Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Soul leech drama

So the real point gets down to the 100g you're so upset about. As someone mentioned before, a sum, which takes about 15 Minutes to farm with some dailies done.

Were they in the right do demand you to respecc? NO, cause your specc is your's alone.

And demanding you to pay for it yourself when you don't need it is a even bigger NO

BUT:

Would they have been in the right to replace you, to get the desired buff? I would say YES, as it's easy to replace some dps for another without loosing too much in the end.

Like the others said, your lost dps would be easily compensated by longer lasting healers/dps, which would even net more raiddps in the end.

So pat yourself on the back, that you're the Queen of your dpsmeter, but try to be nicer to your new 10 man raid, IF you manage to find any other in the future at all.

Quote Originally Posted by telemain
    If he can't get hitcapped, he shouldn't be in ulduar to begin with.
    He is hitcapped, from what i understand, he just happens to need 3 talent points to do it. Like i said Random Number gods can be fickle. Considering this is a discussion about events transpiring during attempts on Mimiron, I am pretty sure his gear is good enough for ulduar. He may not be getting world firsts, but we cant all be perfect hardcore min-maxers.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

we cant all be perfect hardcore min-maxers.
    i lol'd

Long post will be long.

In terms of the topic being "Should I have paid for that on principle?", I don't think raids usually have the right to demand respecs, and yes I've raided hybrid plenty before.

In terms of "Should I have paid for that, if I wanted to raid?", I'd say yes. I would personally have tried to get compensation as you did, or else to work out another way (IE, master looter loots all greens to me to pay for it), but I honestly prefer to raid over just sitting enough that I'd pay that kind of gold.

In terms of the off-topic "ISL = dps loss" though.. And I'm replying to this because a lot of locks seem confused about current spec options (whether they know it or not)..
    I personally disagree. I've found that fel armor + ISL + soul leech makes me pretty much completely self-sufficient. I've healed enough to know that having to worry about locks (and ret pallies' SoB) is an additional hassle, and I'd rather not visit it on the raid.

Your philosophy as a selfish dps kind of amuses me.. I can't really imagine getting to a point where "Where am I on the raid meter?" trumped "Did we kill the boss?"

If I were in your shoes, I would be aggressively trying to drop Suppression. Ulduar is positively infected with hit gear. I would gem out of it. I think it's a terrible talent. Yes, hit is valuable, but napkinmath: 3% hit = bit under 80 budget. You could take 78-80 hit rating on your gear/gems/chants and add ~94 sp, which would raise your dps by 140+. Since hit will never really come (on gear) at the cost of SP, rather crit or haste, I highly recommend gearing for it as soon as possible.

13/58 is nice and all but I don't think it's that realistic. It isn't meant to be.

Some guilds you can get away with Patch-style specs, some you need to finagle a bit. IE, I take Shadowfury, the 2nd Destructive Reach, and Soul Link: 0/14/57. I almost never die, I have much higher dps uptime than shorter-ranged nukers, and Shadowfury is fantastic for a number of fights. It can save lives (assault bots being stunned means our rogues aren't timid about getting up on them to ToT, etc), etc etc. Just a generally excellent spell.

I paid for those 3 by dropping Empowered Imp rather than Backlash.. not a huge dps difference, and I prefer the solo utility. Also, it means you can Doomguard, which is fun to have back.

Anyways, hope this post is useful for someone

I probably would not have kicked you for refusing to respec. But... if I had had the opportunity to read your posts here first, I would not invite you to begin with. It also seems silly that someone as hung up on personal dps as you are wouldnt work their gear around the highest dps spec. But I guess you've been told that a number of times by this point.

Quote Originally Posted by zey
    It also seems silly that someone as hung up on personal dps as you are wouldnt work their gear around the highest dps spec.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here, but how exactly do you "work your gear" around the highest dps spec?

Yes, simulators are awesome. Yes, simulators will tell you which spec does best damage with a specific set of gear requirements. Simulators however, do not hand you the gear you need to make that spec work.

How hard is it to understand that he may not be specced 0/13/58 simply because he does not have the gear to support that spec. In a perfect world, we would all get every drop we wanted the first time we ran an instance, and would be pumping out "perfect gear" simulation dps just like that.

WoW is rarely ever a perfect world however. Maybe he simply never got the gear he wanted / needed? Maybe he CAN'T get his hit from anywhere else without severely gimping more important stats / or breaking set bonuses or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    I'm going to go out on a limb here, but how exactly do you "work your gear" around the highest dps spec?

Yes, simulators are awesome. Yes, simulators will tell you which spec does best damage with a specific set of gear requirements. Simulators however, do not hand you the gear you need to make that spec work.

How hard is it to understand that he may not be specced 0/13/58 simply because he does not have the gear to support that spec. In a perfect world, we would all get every drop we wanted the first time we ran an instance, and would be pumping out "perfect gear" simulation dps just like that.

WoW is rarely ever a perfect world however. Maybe he simply never got the gear he wanted / needed? Maybe he CAN'T get his hit from anywhere else without severely gimping more important stats / or breaking set bonuses or something?
    How hard is it to understand that if you can't get hit capped while using a proper spec you should not be in Ulduar in the first place?

How hard is it to understand that if you can't get hit capped while using a proper spec you should not be in Ulduar in the first place?
    Because Ulduar is hard, 'm i rite?

Because Ulduar is hard, 'm i rite?
    Because doing heroics/naxx to get proper gear for an instance is hard, 'm i rite?

Because doing heroics/naxx to get proper gear for an instance is hard, 'm i rite?
    Because Naxx / Heroics ALWAYS drop what you need, and you simply CANT go into Ulduar without full BIS gear from Naxx, 'm i rite? Wait, we're back where we started, aren't we.

Because Naxx / Heroics ALWAYS drop what you need, and you simply CANT go into Ulduar without full BIS gear from Naxx, 'm i rite? Wait, we're back where we started, aren't we.
    Oh, you're totally right, my bad. I forgot you need best in slot to be hit capped. Not blues. OH WAIT.

WHAAA you can't walk into Ulduar the day you hit 80 if you're expected to be hitcapped. WHAAAAAAAAAA SO UNFAIR.

Get the gear to raid, THEN raid. What an amazing concept. You're clearly an idiot if you think getting hitcapped is anything remotely close to hard.

And once again, he IS hitcapped. He just happens to spend 3 talent points to get that. That's his choice. Probably supported by his gear. Maybe he will get lucky and get the hit trinket from an ulduar run, and ALL of his hit problems will magically go away.

Let me ask you a hypothetical question: Are YOU hitcapped if you don't have a Boomkin / SPriest in your 10 man? And if you are, what do you do when you DO have one in the raid?

Not all of us can be lucky enough to have enough gear variation to make up large differences in hit or other stats from situation to situation.

And once again, he IS hitcapped. He just happens to spend 3 talent points to get that. That's his choice. Probably supported by his gear. Maybe he will get lucky and get the hit trinket from an ulduar run, and ALL of his hit problems will magically go away.

Let me ask you a hypothetical question: Are YOU hitcapped if you don't have a Boomkin / SPriest in your 10 man?

What do you do then?
    Is it really necessary that I add WITH A PROPER SPEC after every time I say hitcapped? You know damn well that's what I mean, and I've already clarified it.

To answer your hypothetical questions, yes I am. Mostly because our 10 rarely has a shadow priest or boomkin in it. I also have a set of gear with less hit on it in case we DO have one of those or for 25 mans.

Not everyone needs 2 sets of gear though. If your runs always have a boomkin/Spriest, gear like you'll always have one. If your raids don't always have one, gear like they won't have one. Gearing in this case means gems as well.

Now I'm gonna state this real clearly so your dumb ass doesn't bring it up again. HE IS NOT HIT CAPPED IF HE HAS TO SPEC IMPROPERLY TO MAX HIT, ESPECIALLY IF IT MEANS LOSING A BUFF THE RAID NEEDS.

Don't want to be hit capped or properly specced? That's fine. You just shouldn't be surprised when people don't want you in their raids.

Is it really necessary that I add WITH A PROPER SPEC after every time I say hitcapped? You know damn well that's what I mean, and I've already clarified it.

To answer your hypothetical questions, yes I am. Mostly because our 10 rarely has a shadow priest or boomkin in it. I also have a set of gear with less hit on it in case we DO have one of those or for 25 mans.

Not everyone needs 2 sets of gear though. If your runs always have a boomkin/Spriest, gear like you'll always have one. If your raids don't always have one, gear like they won't have one. Gearing in this case means gems as well.

Now I'm gonna state this real clearly so your dumb ass doesn't bring it up again. HE IS NOT HIT CAPPED IF HE HAS TO SPEC IMPROPERLY TO MAX HIT, ESPECIALLY IF IT MEANS LOSING A BUFF THE RAID NEEDS.

Don't want to be hit capped or properly specced? That's fine. You just shouldn't be surprised when people don't want you in their raids.
    Agreed, RAID > YOU! also its not that hard to get hit capped from 289 to 368, craft yourself Ring of Northern Tears, add a couple of 9 spldmg 8 hit gems to your yellow sockets or red sockets and there you go hit capped, or if you fail eat freaking snapper extreme

Second if you dont even want to do that youre the dumbass for not taking offspec hit pieces.

Third, its a paltry excuse at best to say OMG!!! 0/13/58 replenishment i cant pull it off so if the raid needs it i dont care, then you walk out of the raid and let them wipe for 2 hrs cause probably theyre missing your dps and you completely destroyed the group makeup, and on top of that you made a mage go pure frost which is the least dps spec of them all since your sorry ass didnt want to provide mana regen to the rest of the raid.

Replenishment is a BIG part of 10 man or 25man raids, ISL is a big part of why 0/13/58 is uber dps, not understanding either reason and being a broken record about not being hit capped is a sorry effing excuse.

In my land thats a gkick.

There is no proper spec for a half pug group into a 10 man. It's a game. People play the specs they like, and the whole idea that because they don't build their characters in accordance to your ideas on how the world should work, they don't belong in Ulduar is probably one of the most retarded things I've ever heard. They are downing bosses, they are getting gear, they are having FUN. There is absolutely no reason they shouldn't play in Ulduar and you're rediculous for believing you have been bestowed with the knowledge of some magical number that allows someone else to go where they please.

I hope you've learned something about life from my post, but if you haven't c'est la vie.

Quote Originally Posted by NightRanger86
    There is no proper spec for a half pug group into a 10 man. It's a game. People play the specs they like, and the whole idea that because they don't build their characters in accordance to your ideas on how the world should work, they don't belong in Ulduar is probably one of the most retarded things I've ever heard. They are downing bosses, they are getting gear, they are having FUN. There is absolutely no reason they shouldn't play in Ulduar and you're rediculous for believing you have been bestowed with the knowledge of some magical number that allows someone else to go where they please.

I hope you've learned something about life from my post, but if you haven't c'est la vie.
    Ahh yes, this fantastic argument. Playing for fun and being good are mutually exclusive. Anyone who is good is obviously miserable and doesn't enjoy playing.

You're an idiot if you think playing poorly is somehow more fun than playing well, and that hasn't been his argument anyway. Yea, I took corpse explode on my DK because it's fun, even though it's a sub optimal spec. He's not specced a stupid way to have more fun. He's specced a stupid way because he's stupid.

And oh yea, I'm sure sitting outside Ulduar and not getting to raid is loads more fun than having a brain and getting to experience the content.

You are clearly an idiot and I have nothing further to say to you, so enjoy replying with some stupid crap illogical crap that I will ignore.

Either spec into 3/13/55, find a guild, or pick up some +hit gear (so you can switch out gear in case there isn't a 3/4% hit buff in the raid).

I'm 0/13/58 and sit just over 13% hit unbuffed; I'm hit capped. Since I'm in a guild, I know for a fact that there will be a Shadow Priest or Balance Druid in the raid AND a Draenei in my group. You can't get that kind of leisure in pugs.

3% from <a href="http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=33193">Misery</a> or <a href="http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=33602">Improved Faerie Fire</a>.
    1% from <a href="http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=28878">Heroic Presence</a>. (Alliance Only)

In pugs, if you were in my situation, you may have to worry about a group not fulfilling your needs since you're relying on another class to perform well. In my case, I have a some +hit gear that I can wear if such a time ever comes.

If you're wondering, I replace my T8.5 leggings with <a href="http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40560">Leggings of the Wanton Spellcaster</a>. I end up losing about ~40 spell power, It's worth it.

15+ Year Old Account

Raid > You, even with pugs.

I have respec'd into Meta just to give a caster-heavy 10 man a major dps upgrade, since we lacked a shaman. If replenishment means you beat Mimiron, do it. Screw your occasional misses and your dps epeen, and simply stay 13/58. If someone asks why your dps is lower, tell them:

"I don't have sufficient hit gear, but Replenishment for healers is better than an extra 300 dps. Over a 5 minute fight, this works out to 90,000 damage at the top end, which is an extra ~4 seconds of dps. If we are hitting the enrage timer and there are no mana issues, then we can discuss this again. Until then, let me roll on more hit rating gear if this is an issue. I do the best with what I have."

If someone came to me and said that in a raid setting, I would be rather impressed with the depth of knowledge they had in their class and keep them in the raid. People who know how they fit into a group are better than not.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by ita
    4) Yes, the healers needed it but I refused to pay for it as it's not my problem or fault. I already do my part as a warlock and DPS and providing utility I can (such as imp buff, healthstone and CoE or CoW) which is more than the other DPS in the group do.
    If you're joining the raid, it's just as much your problem as it is theirs. It's a group effort, and the key to that group working is having everyone work together. All it takes is one busted cog to break the machine.

Besides, they're going to need the mana so they can heal your ass after you life tap every 20-30 seconds.
    I'm your maker, not thy saviour.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Trollpatrol
    Besides, they're going to need the mana so they can heal your ass after you life tap every 20-30 seconds.
    13/58 doesn't lifetap more than once per minute or so. God bless Soul Leech.

owait.

R.I.P. YARG