Offtanking Ignis Constructs

So last night my guilds two offtanks had some stuff to do, so myself (Uh DK offspec) and an offspec prot war decided to take the mantle of offtanking the constructs that activate during the Ignis encounter. We usually have no problem with Ignis, but last night it seemed that the adds weren't stacking the molten buff fast enough.
    Even rooted in the middle of a flame patch they were stacking maybe 1 or 2 and then immediately dropping the stacks. Never once did we see one stack to more than 4 or 5. Needless to say, we inevitably had 3, 4, even 5 constructs up at a time, and the raid eventually wiped, inundated by adds and buffs to Ignis.

I was wondering if there was something we might have been doing wrong or if other guilds have experienced this - what we deemed was a - bug before.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Offtanking Ignis Constructs

Did 10man today, no problems so far.

Re: Offtanking Ignis Constructs

Just did Ignis Thursday in 25, no issues. You only need one OT and a ranged caster. We do it with a warrior and I help as a boom. When he pulls into the fire, I just start spamming wrath. Eventually I pull him off the OT into the water and bang he blows up. then on to the next.

sounds like a bug?
    "Peace is a lie"