Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just found ot what makes ret "OP"

Fisrt of all the title should be "My idea to make ret less spiky while keeping their damage"

And also my gear isn't really good for pvp, just the handguards are Hateful and the trinket is lvl 70, so it makes 98 Resilence, but anyways i got hit like a fucking truck so letme explain what happened. (Average ilvl 200, 1 ring and 1 trinket aren't that lvl, also the chest and the cloack :P)

I was on wsg and died for the first time (in that battle) and went back to the GY, when i came back to life i mounted and go forward and engaged a paladin that was under attack of 3 hordes (or 4) and when i charged the paladin cast Divine Storm and it crits on me for 4k, its ok most DS crits on me for 4k but whit that single cast, some kind of Seal procced and crit for another 3,7k, that makes 7.7k in a single cooldown that also did damage on other 3 targets.

I forget the Ret name so i didn't armory him but he had 19k health, but maybe he had many AP so idk if he was on high damage gear or wasn't well geared but it anyways crited for alot of damage for a Melee-plate class in a single cooldown, whitout any pre req (I understand that dks can use a few cooldowns to maximize damage to 7-9k and thats quite OP for a heavy health-high resistance class)

So i know that PvE ret dps is fine now so it can't be lowered but maybe some kind of prevention of this "medium" cooldowns procs makin them so powerful may be put on ppm only to white attacks, making damage less spiky holding their dps, and reducing a little their burst.

But, i think that seals are alrdy on ppm (idk let me know if i am wrong)

What do you think?

EDIT

Changed 4k to 3,7k for a totla of 7,7k
    Changed the part "i had 19k health", he had it :P
    My Characters:
    Hunter Warrior Warlock

Re: Just found ot what makes ret "OP"

get resilience and complain. The same thing could happen with any damn class.
    " 'A real man makes his own luck.' - Billy Zane, Titanic " - Dwight K. Schrute

it doesn't happen, just whit dk's <.<...

you could read the whole idea before replying =(
    My Characters:
    Hunter Warrior Warlock

Comic Book Guy says: Most nonsensical post ever.

went in a wsg with a couple of friends today, our ret pala (full ulduar 25 gear) got zerk buff and when we attacked our rogue gave him tricks of the trade, he mowed through the entire horde team while i was spam healing him, totally demolished them too, literally 2 shotting everyone. lotta fun, dont nerf rets imo!

Quote Originally Posted by Regar
    it doesn't happen, just whit dk's <.<...

you could read the whole idea before replying =(
    Yeah totally sure!

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Back in BC, seals were more powerful and only procced off white attacks. When 3.0 was released, divine storm and CS were given the ability to proc seals, and their damage was drastically reduced to compensate. Since then, Seal of Blood was buffed considerably, increasing its damage output while lowering judgement damage considerably. Also, there is absolutely no way that a seal proc crit you for 4k, even fully raid buffed with Ulduar 25 gear I hover around 3.2k crits. Throw in resilience, lowered DPS from PvP gear, and a lack of buffs, and you're making stuff up :P

Also, if you look at it from a math perspective, Divine Storm does 121% (with Art of War) of Weapon damage, while the Seal proc does 48% of Weapon damage as holy damage. Therefore, you would need 61% damage reduction to make them hit for the same amount (essentially you would need to be a well geared tank) and they would certainly not be hitting for 4k then.

Also you have no clue how seals work at all given your post.
    Solaron of <Old Guard>, Tichondrius US

I think it was "Seal of the martyr", i have been fighting and see that most of the pallys uses that seal (not in the horde, they all use SoB)

Yep i have no idea :P just know that they proc once a while for a good amount of damage.

It wasn't 4k seal damage, it was 3,7 its true.

Just i thought that that procs going twice in a fight is a HUGE advantage, as they are like a free second swing of the skill that you an finish unleashing the seal for more damage, that can make 3 cooldowns, really nasty
    My Characters:
    Hunter Warrior Warlock

yeah op, go and read some paladinguides/instructions before giving out your "ideas" to ret. blizzard is already working on serious changes to retpaladins, so no need for some uninformed random guy to make up "supergood" changes 8>

I think it was "Seal of the martyr", i have been fighting and see that most of the pallys uses that seal (not in the horde, they all use SoB)

Yep i have no idea :P just know that they proc once a while for a good amount of damage.

It wasn't 4k seal damage, it was 3,7 its true.

Just i thought that that procs going twice in a fight is a HUGE advantage, as they are like a free second swing of the skill that you an finish unleashing the seal for more damage, that can make 3 cooldowns, really nasty
    martyr = blood

Wait till you get pwnt by a warlock hiding in the bushes!

is it a.....troll? oh gosh, who wouldve thought

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Ok so, it seems like i have to know something about seals :/

Anyways i will leave some pics here, just wait
    My Characters:
    Hunter Warrior Warlock

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Billyzane
    Yeah totally sure!
    DKs doesnt have that violent aoe dmg
    they have alot of aoe, but nothing that can do those numbers.. unless you count heartstrike

Quote Originally Posted by Nioxic
    DKs doesnt have that violent aoe dmg
    they have alot of aoe, but nothing that can do those numbers.. unless you count heartstrike
    pvp is all about aoe clearly....

i mean theres.......lolstorm. thats about it. by which i am referring to arms

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species

No offense m8 but ill not take this topic serious cause of few reasons: its seems you didnt have play pvp or didnt play pvp for looooooong time, you have 2 pvp items cca meaningless amount of ressilience, have feeling you had also poor pve gear, you said you were hitted for 4k and then seal procs 4k(sure m8) and finally you said paladin is fine in pve(just lol if you are serious raiding member).
    Ty m8 for post but make new in some month or more when youll have your gear and experience.

Fisrt of all the title should be "My idea to make ret less spiky while keeping their damage"
    If that should be the title, why on earth didn't you use that one then?

Quote Originally Posted by Dareos
    If that should be the title, why on earth didn't you use that one then?
    Cause, being cannon fodder in wsg/ab with low ressilence, low pve gear hurts ego.

save your QQ when you get hit by 11k frost strikes in arenas with 800 resil plus......nerf ret my ass.....

yes this is quite common given that sigil gives an easy 2k damage to FS plus if your below 35% GG

Quote Originally Posted by sah303136
    save your QQ when you get hit by 11k frost strikes in arenas with 800 resil plus......nerf ret my ass.....

yes this is quite common given that sigil gives an easy 2k damage to FS plus if your below 35% GG
    lolfrost in arena

4k DS is believable but he must have been very geared. there is no way in hell he got a 4k~ SoM proc, unless he AW'd and had the zerker buff.

tbh, rets are fine how they are. they could even use a slight buff for 2v2 imho. killing healers is way too difficult, its really a mana battle nowadays. and yes. frost dks hurt. so do arcane mages. so do destro locks. so do alot of things. lets just nerf every class.