Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Paladins are still fine in Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    You are clearly an expert.

Ret/holy is horrible.

Ret/ret is a joke

Ret/mage and ret/rogue require a lot of coordination against good teams.

Ret/dk is also a joke, very gimmicky and conditional, lots of counter comps.

Ret/shaman is the weakest ret/healer team with the exception of ret/holy paladin.

Ret/disc ret/resto and ret/rogue are probably rets best teams right now in 2v2.

Rets are in a much better place in 3's.
    he's right.

also, this nerf basically killed my chances of beating a resto druid team, which is like half of all teams you fight after 2k or so

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Mysmere
    he's right.

also, this nerf basically killed my chances of beating a resto druid team, which is like half of all teams you fight after 2k or so
    It's pretty annoying, but we'll work around it.

The fact is that ret in the higher brackets is fairly weak, we dominate lower brackets without Vindication, the change does nothing to avail that, it's just burst against low resilience or unprepared targets that wins us matches against poor/inexperienced players. I understand it has to be fun for them, too, but when does it get to be fun for Ret? You know... if winning is what they mean by fun.

They need to give us something that is useless against poor/inexperienced players, but is great to counter more powerful teams that instacounter us (Anything with a priest, anything with a talented rogue or warrior, anything with a druid that knows how to spamclone.) exactly what that something is, I have no idea, I guess that's why they just decided to nerf us.

In any event, if you're losing to Ret paladins in 1v1, or even in 2v2 attrition battles (Lots of those, these days), it's your fault, not ret being fine. As a priest, you should /point /laugh whenever you see ret come strolling by. They only have two abilities by which to limit your healing/shielding, and with fear, you have a powerful ability to get range or interrupt his damage. Dont think for a second you can't mana burn a Ret Paladin into oblivion. He should be the one complaining about being worn OOM. Easy maths here: JotW is 25% mana back every 8 seconds, mana burn takes 13% every 2. No Ret Paladin's mana pool should ever last more than 45 seconds before he's totally OOM. That's being generous and assuming you're spending a lot of your time healing yourself instead of mana burning, plus his stun. At that point, DoT him up, whatever mana he winds up with, he'll waste healing himself, or else die from your DoTs.

Priests are always > Ret, even Shadow has the tools required to break down Ret with no hope of return.

Quote Originally Posted by PalliesThrowStuff
    It's pretty annoying, but we'll work around it.

The fact is that ret in the higher brackets is fairly weak, we dominate lower brackets without Vindication, the change does nothing to avail that, it's just burst against low resilience or unprepared targets that wins us matches against poor/inexperienced players. I understand it has to be fun for them, too, but when does it get to be fun for Ret? You know... if winning is what they mean by fun.

They need to give us something that is useless against poor/inexperienced players, but is great to counter more powerful teams that instacounter us (Anything with a priest, anything with a talented rogue or warrior, anything with a druid that knows how to spamclone.) exactly what that something is, I have no idea, I guess that's why they just decided to nerf us.

In any event, if you're losing to Ret paladins in 1v1, or even in 2v2 attrition battles (Lots of those, these days), it's your fault, not ret being fine. As a priest, you should /point /laugh whenever you see ret come strolling by. They only have two abilities by which to limit your healing/shielding, and with fear, you have a powerful ability to get range or interrupt his damage. Dont think for a second you can't mana burn a Ret Paladin into oblivion. He should be the one complaining about being worn OOM. Easy maths here: JotW is 25% mana back every 8 seconds, mana burn takes 13% every 2. No Ret Paladin's mana pool should ever last more than 45 seconds before he's totally OOM. That's being generous and assuming you're spending a lot of your time healing yourself instead of mana burning, plus his stun. At that point, DoT him up, whatever mana he winds up with, he'll waste healing himself, or else die from your DoTs.

Priests are always > Ret, even Shadow has the tools required to break down Ret with no hope of return.
    mana burn isn't really the problem, that just finishes your mana off after you stop gaining mana due to shields blocking judge dmg. you really have to watch when your oponent is shielded to hit them with a crus or storm before judging, to weaken the shield.. if you dont, you'll go oom, if you do then half the time theyll just waste their mana trying to burn you

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Babypost
    You fail.
    You rock.

Perhaps you dont want to fix ret paladins, but blizzard clearly do, so i dont care.

Also if you wanna argue with me about paladins being able to kill a dps-class while repentence on healer be my guest. Lets say the paladin is repentencing me when my warrior is 60%, there is a big chance my warrior cant keep himself up, at least not without shield-wall. If the ret will stun me right after rep hes probably dead.

Im not saying rets are op, Im just saying their way of dpsing is too busty and too simple.