Deathknight rule this expac in Tanking and DPS. Wait for the next one if you want to suggest actually comparing your character, no matter the class, to a DK right now.

At least Druid HP has been toned down.

Deathknight > Druid > Paladin > Warrior
    That's gonna be the preferred order for MainTanks throughout this expansion, just get used to it.

Sorry :'(

Let me know how well it goes when you let your Paladin tank with a 2-hander.

Also, we raid with a Warrior main tank - the tanking is -NEVER- an issue in our raids. There are a few where we get a DK or Druid to main tank a specific fight, just for the circumstance. I honestly don't think our Prot Paladin main tanks much...
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne

Let me know how well it goes when you let your Paladin tank with a 2-hander.

Also, we raid with a Warrior main tank - the tanking is -NEVER- an issue in our raids. There are a few where we get a DK or Druid to main tank a specific fight, just for the circumstance. I honestly don't think our Prot Paladin main tanks much...
    We also had used a prot paladin/prot warrior as our MT since WotLK came out (3d was a big problem for us because we didnt have a tank DK or feral druid geared to take the hits, so it took a bit of time to gear somebody out as an offspec). Just recently our prot pally switched mains to a DK and we have significantly less problems with hard modes in 25 man. Havent had a chance to use him in 10 man yet though.