Criticise me please :)

Hey fellow mages,I'm trying to spot the weaknesses in my gear currently and was hoping to get a few critics to help me spot the flaws. Here's what i've seemingly worked out so far.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...os&n=Treestump

Helm: Needs replacing with nax25 grobb haste helm
    Neck: eoe25 neck drop quest item (not a priority)
    Shoulders: fine
    Chest: Replace with haste robes from OS25+ 1drake
    bracers: undecided
    Weapon: replace with turning tide(i dont see this as a priority as it's so hard to win )
    Offhand: fine
    Wand: gemmed wand of the nerubians needed
    Gloves: Fine
    Belt: Undecided
    Legs: Not good for arcane(?) replace with maexna 25 legs or Frostfire legs
    Boots: fine
    trinkets: replace battlemasters asap with maexna trinket in nax10 or dying curse in nax25.

I personally think im pretty sure where i need the improvements and yet my guild has so far only downed the first 3 bosses in uld10,we're not big enough for 25's and ive never had the fortune to get the stuff from nax25 i need :/ anything i can use an alternatives? any helpful advice or comments much appreciated.

Tree

Re: Criticise me please :)

I think you have a good sense of where you're trying to get to. Your legs are fine and it will increase your dps if you work towards either t7 or t8 set bonuses. Your gear looks fine for arcane although you should try messing around with ttw/fb spec, your gear should be able to support it.

Re: Criticise me please :)

Your head armor is terrible. Despite it's high itemlevel, the loss of a meta socket puts it behind a hat of wintry doom (blue, tailored).

Gemming should be spellpower, SP/haste, SP/Hit, or SP/spirit gems as needed for good socket bonuses or meta gem activation. The only meta gem you should be using is the chaotic skyflare diamond.

Your spec is reasonable, but that glyph of arcane barrage should be replaced with the glyph of arcane missiles.

I would recommend using the hyperspeed accelerators tinker on your gloves and macroing it onto your arcane blast button. It's not a huge dps increase over the spellpower enchant, but it helps. Replacing the spellthread on your pants with the spellpower/spirit thread will net you a bit more crit.

You're currently sitting at 20% hit, 23% with a shadow priest or moonkin in raid, way over the hit cap.

Don't be rushing to replace your wand. It's perfectly itemized for arcane, and unless you're starving for hit the gemmed wand of nerubians isn't an upgrade.

There are several blue trinkets that beat your battlemaster's trinket. If you don't have any banked, the cannoneer's fuselighter can be quickly obtained if you haven't done the quest chain for it yet.

I wouldn't push to get the 1 drake robes. They're an upgrade in your current gear, but the t7 or t8 robes would be a bigger improvement due to providing the set bonus. Even disregarding the set bonus, there are several superior alternatives to the sanctum's flowing vestments now.

Right now, getting the 2 set bonus of either tier set would be a significant upgrade. The T8.5 legs may be poorly itemized for arcane, but they're far enough ahead in itemlevel there's not much that's going to beat them.

I would recommend download Rawr to get a good idea what gear to push for. It also has an excellent optimize function that can find the best gear combination to maximize dps out of what you have.