Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Death Knight Guide/Q&A - (PvE DPS/Tanking and PvP)

I've been searching for the information but haven't been able to find it. I apologize if this has been covered before and I wasn't able to find it. Can someone link me to or explain DWing mechanics for DPS & tanking?

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu
    Is unholy dps still best for worst geared dks?
    From what I have noticed it still appears to be. I mean with Unholy DKs you just reach hit cap and hit the ground running the other specs are a little more gear dependant.

But IDK, it has been a while since I had bad gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Taidaisher
    I've been searching for the information but haven't been able to find it. I apologize if this has been covered before and I wasn't able to find it. Can someone link me to or explain DWing mechanics for DPS & tanking?
    http://elitistjerks.com/f72/

^ DK forums on Elitist Jerks.

Its what I always use.

15+ Year Old Account

Okay, Just got my DK to 80 and would like a few questions answered.

Is the rotation on the front page for unholy dps, still good? Or have a few things changed?

What is a good DK build for soloing (old world raids)?

Is the rotation on the front page for unholy dps, still good? Or have a few things changed?

PS - It - BS - BS - SS - HoW - DC - DC - SS - SS - SS

For soloing I go with a Tank Blood spec with heavy magic resist and Rune tap.

i dont know if someone mentioned it but that frost tank specc was off imho. pull out chill of the grave and drop em in mercisless combat for good TPS on the execute/kill shot/pally hammer thing spams on bosses. also take 2h wep specialization and throw them into epidemic because the less time u are reapplying diseases the more time you are tanking. i would put the bladed armor in icy talons but thats more personal preference if u would rather take less dmg than deal out more dmg which seems more ideal for tanking but like i said its a personal preferance thing.

I propose these kind of guides should just be direct links to EJ forums.

Do the people who came up with the info some justice imo.
    Dk- http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Raivious

the guide on the first page is rather outdated. The 2h unholy cookie cutter builds currently are:
    16/0/55 using blood pressence, this build requires at least 200-300 haste rating.
    14/0/57 using IUP to make up for the lack of haste.

without epidemic the unholy builds use a 10 second rotation:
    PS-IT-BS-BS-SS-DUMP

It appears there is not much information on the top DPS frost build after the 3.2 patch. Personally having a gear score of over 4k and running dual wield dps frost spec is the highest rated dps in wow for the geared peep.
    DW Frost build is the apparent front runner for the end game DK.
    There are huge factors that must be known:
    1) Rotation is based upon slow but steady/ 2sr rule applies.
    2) Priority is the diseases / Rune abilities always take priority over rp abilities.
    3) HB having such a low crit always or when possible use with KM.
    4) Runeforge = In main hand use Rune of Razorise - Off hand use Rune of Fallen Crusader / They stack!!
    5) Sigil of Awareness / unless you have Sigil gear of 232 or better
    6) Weapons - High dps/ low speed
    7) Always stay in Blood Presence

If you follow the appropriate rotation IT-PS-BS-Pest-OB-RP//OB-OB-OB-RP This sets up your rotation, OB-OB-Pest-OB-RP//OB-OB-OB-RP is for rotation after diseases have been installed

Always follow the 2 second rule, DK's are fussy when it come to RP, Rime and Rune usage.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    It appears there is not much information on the top DPS frost build after the 3.2 patch. Personally having a gear score of over 4k and running dual wield dps frost spec is the highest rated dps in wow for the geared peep.
    DW Frost build is the apparent front runner for the end game DK.
    There are huge factors that must be known:
    1) Rotation is based upon slow but steady/ 2sr rule applies.
    2) Priority is the diseases / Rune abilities always take priority over rp abilities.
    3) HB having such a low crit always or when possible use with KM.
    4) Runeforge = In main hand use Rune of Razorise - Off hand use Rune of Fallen Crusader / They stack!!
    5) Sigil of Awareness / unless you have Sigil gear of 232 or better
    6) Weapons - High dps/ low speed
    7) Always stay in Blood Presence

If you follow the appropriate rotation IT-PS-BS-Pest-OB-RP//OB-OB-OB-RP This sets up your rotation, OB-OB-Pest-OB-RP//OB-OB-OB-RP is for rotation after diseases have been installed

Always follow the 2 second rule, DK's are fussy when it come to RP, Rime and Rune usage.
    If you're talking about 3/51/17, then most of what you said is correct; however, point 3, "when possible" is wrong. Always use Rime with KM, or don't use Rime at all. On single targets, it is a DPS loss to use Rime unless your HB crits. Always.
    Also, FC is the mainhand rune of choice as far as I am aware. You should have little trouble maintaining Razorice stacks with it in your offhand, and FC in the offhand severely lowers its uptime, which is a significant DPS loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Praxis
    If you're talking about 3/51/17, then most of what you said is correct; however, point 3, "when possible" is wrong. Always use Rime with KM, or don't use Rime at all. On single targets, it is a DPS loss to use Rime unless your HB crits. Always.
    Also, FC is the mainhand rune of choice as far as I am aware. You should have little trouble maintaining Razorice stacks with it in your offhand, and FC in the offhand severely lowers its uptime, which is a significant DPS loss.
    Actually i was thinking along the lines of 10/54/7 - with the loss of strength during the 2SR having Blood talents increase the overall auto-attack dps. The increase in disease and crit from the unholy 3/51/17 does not out perform the blood strength talent points.
    Question - So you would use the runeforge wep/ RR in the main hand and FC in off? This reduces the strength stack that you get when it crits on OB or as a matter of fact all auto-attacks?
    Also FC.RR is your basic attack setup for a single boss - if you are adjusting and switching from boss to boss FC/FC is the choice to make. I was incorrect in my previous thread.

How much health unbuffed is fine for tanking h toc?
    535 defense
    i lol'd

How is this for a leveling build?
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jf0MZ...0uxoufqo:VbZVz
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

if ur undead already do u need lichborne to heal yourself with death coil

yes u still need it, cause as an undead dk u'll still be treated as a "humanoid" character

i see that makes sense

Hmm, well the unholy build is outdated > So can anyone suggest a good build to maximise DPS with superior gear? Doesn't matter what build. If an armory link is needed, here it is: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...st&n=Slyknight

Ok I read your tank builds and just wondering why in your frost you wouldnt spec into Icy Talons since being you are using a slower weapon the added haste would add to your speed and improved icy talons to help buff your raid around you to help boost there overall DPS thus ending the encounter quicker. I play a DK tank and use that when I tank as well as DW tank but also have a blood tank build for him as well.

i apologize if this has already been said but ive been offline for a few months now, is DW tanking actually viable now because of those new rune enchantments? if so, are there any advantages to DW? I appreciate any responses becuase i want to get back into tanking when i start up in a week and didnt want to be outdated or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasger
    Ok I read your tank builds and just wondering why in your frost you wouldnt spec into Icy Talons since being you are using a slower weapon the added haste would add to your speed and improved icy talons to help buff your raid around you to help boost there overall DPS thus ending the encounter quicker. I play a DK tank and use that when I tank as well as DW tank but also have a blood tank build for him as well.
    Talents point are not endless, these points may have a better use for your threat or survival.