heirloom item question

I'm going to be making a human pally leveling as ret but i'm not sure which weapon would be better. Should i just get the arcanite reaper or would the 2h sword from stone keepers shards be better to take advantage of the free expertise?

Also, is the trinket that gives haste and life back worth buying? I hate running heroics and what not so I don't have an abundance of emblems.

Re: heirloom item question

Axe is probably better, the crit on it is sick at the <30s and the speed is ideal
    Even thought the sword has more Stren, the resilience is useless for like 95%+ of the time

I personally use dual SP trinkets on all my mana users, before you get JotW they'll make a pretty big difference and by the time you get that you'll be able to pick up some of the really good leveling trinkets and use the SP ones on any casters alts you want to level or in a leveling Holy set

Thanks for the suggestions looks like I'll be buying the axe instead of the sword. Also, is crusader the ideal enchant for the axe?

I have a general idea of what talents and what not to take, but are there any that I should grab right away when they become available? I'm completely new to this class and only have general knowledge of ret paladins.

Seal of Command > Judgements of the Wise > Crusader Strike > Divine Storm
    Persuit of Justice is very handy even if it doesn't look it, 15% faster is still 15% faster

I'd also go 51 Ret, then Divine Strength, then go back to the Ret tree to get the rest of the nice talents

And yes, Crusader is the best although it can be a bit annoying when it procs on 10% hp mobs

Which 1h heirloom do yall suggest if i want to level Prot?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Uhlrik
    Which 1h heirloom do yall suggest if i want to level Prot?
    The spellpower mace is good until you get hammer of the righteous, after that you should get some better 1h with higher DPS on it.

idve gotten the sword for the human racial.

+massive str. resil is ok. not like having that little will help much, but i do like to pvp.

its got a nice speed too

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders