Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: DK's who dont use Runeforging

Quote Originally Posted by bals
    you do know FC was nerfed from 30% to 15% right?
    You do know that the proc rate was increased a lot, right?
    Make sure to check out this thread made just for you before you make new topics.

Death Knight Guide/Q&A

If you know something which you think should be in the guide, then just let me know and i'll add it!

Quote Originally Posted by bals
    you do know FC was nerfed from 30% to 15% right?
    and its proc chance doubled right. leaving it as the same upgrade over time, reducing its burstiness in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by IluvbubblesDI
    I saw one with 110 ap and the response was "It gives more sustained dps." and that was when it was 30% for fallen crusader
    Fallen crusader wasn't nerfed. Its effect was reduced, but its uptime was doubled.
    Which means, burst reduced, sustained damage untouched.

For a decently geared DK, fallen crusader procs, and gives about 300 AP(assuming 1000 strength, which is "decent gear") and it only becomes better as your gear reached above average, and eventually BiS.
    And it's up a lot. Him using the 85 AP enchant, which doesn't scale with talents and Kings.. Is just a complete and utter joke.

DK's who dont use Runeforging ... have no business playing a DK.

Cool, sorry didn't know they doubled the proc rate, I don't play a dk so i didn't really pay attention to it that much, just saw the % change.

Any dps dk not using fc is just fail. I have about 1540 str prebuffed. In a 25 man raid +180str(imp soe)+25(gow)=205x.09(9% more str from talents)=about19str. So we're up to about 225 more str. So 1765+kings=about 2030str fully buffed.

Add fc which when procs adds 15% more str coming to 305(610ap) and plus as blood ds adds 10% more ap, how can any dk not use fc. Sorry if post and math is a lil sloppy but fc is defitely king for dks.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Quote Originally Posted by Boodywolf24
    Lol, you obviously forgot that some dk skills are also spells, so they need spell penetration so they don't get resisted in PvP.
    l o l

I saw a Dk 4/5 t7.5, his guilds maintank apparently, who used
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41396
    in is meta gem slot
    dead serious
    no joke

There are so many really bad dk's who don't understand the importance of things like runes or specific talents.

Like all the DK's who still spec 17 0 54 after 3.1 (and even saw one taking 5/5 desecration and skipping necrosis), and indeed all the DK's who use enchants and think they're doing a good job. DK's using AP gems. DK's using spellpower items... etc.

Ah well im glad theres still a bunch of DK's who actually do know what they're doing and what's important.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananengurke
    in is meta gem slot
    dead serious
    no joke
    He would of been given a /slap then a /gkick if he was in my guild.

Terrible DK's like him give us all a bad name

I am Priest - Play Free Online Games

in is meta gem slot
    dead serious
    no joke
    story behind this:
    It was a naxx 10 PuG, this dk was maintank, and I was offtank ( warrior), first cleared spider wing, patchwerk went well, at grobbulus they seriously decided that he will be maintank for sure because he had like 2k more health ( stupid pugs, eh?)
    the group quit after 4 wipes because they didn't want to let me tank the boss ( i got some ill skills yo!) and that dk didn't know how the fuck to pull the boss...
    Wasted id, but I didn't need anythign from naxx10 anyways

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places

If you think about it, all classes have their fail people in it. Those who JUST don't get it and because for some reason listening to another means they didn't know enough to do it right the first time and it's a blow to the ego. So what do these people do, (rarely it's listen and take the advice) get nasty, snippy and rude... continuing to be full of fail. I remember in TBC near the end about a month before Wrath kicked in, I was in a group with a druid tank and he was THE WORST druid ever. Couldn't figure out what his problem was so I looked at his talents and he was missing 10 talent points. I asked why he didn't put them in and his response was, "Because Wrath is kicking in soon and I'll be the smart one with available talents to spend!" I quickly left the group in fear and in laughter. It's not just the new Death Knight morons who don't see the common sense stuff or can't take advice, all classes sadly have to deal with it.

Even though it doesn't matter to the original topic, the FC change was a nerf to sustained DPS. To offset the change from 30% to 15% you need to double the uptime. Blizzard doubled the PPM and thus the proc chance, however this doesn't double the uptime because the dependence is not linear but exponential.
    (Uptime=1-(1-PPM/60*AttackInterval)^(15/AttackInterval))

I'm kinda new but what is the name of the add on used on the first page/topic to show stats. Called stat summary on there but can't find on curse client. Please? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Faint^
    I'm kinda new but what is the name of the add on used on the first page/topic to show stats. Called stat summary on there but can't find on curse client. Please? ^^
    ratingbuster

Quote Originally Posted by Exclusive
    There are so many really bad dk's who don't understand the importance of things like runes or specific talents.

Like all the DK's who still spec 17 0 54 after 3.1 (and even saw one taking 5/5 desecration and skipping necrosis), and indeed all the DK's who use enchants and think they're doing a good job. DK's using AP gems. DK's using spellpower items... etc.

Ah well im glad theres still a bunch of DK's who actually do know what they're doing and what's important.
    17/0/54 is still the best spec *pre* ulduar gear. When you have Ulduar gear, 0/10/61 is better. Desecration got buffed, it gets triggered by Scourge Strike also. Necrosis got nerfed, it doesn't benefit from other things, such as Black Ice. It is just a flat 20% weapon damage increase.

To qoute you: "There are so many really bad dk's who don't understand the importance of things like runes or specific talents."

Quote Originally Posted by Trygvetd
    17/0/54 is still the best spec *pre* ulduar gear. When you have Ulduar gear, 0/10/61 is better. Desecration got buffed, it gets triggered by Scourge Strike also. Necrosis got nerfed, it doesn't benefit from other things, such as Black Ice. It is just a flat 20% weapon damage increase.
    12/0/59 is superior to 17/0/54.

Quote Originally Posted by GT4
    Whoops! My mistake!

in is meta gem slot
    dead serious
    no joke

maybe , just maybe.. theirs a SLIGHT chance that he needed just that lidl bit extra defence to get 540 w/o stoneskin to get 4% parry? (pray's) :P

Quote Originally Posted by GT4
    It's also worth noting that 0/10/61 is not strictly superior to 12/0/59 in Ulduar gear. More importantly if you're in all BiS gear 12/0/59 is actually slightly better, while if you have all 4p T8 and BiS in every other location then 0/10/61 is better.

...and yes, I'm not sure why people assume otherwise, but FC was nerfed. It wasn't the 50% nerf that a lot of people assume because of the 30%->15% change, but FC is still slightly worse than it was before the change.