Feral Tank +hit question

Hi guys, I am mainly a resto druid clearing ulduar 10/25 but my offspec is feral since i like soloing certain bosses for mounts(Anzu, ZG, kara etc)

I read through the bear guide and even though it did touch on the issue about hit and expertise for bear tanks it didnt really mention a number.

I am not a tank expert and i wont be doing any end game tanking but for the content im clearing as feral(TBC heroics and raids) how much +hit should i get as a feral tank?

PS. I am at 216 +hit(6.59%), like i said im not a tank expert or anything so any insight would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Re: Feral Tank +hit question

as long as your expertise capped it doesnt really matter i run with 7%~ and dont have any problems

i MT Ulduar with about 225 hit and except for the occasional miss i dont have any issues, i also run with about 31 Expertise (10 of which you get from talents). these are about the numbers i would suggest shooting for on your tank set.

Expertise = More threat (from more attacks landing) and more mitagation (since less parries from boss)
    Hit = More threat (from more attacks landing)

Go with expertise till capped, dont worry about ever trying to obtain hit, just take what comes. Also the hit cap is 8%. And I just checked, the expertise cap is 26 to remove all dodges. Going higher jut helps with parries.

What's the best way to get expertise (after the 10)? Gem for it or are there easy enough items to get? (Sorry my druid is my alt)

Deleted

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by enoesiw
    What's the best way to get expertise (after the 10)? Gem for it or are there easy enough items to get? (Sorry my druid is my alt)
    Items. Expertise is very rarely worth gemming for. One example would be, a yellow socket that you want to use for a nice socket-bonus, putting a hit/expertise gem in.

However, there is plenty of leather and jewelry with expertise. With a proper picking in tank-oriented leather (e.g. more stamina than agility, crit/exp = tank, more agility than stamina, haste/ArP = dps) you can easily find yourself way over the dodge cap. I peaked at like 45 expertise (-11.25%) when I was progressing through Naxx and was using Inevitable Defeat. I'm still over 30 without paying that much attention.

Edit: sorry, I'll add the Expertise and Hit cap values on the guide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.