0/13/58 - Which talents to choose ?

Hi !

On elitist, the recommended talent tree for 0/13/58 is
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...31051335230351

ATM i use
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...31051335230351

Taking 2 points into demonic embrace instead of Healthstone is ok, so i will change to that.
    But why should i use 3 points into backlash, cutting destructive reach ?
    [div class="blizzquotewrap"][div class="blizzquoteinner"][span class="corners-top"][span][/span][/span][div class="blizzquoteheader"][span]Quote from: Blizzard Staff[/span][/div][div class="blizzquote"]Warlock's survavibility wasn't really good at the start of Wrath of the Lich King, but they're in a pretty good place right now.[/div][span class="corners-bottom"][span][/span][/span][/div][/div]

Re: 0/13/58 - Which talents to choose ?

I only have 1 point in backlash so I can get 2/2 Destructive reach and Shadowfury. While people may think Shadowfury isn't a viable talent I find it very useful for hard modes such as Freya/Council and many other situations. 1 point isn't going to be game altering so really it's about personal preference.

15+ Year Old Account

If you like 36 yards, use it.

I think the reason they skip it is because Doom has a 30 yard range, thus you have to run in 6 yards to cast one spell every minute. Plus 10% threat won't make or break the tank.

Yes, it's all about personal preference. I raided Naxx10 with Exhaustion just in case they needed someone to kite Zombie Chow

R.I.P. YARG

Idd the points in backlash wont make or break your spec, so your fairly free to consider them as random fillers.

Looking at what kind of crit buffs you can get from a raid, you will barely notice the added dps. After all, crit is stil our worst scaling dmg stat

So if you like other fillers as shadowfury to add some more control, or more range by all means go for it
    Also if you like a bigger healthstone, go for it. the Demonic embrace is just a filler that adds a bit more survivabilty.

Personally I took Imp HS instead of Embrace, I don't really need the extra stam and better healthstones for the whole raid is IMO better, I also dropped 2 points out of Backlash to max Destructive Reach and Shadowfury like some posters above me, Backlash is the only talent you can compensate with gear and you get a butload of crit from raidbuffs anyway.

15+ Year Old Account

Basically, if the talent says "Increases damage by X" you need it. If it says "Increases non-damage by X" its optional.

Spell Power = Damage
    Damage done by Fire/Shadow = Damage
    Reach = Non Damage
    Stamina = Non Damage (unless you're demo!)

The exception is Soul Leech, because Improved Soul Leech gives Mana which means less Life Tapping which means more time casting spells which means more damage. :P

R.I.P. YARG