Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: DK's who dont use Runeforging

Quote Originally Posted by Natgul
    Sorry for the off-topic questions...what's your addon for looking the item stat?
    I belive that's Ratingbuster

Quote Originally Posted by olga
    A month or so ago, I even saw a full T7.5, with BoH, +110AP.

And today, saw another DK with +20 SPELL PENETRATION, for his blue sockets.
    Spell pen benefits our scourge strikes. frost strike. death coils.

Just please dont say that it was in his PvE gear /cringe

Personally I still boggle over people using Swordshatter Rune..i mean maybe i'm wrong and feel free to correct me but Stoneskin Gargolye just seems to add so much more then 4% parry especially with the DR.
    Steaküms 85 Warrior
    Éxpletive 85 Hunter
    Totums 85 Shaman
    Wholemilk 85 Paladin

"Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking"

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Animebando
    I gave Berserking to a DK once... didn't say anything though because I got paid so what do I care.
    If the DK was a fresh 80 and/or equipped with several "rogue items" (agi/AP cloak, rings, neck, some leather or whatever) and their str was low, then Berzerking provides better benefit.

Can't remember the number, I think the cutoff is around 1000 str for FC to provide greater benefit, I dunno.

If that's the case anyway, Zerking would be a waste of money and mats.

I usually just hand the mats back and reccomend runeforging.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

This is a good thing.

It allows you to immediately know that the player will be bad, and that you shouldn't group with them.

to the swordshatter-rune thingy

i'm a pvp'er and use it against those f***ing rogues represented in every single arena fight we face and disarming the hell out of me in the middle of my burst or in a 1on1 sitouation with him...

i dont know but im feeling much more safe with the swordshattering one as with FC in bg's and arenas
    Black is what darkness looks like.

Runeforging is a key element of the Class - it's like a Shaman or Rogue using a Sharpening Stone...

Quote Originally Posted by Steakums
    Personally I still boggle over people using Swordshatter Rune..i mean maybe i'm wrong and feel free to correct me but Stoneskin Gargolye just seems to add so much more then 4% parry especially with the DR.
    Reread your post. You're about as smart as the DK in the screenshot.

If your def is capped, Swordshattering is better. Stoneskin Gargoyle is good for getting that last def as you start doing HC and Naxx, but as soon as you have those epics, you should have enough def from gear alone and Swordshatter is better for avoidance purposes. IIRC SG runeforge is 3,75% avoidance. And no, the hp bonus isn't worthwhile.

You meantion the DR? Well Swordshatter does not have DR on it's bonus, it's a flat 4% increase in parry.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifel
    If your def is capped, Swordshattering is better. Stoneskin Gargoyle is good for getting that last def as you start doing HC and Naxx, but as soon as you have those epics, you should have enough def from gear alone and Swordshatter is better for avoidance purposes. IIRC SG runeforge is 3,75% avoidance. And no, the hp bonus isn't worthwhile.

You meantion the DR? Well Swordshatter does not have DR on it's bonus, it's a flat 4% increase in parry.
    25 defence = 1% to each avoidance stat. In the case of DKs, 3. 4% undiminished parry is better in most situations, but don't think it's better in every situation. Sometimes that stam is golden and well worth the 1% avoidance.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.